/swco/ - Star Wars Comics & Cartoons

George Shot First Edition

>Upcoming Releases:
swbooks.net/updates/release-2017.htm

>Out this Week:
Darth Vader #1 - The Chosen One - Part I (June 7)
Rogue One #3 - (June 7)

>Star Wars: The Last Jedi trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=zB4I68XVPzQ

>Star Wars: Rebels - The Final Season
youtube.com/watch?v=-b7GAhnVwhA

>Battlefront 2 trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=Kae-JjbLsgA

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ottegan
comicbook.com/starwars/2016/07/19/star-wars-rebels-showrunner-dave-filoni-defends-and-explains-mid/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for Thrawn

TELL ME ABOUT SHEEV

WHY DOES HE KEEP THE STATUES?

Storytime for Vader
Storytime for Rogue One Adaptation 3

What, the sages?

not really digging these aliens honestly

oh hai there

IF I DESTROYED THEM, WOULD HE ADMIT HE'S A SITH LORD?

>Palpatine grew up being bullied for being a nerdy kid with rich parents. Because of his shyness he never realized he was force sensitive because he was always too busy studying business or politics.
>Palpatine's dad owned some huge company on Naboo. Through working with the Nemoidians Palpatine meets Plagueis (who looks like the concept art George chose for him in Revenge of the Sith)
>Plagueis senses Palpatine's force sensitivity and tells him not to use the force against his bullies or else his dad would proudly send him to the Jedi where his life would likely be wasted away in their farming corps since he hasn't been trained since birth
>Instead he teaches Palpatine the art of manipulation and ruins the lives of his bullies when they either face horrible speeder accidents or their parents are found guilty of embezzling money and they end up homeless.
>Because of this he gives Palpatine the title of Darth Sidious and begins his Sith training.
>Palpatine slowly manipulates his father's company until he's able to create a horrible human rights issue, nearly bankrupt the company (while pocketing tons of money for himself) forcing his father to sell it to another owner who happens to lobby a politician, become a politician, and win a campaign rallying his supporters against the horrible human rights issues that his opponents lobbyists take part in meanwhile gaining more support because he funds his own campaign (using the pocketed money from earlier).
>While on business off world Palpatine meets Mas Amedda. The two are around their mid twenties and initially hate each other until they end up getting drunk at a party and talking about their similar authoritarian politics. Palpatine accidentally reveals he's Sith, realizes Amedda could be a great asset to him and it would be extremely hard to kill him in this situation without getting caught so he instead reveals that he has horrible dirt on him, which Amedda expected, and they're friends
Fuck man I want this so bad.

i almost didnt see you

They're pretty shitty desu even the other peeps, can't figure out why though. Low brain power attempt at 'rich but so out of touch'?

Ahh my favorite Star Wars alien. Deformed nipple face thing.

im fine with new ayys its just that i would rather see the ones we already have in ST in some meaningful way

Borsk?

mfw I just noticed the green screen

Uhh am I the only one seeing this?

thats a hand but i get you

eh

L I P S

Was that from the Plagueis book?

No it's just how I would want a nucanon Palpatine origin story to go.

>JJ/Bad Robot adds shitty Hammerhead/Ithorian to his movie
>Fucks it up so bad Pablo had to invent a new species name

Bravo JJ

>what kind of outfit do you want this alien to wear JJ?
>JJ: "Hey follow me into this alley."
>ok now what?
>JJ points to a bunch of trashbags

My ancestor :)

Man, you guys really like finding reasons to shit on JJ, huh?

SO YOU BE SAYIN'
*smacks lips*
WE WUZ ITHORIANS AN SHIEET???

we're not "finding" reasons, the reasons present themselves

I hate him famalam

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ottegan

>Ottegans were a genetic offshoot of the sentient Ithorian species, with whom they shared the Ottega system. Their physiology was similar to that of the Ithorians,[2] with a hammer-shaped head and an elongated face with wide-set eyes, except that Ottegans had only one mouth set low on their necks while the Ithorians had two, one on either side.

>As a result, Ithorians referred to their cousins as hrumgatha—"lone mouths"—and joked that Ottegans' physiology meant that they need to talk twice as much to be heard.

>Geneticist argued for millennia about the exact relationship between the two species.

He makes it so easy, user!

>>As a result, Ithorians referred to their cousins as hrumgatha—"lone mouths"—and joked that Ottegans' physiology meant that they need to talk twice as much to be heard.
Ithorians are redpilled confirmed.

