Secret Empire #4 + United Preview

Even Rich the Leech forgot to notice a last-minute additional artist: Joshua Cassara.

Other urls found in this thread:

abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/secret-empire-punisher-joins-hydra-uprising-spider-man/story?id=47772205
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I know that this is probably a dream or something, but there's no way they could take out the Living Laser that easily.

Here's the very first look of Leinil Francis Yu's interior work on this event, courtesy of the ABC News website.

It's obviously a dream of some kind. Symbolism and metaphor rather than any reflection of reality.

Here's his variant.

His #5 variant is changed to another one by Sorrentino.

Ashley Witter Unknown Comics variant.

Notice that the central character in this and previous Unknown Comics variants for the previous three issues share the same pose.

This is most certainly inside Steve's own mind, it's his original self fighting the hydra changes.

>Emma's skin is back to flesh
>her costume has changed
>her headpiece is back on
I will post the original Stegman pencils and inks for this later.

Did they change Emma into Magik?

That's Illyana, my friend!

>Red Triangle on Sam, a political dissident.

Is Spencer still going with "Hydra aren't Nazi's"? Because his case gets weaker every day.

I wonder when we'll find out who the new Kraken is.

Maybe editorial-mandated change

If I were Gwen, I think I'd be staying happily on Earth 65 until this whole Hydra thing blew over.

>Trusting Sebastian Shaw

Ryan Stegman cover - pencils and inks courtesy of Cadence Comic Art

Wait, how can the two countries have treaties if Hydra's official position is that New Tian is an unrecognized Rogue State occupying their territory?

Rafael Albuquerque variant

>In Spencer's books Hydra refuses to acknowledge the sovereignty of New Tian because that would legitimize them
>here they've apparently signed treaties with them

What are editors?

How's Hank gonna fuck it up this time?

Note that the shirt shown in this variant for Secret Empire #4 is different from the one in the interiors.

I'm not going to post any more variants for this issue.

>implying Zub has read Spencer's scripts
End.

Man, Marvel just loves to encourage shitting on the muggas.

This looks nothing like his actual Hydra outfit

So he's not the Chameleon or some other magic trickery. Frank joining literal Nazis makes no fucking sense.

>somewhere on twitter Nick Spencer's screeches ''They're not Nazis!''

What exactly happened to Bucky after he was thrown into the past and blown up, anyway?

>The mutant police wear the Morrison X-Men jackets
Nice touch

#HumanLivesMatter

I strongly get the feeling this is misleading the audience. Its too easy of a "Fix everything" card

>Maybe editorial-mandated change
What were people too excited for Emma leading her own team of X-men to fight Nazis and that didn't fit Marvel's position of her being the true bad guy of IvX and Death of X aka worse than Hitler?

Triangle Man?
TRIANGLE MAN?!
and what's he doing being on the same side as Particle Man?

That's Magik. Apparently Emma is with Hydra now.

>>Making Mutants the biggoted ones
Man, it's like every time the Mutants get the upper hand, they become shitheads.

It's like when minorities become a majority in a country.

There's a lot in this event which could be described as "too easy".

It's almost like when the oppressed become the oppressor they feel justified in giving back what was given to them 200%

We call that the cycle of violence, kiddos

That doesn't look like Yu, user

Eh the artist is not mentioned in this shit: abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/secret-empire-punisher-joins-hydra-uprising-spider-man/story?id=47772205 (view video for more)

B-but Spencer said everything has been plotted well in advance!

It's a tie-in about muties, he probably has nothing to do with it other than the concept of New Tian and the Cosmic Cube fragments.

Where's my Emma?

See text for possible reason

>Zub
>paying any attention whatsoever to what other writers are doing

Pick one.

steve boyfriends saves him. so cute!

also this steve is fucking hot

>King

King? WTF? These are mutants, not Inhumans.

It's pretty clear at this point that this some kind of dream or reflection of Steve's mind.

Mutant governments have always been de facto dictatorships, the only difference now is the title the ruler has been given.

could this be a variant or Emma was replaced with Magik?

in the second case it seems Marvel wants Emma to be all pure villain. Cyclops dead and Emma a villain.

Do people really like these action figure covers?

Its a crossover, like when Wizard was treated like a b-list shitlord to be taken out by Spidey throwing a tantrum.

Also that's a good Living Laser design.

Yeah.

That's been a thing since the 60s dude.

Kobik revived him and brought him back to the present, then Zemo kicked his shit in then killed him in the present.

It's obviously Ian Zola.

>Frank joining literal Nazis
>literal Nazis
t. MCUfag

But they're not.

>King
"King" doesn't really seem Xorn's style. He always struck me as more of a Heavenly Leader type.

They probably wouldn't still be doing them if they didn't sell.

Xorn should be an Omega is he has a Black Hole in his head, right? the brother who impersonated Magneto had a Star in his head.

Not necessarily. He doesn't really have any control over the power.

>Dangers lurked around every corner
>And also Batroc

regardless of whether Hydra is Nazis or not, Frank wouldn't join them under any circumstance.

Storm joined Hydra too?
Seriously? Like fucking seriously?
Please tell me this is just a cover.

>Batroc is a more effective fighter than the guys who actually have superpowers

True but then there's still the matter of the Hooded Hologram, who's not only featured prominently in Secret Empire #2 and #3, but appears in the stinger page of Sam Wilson #22, also written by Spencer

>Frank's hero comes to him and tells him that he wants to give him the full backing of the United States government in his hunt for criminals and official authorization to use lethal force as he sees fit
I don't see why he would turn this down.

>Please tell me this is just a cover.
What does it look like, user?

because his hero is publicly working with mass-murdering supervillain terrorists

Why make such a cover if she's not like that in the comic?

to fool idiots

That's just fake news.

Frank is literally approached by one of them with a message from Cap in the preview

>why have a variant cover not reflect the contents of the comic
Is this your first rodeo? There's an Eternals variant cover for Defenders #1 but the Eternals sure as shit aren't going to be appearing in it.

When was this particular Kraken ever a mass-murdering supervillain terrorist?

well we don't know what this Kraken's deal is but this shows that Frank is at least aware of the Hydra High Council's existence, and that Cap is working with them.

This has been happening at least since Siege, happened again in a Civil War 2 tie-in with Daredevil. A precedent has been established, so they're going to keep doing it no matter how stupid it is.