Tonight at the Academy, @GeoffJohns of @DCComics and @KevFeige of @MarvelStudios honor their mentor...

>Tonight at the Academy, @GeoffJohns of @DCComics and @KevFeige of @MarvelStudios honor their mentor, filmmaker Richard Donner.

twitter.com/TheAcademy/status/872676705206325248

Which one is /ourguy/?

Johns, how is this even a question

Feige hasn't ruined entire franchises
so him

Johns is actually comics and cartoons related.

Johns

any other answer is trolling

So is Feige.

Johns is selfish.
He's also self-serving.
He's limited in his imagination and his go-to response is to create pale imitations of concepts and ideas he thinks are why something matters to him (and to those he self-identifies with, which I guess means /us/ to some of you) - but for every few balls he manages to hit to get on base, he strikes out, often doing more long term damage to a character, story arc, title, etc.

To continue with that analogy, he's had few home runs and he really hasn't even come close to hitting anything out of the park. Not that this is an everyday thing, but Johns is often just praised for being adequate, for not lazy enough to incompetently just phone in a script, but sadly, this barely manage adequacy is it's own lack of competency to steward some of the responsibilities he's fallen upward to acquire.

>not lazy enough
not being lazy enough

>barely manage
barely manageD

This. Also, he's far more concerned with film than comics and he has shown the fact that he'd much rather work in that medium than comics but he'll hire his shitty friends to crap in up at DC.

Someone is upset.

At the man trying to kill DC? A bit, I've become apathetic towards it all.

How is he killing DC? There's a bunch I don't like but I don't see him drastically harming it the way Marvel has been harmed in the last 10 years. Closest was maybe Flash Rebirth/New 52 JL.

>At the man trying to kill DC?

You mean the man who dragged DC comics out of the gutter

Well, quality wise DC has been much better than Marvel for almost 30 years so the comparison is irrelevant.

Nah, he made the Rebirth(80% of DC's line) all hype no substance and he hired his hacky friends to stink it all up.

"all hype no substance" is usually cliche empty criticism by people who can't critique.

>Nah, he made the Rebirth(80% of DC's line) all hype no substance

Oh yeah I forgot Johns is writing all the Rebirth books, oh and editing them. And that's on top of his job as president of DC entertainment. The guy must never sleep

No.

His fans certainly think he's plotting all the books and secretly editing them. And most of the "talent" there are his guys.

>The guy must never sleep
Yeah because he's writing so many comics. And directing so many movies... while also writing their scripts.

>No.

Sounds upsetting to know the truth.

>His fans certainly think he's plotting all the books and secretly editing them.
We literally have interviews of writer going on how Johns works with them behind the scenes.

It's almost as if they're not enemies, they're not actually competing because most of the time their films aren't debuting at the same time, and they're both just dedicated to their jobs.

Why can't I like both?

You can't reason with this guy. You should have realized that when he acted like Rebirth was a bad thing compared to what was happening before it.

Based Feige

>KevFeige
>mentor, filmmaker Richard Donner.
I call bullshit on this.

>even Feige's career is a success of Donner's Superman
That explains all this mousefag butthurt.

>The guy must never sleep

He sure does get hired and fired from scripting jobs a lot. Plus that Batman movie he was working on seems to have stalled long before Affleck's drinking was a problem.

They worked on X-Men movies together.

Feige is dedicated to giving us stories that honor the source material while also being satisfying to the majority of the fans.

Geoff is alright but ultimately his loyalties lie with "how it was in muh comics when I was a kid." His blatant silver age wankery can be annoying and he tends to favor characters/personalities he created.

Basically, Feige puts what he thinks the fans want as the priority, Johns puts what HE wants as priority.

Sometimes that's good, but I respect Feige more.

This made me think Richard Donner died

>what he thinks the fans want
Quips? Stale formulas?

Me, that once again Marvel owes its existence to DC.

And Feige isn't? He actively makes the same damn movie over and over again and makes sure that any emotional moment is undercut by a joke because you can't get too dark for the kids!

It's pasta, user.

I like them both, but Geoff is and always has been /ourguy/. His JSA run gives him a free pass for life as far as I'm concerned.

Donner is also based, by all accounts. I'll never forget how he tricked Gene Hackman into shaving his mustache.

>implying that ever happens on Sup Forums

>implying Feige and Johns don't get along on their love of comics

Console fags pls leave Sup Forums and never return.

This. I thought this was a mourning thread.

Sup Forums has easily the dumbest consolefags. This isn't a case where any of us can only afford one flavor of comics or movies, you're actively playing into their hands.

>Me, that once again Marvel owes its existence to DC.

And DC to Marvel. Both have been nearly bankrupt and on the point of sale/closure as so many of their one-time competitors were - but being the two largest remaining publishers in the market, each time one of them has suffered low sales, the other has kept the comic shops open long enough for them to recover. Whether we're talking the Marvel bankruptcy around the turn of this century or the DC Implosion twenty years before, each has benefited from the mere existence of the other.

ahah remember Ego quipping about tumors ah ah