LIL DICK LONE MOUTHS AINT GOT NOTHING ON US ITHORIANS

YOUR TRASHY LONE MOUTH WIMMEN GOT ONLY 1 GOOD USE, AND IT AINT TALKIN

THEY CANT RESIST MY BIC - BIG ITHORIAN COCK

WHATS THAT LONE MOUTH? SPEAK UP, I CANT HEAR YOU

>YOUR TRASHY LONE MOUTH WIMMEN GOT ONLY 1 GOOD USE, AND IT AINT TALKIN

>designs a new alien similar to an old alien
LOOK HOW RETARDED JJ IS!

It's not similar, it's literally a Ithorian with a mouth.

It's so unoriginal that I am convinced he just wanted the "funny lookin ANH alien", and didn't notice that the fucking things don't have mouths.

I think the aliens designs are alright its just the stuff they're wearing looks too normal. Like you'd see weirder stuff at a formal event here and now in the real world than what theyre wearing in those pics

they could have just said a human fucked an ithorian and it would have made more sense

Ehh, I kinda like the canon explanation. It's a neat way of justifying it

Yeah I like it too, although just having an actual Ithorian without a fucked up mouth in the movie would have prevented this ever needing to be a thing worth explaining.

>why does nucanon hate the prequels?

>DAE JJ doesn't know anything about Star Wars?

Will the normies every stop parroting this?

It was almost believable in 2015 when all we had was TFA and the OT-Purist Battlefront.

But two years later, and a steady flow of prequel content, even in the latest movies and AAA game, you'd think this myth would be dead by now

The sad thing is that it's not normies. It's Lucas/JJ haters and EU fags. It's the people who should know better.

>It's Lucas/JJ haters and EU fags.
>It's the people who should know better.
From what I've seen, a lot of those people tapped out in 2014, so they haven't really been following things enough to see all the PT content.

They stick around to shitpost and complain about "muh didnee ruining star war", but they have barely watched or read or followed any of the new content for themselves.

Okay admit it: Which of you were autistic enough to believe it?

ARTOO DINDU

Is the lack of color here bothering anyone else? I understand some of overall design choices that they're making with the evening wear and the beige environment keying into Canto Bight being a place for "rich assholes", but the fact that the humans in these shots have a greater diversity of skin color than the aliens just feels inexcusable.

Not me, I knew the wolf was Snoke all along!

While I like some of the alien designs as far as the facial features and such, I'm kind of annoyed that we're still going with the "every alien is some kind of orange/brown amphibian/lizard thing" trend that plagued TFA's alien designs.

There's a bit less of the "lumpy toad" look but everyone's still orange or brown.

Honestly me.

I was working around the idea that Vader truly believes he killed her so.. What if he really did?

Only a celestial being (hint: the owl) reincarnated Ahsoka, believing her death to be unjust. She would take the form of a wolf and watch over Ezra/Lothal so that they wouldn't meet the same fate that she did.

But that is clearly not the case. Ahsoka's fate is even less clear now.

I mean, humans are all pretty much just different shades of brown; it's not unreasonable for that to be true for a group of random aliens. There's only like 6 or so non-near humans, and one of them (the weird looking chick in the back of ) looks kinda bluish.

Most have you have probably heard of this supposed leak but Force wielding Sloth that is Anakin in disguise needs to be talked about.
Its so stupid I hope it's true.

what if she's a force ghost and possesses the wolf for a bit?
Setting up those rumours about ep 8 with anakin appearing as an animal or something and snoke's body jumping

PART 2

We already talked about it. We laughed and moved on.

THERE HE IS FOLKS! IN THE FLESH!
Or in the blubber... or whatever.

>what if she's a force ghost
Filoni already debunked this, confirming Ahsoka can not become a ghost

>leaks show up after images and trailer come out
100% beliebable m80

THIS

>Trailer shows Rey facing a pond
>"oh I just so happen to know that is exactly where Rey fights a sea monster"
>Rian Johnson mentions the island has natives
>"oh yeah, btw some penguin people live on the island, hope you enjoy all this inside info!"
>why didn't you tell us any of this before Rian/the trailer showed up?
>"... ummmmmmmmmmm"

Literally because they needed some information so that they could try and make their leaks sound more valid

I'm not saying its believable I'm just saying it sounds like something that Lucas himself would have thought of. The 5% that this stupid plot is real gives me hope that we're gonna get a good film.

Why does Poe ditch Finn in the crashed tie in the middle of the desert and then leave Jakku without looking for bb8?

Because Poe was going to be killed off in the crash but they saw he would be popular so they magically brought him back in the script with no explanation.

>it sounds like something that Lucas himself would have thought of
Eh, not really.

Actually, it really does.

The whole "kill this sea monster im summoning" thing is straight out of Dark Disciple, based on TCW episodes that Lucas was not only behind, but his own daughter was writing.

The fact that I noticed how similar this training method was to Ventress's is the only thing thats keeping it credible in my mind.

