Worst Hanna-Barbera Cartoons

It is just astounding, the sheer volume of terrible ideas Hanna-Barbera came up with that somehow made it onto television. What are some of the worst in Sup Forums's opinion?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CH8yd2xLL8s
therobotsvoice.com/2011/12/the_10_worst_things_hanna-barbera_ever_made.php
youtube.com/watch?v=KPg490IDSBs
youtube.com/watch?v=pl2OzTjSpeA
youtube.com/watch?v=L0kg_tzQvf4
youtube.com/watch?v=IOljPoMWy2o
youtube.com/watch?v=02TrMrbxPxs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The happy days one where the fonz gets a time machine

oh yeah the kind of insanity that brought us the Gilligan's Island in Space animated spin-off ..or was that Filmation? You know fuck it. ITT also accepts entries for worst Filmation cartoons

or the Harlem Globetrotters in Space

Super Globetrotters?

thing ring do your thing

Yeah sorry, had it confused with the ones from Futurama

Do you think that back in the 80s people were nostalgic about this shit and were complaining how those new cartoons like TMNT and Transformers sucked balls? Do you think that in 2030 people will shit be nostalgic about Steven Universe?

this is from Filmation.

2030? hell people are shitting on it now

Scrappy Doo
(insert existing cartoon) but IN OUTER SPACE!
(insert existing cartoon) but WITH FRIENDS!

No, I mean I was a kid in the 80s and even people who are only ten years older than me would have been the ones who watched these and we never see them keeping stuff like Jabberjaw in the public zeitgeist for hollywood to keep doing remakes of it, outside of those dude weed lmao William's Street shows for stoners like Sealab or Harvey Birdman I mean

Mom Partridge looks hot, though...

The endless parade of shows ripping off their own Scooby-Doo series like The Buford Files, The Funky Phantom, Clue Club and so on and et cetera. Look they released a DVD of Clu Club? Who do they expect is going to buy this???

"Man, these old Ghostbusters with the monkey were SO much better than any other incarnation!" youtube.com/watch?v=CH8yd2xLL8s

Man, at least the Happy Days one had some explanation for its weird setting shift, Partridge Family 2200 A.D. just puts the family in the future with literally no explanation.

A mostly successful effort to animate '70s era Shirley Jones. The other good job was capturing Danny Bonaduce, but that's no real feat since he was a living cartoon at that point in his life anyway.

I do wish they had tried more to capture Susan Dey's almond-eyed Laurie. Her look was pretty unique for the time.

It's fun, and kind of weird, watching late-night Qubo and seeing "Filmation's Ghost Busters." It's very weird to later see the live-action series the cartoon was based on.

The original Sealab 2020 series was pretty boring, but we got 2021 thanks to it.

Every single female and the shota look extremely fuckable.

>Partridge Family meets Judge Dredd: never
I just made myself sad.

Do you want the moustache on or off?

Out of ideas? Just send them to space!

Recycled from another HB cartoon, The Impossibles.

It was the '70s. Not much variety in cartoons. At least in the States.

Remember this abortion? Remember when Cartoon Network used to spam this incessantly on Friday nights?

I actually liked that show...

I can't really fault them for trying to do a serious Star Trek-esque drama, especially during the early 70s when the Scooby formular was king. The execution was pretty lacking, though.

oi Harvey Birdman attorney at law was greeat

U.S. Cartoons on TV in the '70s were mostly limited to either HB or Filmation. Then again I was born in the early '80s.

Except space adventure is awesome when done right. See: Star Trek; Star Wars.

Adding more dogs is the pinnacle of creativity.

I remember watching Casper and the space angels. That's was a bit odd in hindsight.

Except when it's used because the writers ran out of ideas for the show for next the season

How does that make a difference? If that is the case, the problem is that the writers are creatively bankrupt, not space.

therobotsvoice.com/2011/12/the_10_worst_things_hanna-barbera_ever_made.php

Old listicle I remember reading about HB. Huckleberry Hound is pretty up there in terribleness for obvious reasons.

How bad does your band have to be to not have just one dedicated tambourine player, but TWO?

Not at all, tambourine is an indicator of a bloated band, not a shit one.

THING RING
DO YOUR THING

I liked the 2021 episode where they acted out an actual(?) 2020 episode cut to shit for time.

Huckleberry Hound was based

>DVD of Clu Club?

In its defense Clue Club DID have an awesome theme song.

youtube.com/watch?v=KPg490IDSBs

>Gary Coleman IS an angel now....

The thing was great tho

Worth mentioning that DVD set is part of a print on demand program, so the cost to profit margin on WB's end is pretty good for them

So was Sealab 2021 for the first season, just like Harvey Birdman was at first

Frankly, had Hanna-Barbera ever got a GOOD idea?

>Do you think that back in the 80s people were nostalgic about this shit
No. It was always considered crap

Yeah sure, Johnny Quest is pretty cool, comic relief pet dog aside.

Ha ha. No.

Don't forget Goober and the Ghost Chasers, starring the Partridge kids!

youtube.com/watch?v=pl2OzTjSpeA

Didn't at any point some executive say "eh maybe like 7 shows about mystery solving teens and their dog is enough."

Define "good". Complex and intellectually challenging? — probably not. Comfy, entertaining and financially successful — sure, lot's of them.

What? C'mon it's got adventure, super science, cool jazz and a walking eye. Walking eye!
youtube.com/watch?v=L0kg_tzQvf4

Grown up Pebbles was fucking hot.

I always hated HB marathon's on CN. Obviously, they had some success, but I hated everything by HB. Except Smurfs, but it was an adaptation

Just fucking NO

@93070652
good argument, you sure swayed me with your thoughtful and reasoned dissection on why Johnny Quest isn't good. Your (You)'s are in the mail.

>"eh maybe like 7 shows about mystery solving teens and their dog is enough."
They did, then they thought "Let's not just milk the properties we currently have!" resulting in existing. As well as Laff-A-Lympics.

>Huckleberry Hound is pretty up there in terribleness for obvious reasons.

What reasons?

More like fucking YES

Its comedy shows were usually pretty ass. But I liked its action shows. Like Johnny Quest, Space Ghost, Birdman, Herculoids, etc.

Space Ghost - Batman
Birdman - Hawkman
Thankfully, I've never heard of herculoids, I might have had a cancer

>doesn't know Gleep & Gloop

No wonder you're so unhappy

I remember this one. What a fucking garbage.
Please stop. It took me a while to forget this nightmare fuel

please nightmare fuel is Clutch Cargo

youtube.com/watch?v=IOljPoMWy2o

Alex Toth would eviscerate you if he heard you.

Okay, I take the hint, I'll leave this thread.

Thankfully, he's too stiff for that

> @93070652
You're bating right?

It almost seems like because of these shows Space Dandy exists
youtube.com/watch?v=02TrMrbxPxs

>dickbutt

all of the scooby do ripoffs
yes including that one episode of tom and jerry tales

yes
it was called the cartoon cartoons