What did you think of the new season?

What did you think of the new season?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=J5mqA__bjHI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Started off okay, got shit the further on it went.

The first season seemed more grounded in reality, you didn't have terrorists hijacking planes or miracle products the CEO just loves.

Frank was made into more of the dumb dad stereotype and the wife and daughter were played up more as always in the right.

>sue invents a thing
>gets thrown to the curb when it comes time for credit
this is what every corporate job does to people eventually, they just accelerated it to the worst level for her because they wanted to keep pace with the rest of the season.

>Frank was made more of the dumb dad and the wife and daughter were played up as always being right

Do you mean in the first season or second?
I saw in the second season they kept showing Maurine (spelling?) viewing various sexist media, and giving her small reactions, but never really figured out where they wanted to go with it.
I really liked how they fleshed out some of the background characters, and some of the flashbacks on Frank and Sues relationship.

I liked it. Thought the first season was alright but this one grew on me.

I feel they over did it with the nudity, like they wanted to show off how adult this show could be with Netflix so they told the writers to come up with as many excuses to have the characters naked at all times.

>Do you mean in the first season or second?
Second. Maurine was made a math genius or some shit.

Yeah I did notice it got a little excessive. Especially with that fat hooker with the huge tits

Okay just making sure. That whole thing with Marine suddenly being a genius felt really thrown in. It felt like they were trying to do a Malcolm in the Middle but already had so much going on that it mostly just got shoved to the side

is Vic gonna be alright?
Is that other neighbour a serial killer?

What did everyone think of pic related

She was also made way more innocent in this season. She was kind of an mischievous ass in the first season which made more sense.

I hate any gimmick character with some shitty deformity. I didn't realize it until I saw the guy with the exposed jaws in the cleveland show.

Scoop had two good moments, one of which is the photo you posted

>He sorts luggage by race, Frank

This is pretty much Franks equivalent of the invention thing, right? To show how somebody is going to take what you have right out from under you even if they didn't earn it?

How do you feel about Joe from Family Guy??

She was shown wanting to be an austronat last season, tho.

Eh, she still delighted in grossing out kids with her eye and purposefully held a story time about war crimes with her scout group.

Maureen

Really liked it
I'm interested in every family members' story so I can't wait for the next season

Season Finale Spoiler:

I was actually hoping for them to start working towards their respective dreams and overcome the challenges associated with them in the possible next (3rd) season. Instead, it's heavily implied they will have to deal with an unexpected pregnancy and coming 4th child.

Idk, I thought it was lame they went that route.

i see wheelchair people all the time irl so its not too bothersome. I don't even really have a problem with dent in head its just some type of pet peeve thing I've developed

Yeah pissed me off that shit would relapse again, feels very Bojack Horseman style

why does it look like disney recess

How old is Sue supposed to be anyway? It didn't seem like they were bothering with condoms the other times they had sex in the show.

I'm also annoyed at this development but I hope maybe it'll cover views on abortion in the 70's vs 50's. If she just goes ahead and has another baby I'll be rolling my eyes.

this pretty much
second season started weak, got better in the middle, and then jumped the shark at the end
too much browbeating and unrealistic nonsense, especially in the last 2 episodes
no one sings a solo song on the piano for 30 minutes and then admits to his unstable, coke-addicted neighbor that he fucked his girlfriend in front of that neighbor's entire social circle
a really big letdown desu senpai

Their story has a happy ending. Emphasis their. Poor Bill:

youtube.com/watch?v=J5mqA__bjHI

I'm also disappointed they went with this rather than her simply being tomboyish.

Even a show that tries so hard to be realistic still can't escape putting the female characters on a pedestal. It feels like they can't argue that women and girls deserve to be educated without portraying them as especially smart. As if to prove how tragic the oppression really is. Doesn't Sue deserve more than the housewife life not because she's a genius inventor, but simply because she's a human being?

Anyway, if Sue is a physics genius, Maureen being a genius too at least makes sense as a genetic thing.

Is Bill Burr Bill in the show?

yes, he's the main character

That must be why Bill's thing is witnessing traumatizing things. They are Bill Burr's memories. Not that seeing people fuck or jerk off is particularly horrible.

Frank is a repugnant, if complex, creature.

When Burr's father, who he's based on, slipped on ice and broke his shoulder, Bill and his brother hated him so much that they laughed at his misfortune and only regretted that they hadn't been there to see him fall and hurt himself.

did ole billy bob have a sister irl?

I thought it was just OK. Frank's/Bill Burr's angrily ranting at his family rarely felt funny to me, it more felt unrealistically abusive. It didn't feel realistic that his family would be as functioning as they were if they were screamed at everyday by their father.

And Kevin's two teenage friends were insufferable. They felt realistic, like the kind of loser friends a kid like Kevin would have in high school, but a comedy show should do more than realism. It should make his friends funny, or at least likable. And they were neither, I hated them every second they were on screen. Same with Bill's faggy friend. That kid had no fucking courage and never stood up for Bill once. How can you relate or enjoy the presence of a character like that?

I did enjoy Maureen's friends, the two retarded hillbilly kids. They were genuinely funny. The rest of the Murphy kid's social circles....eh. They were annoying and detracted from whatever scene was on screen at the time.

Ultimately a pretty forgettable show that had a few moments of kino in a giant pot of mediocrity. I'm watching other shit now and I doubt I'll think about it much until season 3 comes around.

>you didn't have terrorists hijacking planes or miracle products the CEO just loves.

How are these not grounded?

It was fucking great. If you haven't seen this show yet at least give it a try.

Eat a dick bro. Fuck off with your grounded in reality bullshit.

>mfw Vic is going to become the head of the airlines next season
>mfw Frank's going to have to kiss his ass
Vic did nothing wrong!

Kevin's friends and the two other guys working at the airline seem to be the exactly same characters

6/10 not enough suffering

The Season 3 B-plot is dogs and cats are going missing in the neighborhood alluding to the creepy neighbor's doing but turns out to be the disturbed Jimmy Neutron kid killing them

I like how realistic Bill's pussy ass was dealt with. I would've turned it off if it was like Steven Universe where he kept crying like a fucking bitch. Some kids really do need to be put in their place

That's where that fucking voice is from

Are those the same condoms Smokey poke holes in!? Is Vic's girl pregnant with Kevins kid!?

>when he blows like 30 loads and only 6 minutes pass by

>tfw kevin will never blow 30 loads inside you

>Frank was made into more of the dumb dad stereotype
>the wife and daughter were played up more as always in the right.

I just watched through all of season 2, and I don't remember any of this

>mfw Major died
If you don't have the time or effort to own a fucking animal, don't get them!

its just his inferiority complex user

my dog has eaten like 50 pounds of chocolate. Like my god even when he was a puppy he'd eat whole bags of valentines candy and christmas candy. Fucking even this easter he ate a couple of bags. I mean I try to avoid it obviously but he's so crafty. Oh well he's 12 now and the vet says he's perfectly healthy so it looks like the pup has more strikes left.

some dog breeds don't have the chocolate thing, i think they have salt or some other spice that kills them.

He did? Thought he just got sick

>miracle products the CEO just loves
Lettuce centrifuges aren't some magic invention