DC Comics Redpills & Deepest Lore General #1

Need your help Sup Forums.

I was trying to explain to a friend how stuff left the Speed Force is linked to the Bleed that appears when there's a Crisis. Friend says I'm full of shit. Help me prove him wrong.

Other urls found in this thread:

hypercrisis.wikia.com/wiki/The_Hypercrisis_Wiki
dropbox.com/s/bwrjjgksvfp11yp/The Beginner's WikiGuide to Hypercrisis.pdf?dl=0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This is what you need

gentry pls

Thank you, based user.

Here's the wiki link OP...

hypercrisis.wikia.com/wiki/The_Hypercrisis_Wiki

Checkout the Marvel Machine Theory, incase your friend is a Marvel fan.

my head

How new are the New Gods? Was there Sphere of Gods just with less realms before they came along?

idk

I guess the Sphere of Gods had one sphere or realm that split into New Genesis and Apokalips. Which is interesting cause that would imply it used to be seven instead of the current eight.

Be sure to also explain why it's called The Bleed, that's always a fun one.

If the old Kirby intent of them coming after Ragnorak is true then it occured during human civilization. This all happened in Vandal Savage's lifetime and Darkseid is younger than Savage. Let that sink in.

Darkseid Is.
But not necessarily Was.

There's a lot of bad and unimportant stuff on that list.

I was wondering, imagine you had to explain to someone who doesn't read comics what hypercrisis is about, what would you say?

convergent thought, I guess

All stories are alive. The DCU is a living breathing being and the ideas and concepts of its heroes bleed into our world and vice versa.

Exploring the cosmology, continuity and setting of the DC comics world.

>That old thread about eights being special in that at first there seems to be seven and then at the moment of greatest crisis there appears a secret eight.

Spooky.

>that thread about the similarities between the Justice League members and planets/gods

This will sound silly but I will always love the contrast between Marvel and DC, not black and white good and evil but red and blue, constantly influencing each other in an endless friendly rivalry

Convergence would have been the absolute worst thing for someone new to comics to read.
So much random history to understand

its audience wasn't new readers though

what's this look like after Rebirth?

the same except earth 0 and earth 1 merged i believe

Earth-1 as in the graphic novels Earth One?
or did they change Earth-1 into pre-52 Earth
so now there are only 51 Earths?

>pre-52 Earth
i mean pre Flashpoint

no, not graphic novel earth one

Earth-0 became Earth 0 which became Prime Earth
There are 51 other Earths.

I'm going to read Multiversity while tripping shrooms.

What's with the Earths with birds? Hawkworld?

need to add another 52 universe, is confirmed at the end of Multiversity and now in Dark days..."what is the dark MULTIVERSE?"

So, we probably have infinite multiverses of 52 earths.

Or Dark 52.

dark multiverse?
how does that even work?
for Earth-3 are they just gonna have an eviler Earth-3?

or a good earth-3

7 Earths are known. The rest of the 45 is unknown or destroyed.

There are a number of ways, as how you interpret Hypercrisis is as interesting as the Hypercrisis itself.

so earth-0...

Can someone post the screen cap about how marvel is a mechanical universe

>Help me prove him wrong

Summarize this to him:

dropbox.com/s/bwrjjgksvfp11yp/The Beginner's WikiGuide to Hypercrisis.pdf?dl=0

We should make Hypercrisis a religion, like Scientology. Who doesn't want to be tax-exempt?

nop.
in regular 52 earth-0 is good and earth-3 is evil
in dark 52 multiverse earth-0 will be evil but not necessarily a "dark mirror" and their earth-3 could be their earht-0 opposite

I think it's just a name and not an evil multiverse.

>28 pages of Hypercrisis

Jesus fucking Christ

The version I have says last update 2015. What was added in the updates?

Rebirth stuff.

Reminder that Swamp Thing showed that canonically within the DC universe stories are considered living things and have their own parliament like the Green and the Red.

I see. Thanks.

I was waiting since yesterday for an Hypercrisis thread
So, Hyperbroskis, remember that time when Greg Plitt, the body actor/ model for Doctor Manhattan died trying to make a "Superman" stunt (he tried to outrun a train)
Kinda weird looking at it now, isn't?

I like Swamp Thing mythos and Lantern mythos being aspects of life with a body and mind thing.
But I like trinity aspects of life. Mind Body and Soul. If Swamp Thing mythos is Body and Lantern mythos is Mind, is there any DC mythos that is the manifestation of Life's Soul?

explain it to me cause i have no idea what you're talking about. i know about the speed force. what's this about bleeding and hypercrisis'?

this is mainly just bad new 52 events

The bleed is the substance that fills the space in between different universes of the multiverse.
hypercrisis is a name for a discussion topic on Sup Forums.