The man who gave us mediclorians.
I cold easily see him doing something stupid like this

The part about her having to kill a monster as a trial sounds like it could be Lucas. The part about a sloth turning into Anakin is too goofy even for him.

>The man who gave us mediclorians.

It was taming it, actually. Vos was the one who had to kill it.

Also, nice double-dubs.

I don't think they hate them enough

Are you defending midichlorians?

Take your (you) and go.

What's wrong with them?

That book was amazing. Made me cry like a bitch. More Vos nucanon content when? I hope he gets a mini series like Mace.

They're stupid. The idea that you can measure how much force you have in you defeats the purpose of a spiritual feeling. It would be like measuring how much Christianity is in your blood and only those with a lot can be priests. The force was suppose to be a religion like thing with faith and such.
It being some sort of biological body system makes the force less mystical and more like aids.

Igwym. Like how useless powerlevels in dbz were. But it's more of a concept with multiple interpretations. Jedi, Sith, Nightsisters, Lasat. Literally stems from life force. Thats where Lucas got it from.

>only those with a lot can become Priests

That's actually a really funny alternate history I'd like to see.

So would the Pope be jacked with midichlorians?
Do they still elect him when the old one dies or is it like a duel or something?

>like a duel or something?
A pope fight is all I want to see now.

This is some pretty stale bait, dude

>The idea that you can measure how much force you have in you defeats the purpose of a spiritual feeling.
it's not "measuring how much force you have in you" it's a way of measuring potential, not ability

> It would be like measuring how much Christianity is in your blood and only those with a lot can be priests.
Not at all.

>The force was suppose to be a religion like thing with faith and such.
No, it was something that religions revolved around

>It being some sort of biological body system makes the force less mystical and more like aids.
It doesn't.

>someone posts 1999-era "midichlorians are bad because it makes the Force less mystical" bait
>people keep taking it

welcome to Sup Forums, the only place in the universe that likes the midi-chlorians

comicbook.com/starwars/2016/07/19/star-wars-rebels-showrunner-dave-filoni-defends-and-explains-mid/

>“To me, when you talk about the Force, the Force is in everything that’s alive; that’s what Obi-Wan says originally. That’s true, even in the days of midi-chlorians, which everybody is afraid to talk about, but I’m not," Filoni told Comicbook.com at a press roundtable. "What that tells you is – when I was a kid, I believed that everybody probably had the Force, and they just didn’t believe – midi-chlorians actually prove that theory out. We all have them, just to differing degrees.

>“For a long time I’ve used someone like Bruce Lee as an example. He has, if you like, a lot of talent for martial arts – or a very high midi-chlorian count. If I train in martial arts, can I learn martial arts? Yes, I can improve my midi-chlorian count in that discipline. Will I be as good as Bruce Lee? No, that’s not my talent. We were always able to find real-world equivalencies to Star Wars to make comparisons that make it feel like it’s a real thing. When I talk about Force sensing, I talk about when you are standing somewhere and you don’t know but you feel someone standing behind you. It’s all extensions of those things on a much broader level. The Jedi and Sith have one way of interpreting that."

>Essentially, Filoni says, midi-chlorians are a physical manifestation of a meta-physical concept. He went on to explain that natural talent, combined with training and discipline, create the best Force users, just like it does the best athletes, or musicians, or anything else that requires talent.

>lucasfilm shirt
>rebels recon mug
disgusting product placement

i thought pablo was free from the chains of capitalist greed

what else could i be wrong about.........

>>lucasfilm shirt
That's an ASFI shirt you pleb

Not just any ASFI shirt, a limited one!

Pffthahaha. I remember that rebels recon. Stealing that reaction pic. I loved the running gag of him reading SW childrens books whenever they came to question him.

Whatever man. Keep defending midichlorians but I guarantee that they will never be mentioned again.
They are boring.

>Stealing that reaction pic.
How new are you? We've been using it for months.

That namefag popped up like a week ago and hasn't gone away. I think he literally just discovered /swco/.

I came to /swco/ as an user pretty infrequently until fairly recently. It's pretty chill here most of the time compared to other boards. Started namefagging way before that on the NSFW boards ;) (which coincidentally are also pretty chill)

>Whatever man. Keep defending midichlorians
I'm not defending them, I'm explaining them to your dumb ass

> but I guarantee that they will never be mentioned again.
I guarantee you that they will.

>They are boring.
Nope.

No one cares. Go back to being anonymous.

Let's be honest (>honest on Sup Forums), who is off the Star Wars train after Ep7 happened? I am.

I'm not off the Star Wars train but I've given up hope of the ST being any good. The rest of Star Wars is just fine, though.

Before all that I just lurked
It helps avoid SOME confusion. Relax dude.

I am fine with namefags, and even namefag on occasion myself.

TRIPfags, however, are mentally ill.