You are hired to adapt a japanese based franchise/series/anime into a western cartoon

You are hired to adapt a japanese based franchise/series/anime into a western cartoon

Could be something like Pokemon or Digimon which have already had anime adaptions in their home country, or Sonic/Mario who've already had western cartoons

or another franchise thats never had a animated adaption period

It could even be like Voltron which was an amalgamation of japanese anime into its own continuity and then remade into its own western cartoon.

So what series would you choose and how would it be adapted into a western cartoon.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KHVYLCADO70
myanimelist.net/anime/31433/Ginga_Eiyuu_Densetsu_2017
youtube.com/watch?v=H3scSHk4h2g
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Berserk

I'd go to HBO, advertise it as "The japanese 'Game of Thrones'", then adapt it as faithfully as possible with a style reminiscent of the Spawn HBO series

someone has to adapt Berserk properly, because it's clear Miura doesn't give a fuck if he hired these cunts for the latest series (pic related)

Gundam: directed by Tartakovsky, animated by Titmouse.

tarsky has his go to people doesnt he? but i do love titmouse

>You are hired to adapt a japanese
I quit.

>Miura hired a studio do adapt his manga
I don't really think that's how that works.

he went to them, this is confirmed because the studio said they were surprised that they got offered the job, despite only having made moeblob loli shit

Miura is a huge creep for loli's and cutesy shit (which is why he is OBSESSED with idolmaster), so he hired these wankers because he had watched all that other shit you see in my picture

I played some choose your own adventure novel thing game where a masterless samurai with an edgy past is hired as the bodyguard to a noble girl who knows some magic. Then they secretly get summoned by the Emporer who sends then on some quest to kill evil spirits, and gifts them a ninja girl too. I'd watch that as a cartoon.

Parasyte.
In Adventure Time style animation.
Change nothing about the story and see how much I can get away with.

I actually had an idea about adapting Fate/Stay Night using names that were jokingly suggested would be used for a 4kids dubbing (at least with the modern characters) and setting it in England.

I considered also using a bit of Fate/Proto-type elements by just using a female protagonist and a male Arthur since those relationships get the dicks over at the academy awards hard and the Type-moonanites would still probably love it.

Oddly enough though, I feel using a male arthur and England as the setting reopens some questions that the original series managed to explain pretty well.

franken fran. there is no other answer. any one who says a different manga name is a pleb and a child molester

Is picking F-Zero cheating?

Make a Prisma Illya show, see how long I can go before I go to jail.

C'mon we were ALL thinking it.

I want something like this. It without the spirits, but yes to the bodyguard and his charge. And they travel underground and stuff

Can we get someone else to do designs?

Why is Mars wearing Jupiter's outfit?

The funny, quirky Berserk GO

A remake of Betterman. The show got an interesting setting and great villains design but gooks shitty writing ruined it. Americans can make it better

youtube.com/watch?v=KHVYLCADO70

I would adapt bleach and focus it more on the comedy of a midevil grim reaper character being forced to cope with living as a mortal in the modern world. Bleach feels like a missed opportunity in that regard, went full on edge way too fast.

In 2014 I thought up a concept of an Americanized Doraemon that involved a genderswitched Noby who's in college and Doraemon is a large cat robot with ears even.

ANYTHING JUNJI ITO ON ADULT SWIM ANIMATED BY THE GUYS WHO DID SUPERJAIL.

looks good honestly.

A pokemon tv show would be neat, the concept is ideal for that. So pokemon though i'd rather have an anime rather than a cartoon.

I would absolutely eat that shit up, that was all I ever really wanted from Bleach anyway.

Trigun
The slayers
Spirit Detective

Magic knight rayearth- only this time they are boys

This is one of those things I had no idea I wanted so much and didn't know

Daily Lives of High School Boys by Mike Judge

Ghost in the Shell: GO!

The studio that did animation for Batman TAS also did this and Cartoon Network footed the bill for the second season back in the day

Yeah, this

Sailor Moon, using the artstyle of Animaniacs, or just an older rubberhose artstyle, directed by Chris Savino, and written by the people who did the earlier regular show episodes, before it went relationshit
one day when i get a grip on anatomy, i'mma fucking draw it, mark my words

>So pokemon though i'd rather have an anime rather than a cartoon
But why? anime pokemon is awful and it gets worse every season.

It's actually one of my pipe dreams to adapt this for Western audiences. 3D CG, with both English- and German-speaking actors. Maybe if I win the lottery.

user///I dont say this often, but as the OP of this thread....that sounds amazing.

Does it have to be popular? Because if not I want to make a Shiori Experience cartoon.

Just a cartoon about a teacher forming a school band with the help of the ghost of Jimmy Hendrix

I personally don't want an American remake of an anime.

But..... I would like an American made sequel to FLCL.

I choose to quit by sending my boss a flaming bag of shit.

Agreed. Get to work

bump

This pairing is trash.

Yu-Gi-Oh!

I'd adapt the first 7 volumes of the manga.

Apart from using English Dub names and toning it down like 5%, it would be more or less the same.

Probably go with the style of Gendy Tartakovsky or Clerks: the Animated Series.

This! I think it would make a pretty good cartoon whether its adapted into a more actiony cartoon or maybe into something like Star vs.
Id also rather it be adapted from the old anime than the manga, wouldn't want another SMC on our hands

Okay now I have to see this

It already had an anime so, no it isn't.
You are however required to use falcon punch more than once, every won race or great success has to end with the VA screaming HYES at the top of his lungs

its getting a remake though myanimelist.net/anime/31433/Ginga_Eiyuu_Densetsu_2017

I'll just leave this heyaa....
youtube.com/watch?v=H3scSHk4h2g

>Americans can make it better
Like all the other times America has "improved" on an anime

Whut

Whatever I adapt I will change all food into jelly donuts.

If I get to rewrite how the last 2/3rds of it end up then I choose Air Gear. But we use the DCAU style or original Ben 10 MIA

well, look real talk, lemme get a feel for the artstyle first, alright? i have a basic idea how i wanna draw the characters and such
also i'm really excited people liked my idea, i had to think really hard about the writers

Bump.

Little witch academia it basically asking for it, maybe craig mccracken could do it justice

>Ranma 1/2
>episodic comedy with overarching story. (but the story never goes anywhere so it's fine)
>Actually have episodes where all 400 characters show up and drop in for split second cameos and throwaway gags unlike the anime.
>make a fast paced action comedy show full of puns and sight gags.

None. I would say "No, thanks".

Angel Cop cartoon, with the Jews thing being expanded on greatly.

Do you think the constant nudity and groping could work in a western show? Or would changes have to be made?