Remember when the Illuminati killed Superman's friends and his world and got away with it?

Remember when the Illuminati killed Superman's friends and his world and got away with it?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_Hunter
youtube.com/watch?v=Hn5d-YUyw0E
desuarchive.org/_/search/filename/2ec.png/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Explain

You mean when Namor killed Superman and his friends and then in turn was killed by another Superman and his friends.

I liked how Sun God pretty much one shotted half the team and Strange had to summon tentacles to even the odds. Has Gaiman commented on Strange talking shit and killing his character?

Haven't read this in a long time. The colors are shipped right? He was orange or something I think.

I miss Sun God and his team. The Norn was so cool.

The Illuminati killed a Justice League stand-in during New Avengers.
Yeah.

I remember the furious and unexpected shit-talking Strange gave to Doctor Fate. Do fans of those guys even have a rivalry?

loved these niggas.

Dr. Spectrum is alive on 616 still right?

Sauce?

I didn't think about it till now... but the Batman analogue looks kind of a bit like Doom.

I don't really know the context here, but I fucking hate how snarky, nihilistic and bitter Marvel characters have got in the last ten years or so. I blame Bendis, they all sound like extras from Powers or something.

Honestly the nihilistic part is kind of more Hickman's thing.

He wasn't Doctor Fate. He was that DC guy everyone mistakes for Harry Potter.

well we ever see Illuminati in MCU?

>It's been years since the last good marvel event

Remember when Dr. Strange sold his last piece of soul to go full Lovecraft to save the day?

we need to bring the fantastic four back home

It's the red light being cast by the near-incursion. It was always like this as an incursion approached, with the sites of impending impact on both earths bathed in red light.

>Marvel shitting on DC
Why even bother? I like both but this just makes Marvel seem petty as fuck

I fucking hope not.

Tim Hunter.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_Hunter

Remember when the marvel universe was raped to oblivion by the Gentry?

Wasn't that all for nothing in the end?

I-is that Demona from Gargoyles on his shoulder?

Isn't he magic-less and fighting people with an axe now?

Last time I checked magic was dying or something and he was weaker.

>Why even bother? I like both but this just makes Marvel seem petty as fuck
DC did similar things. Neither side has a problem with it.

Oh, so that's why he was a kid. Still, though, he wore something similar to the helmet of Nabu and had an ankh motif.

He was weaker since magic has a cost and Strange indebted himself at the point that Wong made a cult for the of people whose only purpose was to pay the price instead of Strange

Also Strange cheated too and created a monster out of the pain he was supposed to suffer for his magic

No basically it is Tim Hunter as Doctor Fate. Hickman just combined the two.

I have no idea if that's what he plans to do if he goes over to DC, though.

Sounds hacky enough for him to do.

Thanks user. Is the current Doctor Strange run any good?

Yeah, I think you're right.

What the fuck

I stopped after the first two arcs iirc
It wasnt bad, actually i dont remember why i stopped, i'm probably going to pick it up again

This is sort of a litmus test for STD-induced brain damage.

If people seem to think that the Illuminati are somehow culpable in this issue, I know that their brains have been destroyed by syphilis.

Sad case.

She is. But she will never be used again. Her team disbanded and she's in Limbo.

Nope. Scale is too small.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_Hunter

Thank you! That was driving me nuts.

Yup. Magic was almost destroyed by an otherdimensional army of science assholes called 'The Empirikul' (hur hur hur) so now magic in the Marvel universe is crippled, but slowly healing.

It just ended. I thought it was interesting, but it wasn't the greatest ever. Nice art.

Oh, that's not even all.

>Ersatz Thor gets beaten up by ANOTHER Ersatz Thor
>Doctor Doom gets shot by Hawkeye
>The whole Incursion/End of the universe deal is referenced fairly openly at the end (The Gentry are basically embodiments of cynicism, nihilism and hopelessness)

The point of the arc was to show the Illuminati doing bad things by killing actual heroes, not to "shit on DC".

That wouldn't happen because the Helmet is destined to become evil in Tim's stories.

How can we say it was 'a bad thing'?

The ONLY way to stop an Incursion is to destroy one of the Earths.

"Okay, Superman. Shall we destroy this one Earth now, or shall we wait a little while until it is destroyed anyway, along with OUR Earth and BOTH of our entire fucking universes?"

Wasnt that the Ultimate universe?

Or just "atentintion whoring" writting to sell more comics.
Can't you hear the voices user? "add characters from the rival company... make thenm suffer... make them die... now an ass shot... I'm shameless... cannibalism maybe?"

Dumbass. That's the point. Superman doesn't compromise because

"There's always a way."

And there was. Doom/Reed/Franklin saved us all.

But at that time, they wouldn't allow themselves to be hopeful. Hickman knows how to write Superman better than current DC writers.

Yes... but the 'regular' "Marvel Universe" was also affected. I don't know about destroyed.

Horseshit. None of them knew what Doom was doing and Doom himself barely knew what he was doing. His 'saving throw' ended up destroying 99.999% of all remaining universes and in the end it didn't even stop the Incursions. And when he had all that power, he used it to make a micro-world to torment everybody he had ever hated.

Franklin and Reed failed to save the Multiverse, too; only after all had been lost, they made copies of everything that had been destroyed.

The JLA failed. Their approach was useless. And if Namor hadn't acted, the Marvel universe would have been destroyed and Doom's shitty little toy world would have been the only reality for ever.

that`s why marvel prominent heroes don`t feel right for me although I recognized that is what some people like, maybe the majority of comic readers?

Exactly. The only way to win was to let it all end and start again, remaking everything.

Imagine giving Rabum Alal's power to Superman, instead of fucking Doctor Doom. The multiverse would be a paradise.