I tend to think of the New Gods and the Mythological Gods similar to Neil Gaiman's American Gods. Zeus and them were the gods of humans in ancient times. The New Gods are the modern ones similar to the American Gods characters like the tv and MiB.

>it occured during human civilization.

No. Urgrund, the world of the Old Gods, was destroyed billions of years ago.

The chronology of the New Gods is confusing: have the 'current' versions always been the New Gods since Apokalips and New Genesis came into being, or are they just the most recent generation (even if they may live thousands of years as individuals)?

Yep.

They're CALLED 'New Gods' because they came after the Old Gods. But that doesn't mean they can't predate the gods of Earth (who were empowered by the Godwave, the shockwave of Urgrund's destruction, passing by).

>are they just the most recent generation
I believe Kirby himself wrote about Darkseid's parents who ruled before Darkseid. Forget which specific Kirby story. I think Darkseid's uncle was in it too. So I believe it is a generations thing, with Scott and Orion being the generation after Darkseid.
Also if you are reading the current Green Lanterns run the Old Gods world is showing up in a 10 billion years ago flashback arc which also includes the Guardians race and White Martians. This would put Martians and the Guardians as older than New Genesis and Apokalips. But that's a current on going story so who knows what will come of that.

>the current Green Lanterns run the Old Gods world is showing up in a 10 billion years ago flashback

Whoa. Issue number?

So what do you think Batman would do if he went beyond the Source Wall/Saw the anti-life equation? What if he discovered he was just a fictional character that millions of people obsess over in an other reality? I'd like to think that he'd just keep fighting crime in Gotham because he now knows hes actually responsible for inspiring millions of people rather than just protecting them by beating up bad guys. But then again he might decide since our reality is the actual, real reality that only protecting people in OUR reality matters. Then he would try to get to our world and basically establish a worldwide bat-security network of surveillance drones and bat-mechs that patrol the streets and back alleys.

...Isn't our reality part of the Multiverse?

The most recent 2 issues.
Read a bit further back though, Green Lanterns has been pretty cool with this stuff. Even included what I think might be the Cosmic Grail the Atomic Knights are after, showed the destroyed universe, had Volthoom travel the multiverse and explained the difference between The First Lantern Volthoom and the Earth 3 Volthoom ring.

Does anybody have the thread with the chick that claimed to be a part of the Hypercrisis? It was maybe 3-4 years ago.,

Was her name Yabbat?

What? I think it was established that she was Harley. I remember several threads about it long after that.

Found it...

I was kidding. Yabbat Ummon Tarru is the birthname of Black Swan.

"We are the Third World!"

Well, no. The world of mortals is the Third World.

But I suppose they want to suggest that there actually was another era between the Second World of the Old Gods and the Fourth World of Kirby's New Gods.

I guess this is one of those seven rings made from the 'Travel Ring'.

I thought humans were the coming 5th world.

>Well, no. The world of mortals is the Third World.

IIRC, Third World was originally meant to be the ancient Earth ruled by the old Gods (rather than a separate world like this), but it had already been retconned into a separate New Genesis style world years ago.

No, Earth will BECOME the fifth world.

Well, if you have a source for that...

Urgrund.

But you just said it was the Third World. I'm confused.

No, Earth exists IN the 'Third World'. The Third World is the entire mortal universe. Read the pages I am posting, they make it pretty clear.

Voilá. The Third World.

Let's see if I follow so far.
First World was primordial chaos
Then the Second World formed called Urgund.
Then it was destroyed in war and released the Godwave.
Earth and humans already existed by this point and was hit by the Godwave creating Zeus and ancient Earth gods and myths. I guess this happened on several planets.

Am I right so far?

"Thy Kingdom Come". Geoff might just messed up though, but the "Third World" there is referenced as a world of the old gods that was destroyed by war between them, like what the "Second World" usually is, and it was portrayed as a separate dimension, with Gog going through various universes before arriving on New Earth.

Well, the First World was the Source, but yes, primordial chaos pretty much.

The Second world, Urgrund, was for all intents and purposes Super-Asgard.

Yep.

Hmmm. I need to re-read that.

>Geoff might just messed up

Let's face it... highly probable. I thought Gog was an Old God from the Second World though.

I can't check it right now though, so I might be misremembering it.

I haven't read that, but I have read the Green Lanterns currently going, which under Johns editor, seems to be rolling with the Third World blew up and made Fourth World version of things.

What do I need to read to find out more about Swampies Parliaments?

The Seven original JL members? Although then GL repeats. Superman, but I dunno if that has a 7 connection.