That would be a great event: "What if character X remade the universe?" Oh wait, that's Rebirth premise.

That has nothing to do with the JLA's approach being useless in those issues. They DIDN'T want to destroy anything.

We know Marvel has made some really nice DC counterparts (Squadron Supreme, the Imperial Guard) but has DC made anything similar?

Nothing that sticks.

youtube.com/watch?v=Hn5d-YUyw0E

>The whole Incursion/End of the universe deal is referenced fairly openly at the end (The Gentry are basically embodiments of cynicism, nihilism and hopelessness)

wtf where?

Strange hasn't ended, Aaron is just no longer on the book.

Is the whole Incursion saga by Hickman worth reading?

If they would've just listened.
Superman would've saved not only his, but their worlds for them as well.

anyone got the original page?

Any chance you could give me an exact issue number? I kinda want to read this

As Marvelfag I say DC heroes are more iconic. Every time some company ripping off superheroes it's Justice League

Namor and Strange, the motherfucking Supreme Wizard begin kill to Harry Potter, Flash and batman with his Culthull spell

I wanna say #19 or 20 of Hickman's New Avengers, though the whole story started in... #16 I think?

They were too pure for this world.

I always found it weird that Strange brutally eviscerated all the members of the great society for nothing and they didnt even call him out on it, while Namor saved 2 universes and he's suddenly worse than satán.

Context?
Did they do anything wrong?

I wish I had the skill to photoshop that entire arc to make it legit the Justice League.

I thought this green lantern/ spectrum was supposed to make it to the main universe but has she appeared in anything?

In the build up to Secret Wars, the multiverse began to collapse. Each universe's Earth was attracted by another, and then they collided in events called Incursions.

The Illuminati got lucky a bunch of times, with the colliding Earth being already uninhabited, or by avoiding the collision with the Infinity Gauntlet (but it broke), but eventually they clashed with an inhabited world.

The world was a stand-in for DC, and the Great Society (the Not-Justice League) came to talk to the Illuminati, trying to solve the situation peacefully.

The Illuminati had world bombs, the Great Society had Hope.

They ended up fighting, and the Great Society was winning, until Doc Strange used his Lovecraft powers and killed EVERYONE. Then Namor blew up the world.

>the guy that was ripped off by Harry Potter
Fixed that for you

Yeah, remember the time the JLA made the right choice by not fighting back, and letting Parallax remake the universe?

After all, Hal only wanted to remake the world without all the tragedies.

Namor blew it up after T'Challah couldn't do it himself.

yes, and then everyone turned onto Namor.

>HOW DARE YOU DO THE THING WE PLANNED TO DO, WE CAME ALL THIS WAY HERE TO DO, WE KILLED PEOPLE IN ORDER TO DO, WE KNEW WAS THE ONLY WAY TO SAVE OUR WORLD, AND THAT IF WE DIDN'T DO IT, ALL THE DEATH AND SUFFERING WOULD HAVE BEEN IN VAIN?
>Fuck you guys, I'm making my own band

>SCAPEGOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!

>mfw they almost had an interesting thing going with Namor saying something about it being their duty to shoulder the burden of killing a world so that their people would live, which is actually a poignant philosophical point when it comes to heroes, sacrificing their own goodness for the sake of other's, but they just threw it out and had Namor just be an asshole who just doesn't give a fuck about killing a world right after

Tim Hunter was just unlucky enough to draw on the same sources. I doubt a random waitress read his comic books.

I don't think they would have turned on him so quickly if Namor and BP were at the cusp of of Wakanda / Atlantis war the entire time the incursions going on.

>Mousevel "heroes"

The level of pettiness that comes from the House of Ideas never ceases to amaze me.

That's not what happened though.

Namor shows later that he finds the whole thing incredibly fucked up and hates it. It weighs upon him heavily but he does it anyway because he can see that it's literally the only sane choice in the situation they were in. He pretty much leaps at the chance to redeem himself and fuck over the people who are actually enjoying this world destruction ride when the opportunity comes along.

Namor is legitimately the best character in that event.

desuarchive.org/_/search/filename/2ec.png/

bro...

I don't know much about BB but I thought him shouting was supposed to be "end-of-the-world"-tier. Is that not the case?

Who's the hottie with the sexy costume?

It seems to vary.

I like to believe he can control how powerful he can shout

That looks like DC. Or is there another page?

nAMOR

It was Dr. Strange that killed them and faced no repercussions.

Don't you mean...

THE QUINTESSENCE ?!

Not a fan of how all the blame got shifted to Namor

What got me was how much Sup Forums was down for it.

The majority really ENJOYED the thought of Marvel heros murdering entire planets.

I think I know why DC doesn't return Hickman's calls...

>No Reed
>No Namor
>No Xavier
Why bother?

and then the idiots stoped strange before he could end the job making him seling his soul worthless also wasnt that a sun eater?

yea aleast for me

Doctor Strange and the Sorcerers Supreme is good.

An arc of Superman/Batman had The Maximums, a group of not-Avengers from an alternate world that turned out to have been made by Joker with a bit of leftover Mixy power from Emperor Joker.

Champions of Angor
The Retaliators
The Maximums
There's also The Americans and all the other Marvel analogues in Millar's Authority

Also Lord Havok (Doom analogue) and his crew showed up recently in the Justice League of America Rebirth.

Yes but that depends on if DC's editors remember that. I mean I guess maybe there's a 50% better chance they do compared to Marvel, but still.

Ha ha endless pain and suffering beyond out comprehension

I kinda enjoyed Hickman's Bokurano with superheros. Then again I have a boner for most multiverse shenanigans

Might as well dump all that I can.