How strong are the power rings' constructs supposed to be...

How strong are the power rings' constructs supposed to be ? Does it vary greatly between an average GL that was trained and knows how to use his and say a vet like Hal Jordan ?

Green Lanterns are jobbers that exist to die in droves in any big battle scene during a major event to show the stakes are high.

Their strength is related to the willpower of the user and their intelligence.

Or as strong as the writers need them to be.

this. you sometimes see hal being able to contain superman, sometimes his constructs are weak as fuck.

sometimes a green lantern will melt after getting hit by the red lanterns blood, other times they are fine. it's all on the writter really

>When you realize that the GLC are the DC cosmic equivalent of Titans

Has anyone got the screencap featuring the greentext account of the bank robber that accidentally killed an entire team of Titans?

this is a depressing truth

This.
They say the Power Ring is the most powerful weapon in the universe, and then any coon with super strength can just annihilate Hals constructs even though he's considered the best Green lantern ever/. WTF?

John Stewart makes the sturdiest constructs.

A rocket launcher is a pretty powerful weapon, too. But if the guy shooting it is a total blooter who can't aim or utilize it properly, he could still get fucked up by a buxom babe with a sword and a shiny rope

Andy Sixx lays the sturdiest logs

Except its as if your rocket launcher was firing nerf balls, at low velocity

This

Also every GL has gotten progressively more stupid so writers don't have to put any effort into creating actual threats for them

Green Lanterns are dumb. Alan Moore and Neil Gaiman might be able to write good stories with them, but they're still dumb.

How would you combine the Green Lanterns and the Nove Corps into a single cosmic law enforcement jobber organisation?

>They say the Power Ring is the most powerful weapon in the universe,
This only was shown during the Blackest Night saga. Other than that, it's a pretty useless trinket.

The Novas are beat cops and the GLC is detectives or SWAT, they're both laughably incompetent more often than not

J'onn joins one of them to become the ultimate jobber

They've always been said to be an incredibly powerful weapon.

This will never not be awesome.

I actually liked the Nova Craft that appeared in the GotG movie.

They would work pretty well to buff the numbers of the corps, you have your regular officers from all the different alien races who may or may not be considered "super" in the battleships and the fightcraft forming big fleets that have the numbers to actually police a galaxy, then for special work dealing with the most powerful entities who conventional methods fails against you have the superpowered members of the force that are individually more powerful and faster to respond than a battleship with their various abilities that can be formed into smaller response teams.

For a mass produced mortal weapon, it is sure powerful. But it is by no means the most powerful weapon in its own universe. The Mother Ring, a variation of the Power Ring is significantly more powerful. The Power Gauntlet, the predecessor to the Power Ring is more powerful.

Ok,

How strong are the powers of THIS Green Lantern? Wood thing aside.

>Wood thing aside
And by that you mean how he loves cock?

Technically his powers were basically infinite, mostly limited because he still considered himself human and didn't WANT godlike powers

He probably has the easiest time using a ring due to his magical aspect.

>People still don't understand Hal's character flaw of being cocky is what makes his ring slinging weak

And by cocky you mean brain-damaged? From all the head trauma?

They're supposed to be as strong as the person's emotion.
So yes it varies on their emotional constitution, experience can help with this but it can't eliminate its flaws. After all if someone was trained to become emotionally numb their construct capability if anything would stagnate.

Members are usually selected for having or invoking the strongest degree of an emotion locally to the searching ring, if not planet wide. Some other checks are apparently done, but overall most of the selection process eliminates glaring flaws or failures during recruitment not beforehand. So what you get is a mixed group of very potent individuals who are refined to take advantage of their advantages and keep in mind their disadvantages, but never without their weaknesses. Some are behavior related, some are physical.

Literally depends on how well user is connected to there emotion and how creative they are

I actually miss the Sentinel costume.

Depends a lot on the writer and the story but I would generally say it all depends on the willpower of the wielder.

If you create poison with your ring and somebody drinks it will the ring power be enough to hold the poison enough for it to affect the body?

can you construct food with a power ring?

Following up on this, how real are constructs? Are metal or wood constructs made of wood and metal? Do they stick around?

>Oh Hal Jordan is the chosen one
>Oh Hal Joardan you're the greatest bestest lantern that ever existed
>Oh Jordan you're so powerfull and great that cosmic entities always take over your body and make you stronger

Hal Jordan is literally shit anime tier.

I'm pretty sure constructs are "hard light" or something like that, so they do not retain any chemical properties of whatever you're recreating.

The way I always imagined it is like plastic: you can shape it like pillow but it won't be soft. On the other hand if you make a jackhammer it will work mechanically.

Hal IS one of the best GLs though, there's no reason his constructs would be weaker than anybody else's

They've just nerfed the shit out of GLs in general

They can stop a star from going nova and containing the whole thing no prob.

But cannot ever for a second stand up to Lobo punching them.

So fuck comics yet again

This

Lanterns are worse than ninjas in a single one can handle Superman, fuck over Mongul in seconds, make Kalibak a non-entity in a fight, and take on Henshaw in a fist fight.

But hundreds of them cannot handle marginally superpowered villains. Sometimes normal terrestrial natural disasters. A grouping of all the Earth Lanterns could not togethr stop a tidal wave.

"hard light" just means "hologram you can touch".

The thing about Lantern rings is they actually DO mimic ALL of the properties of what you're trying to make but only if you imagine those properties correctly.

How strong is a telekinetic?

It's force of will, man. The entire concept revolves around force of will. To stop Superman, you have to want it hard enough.

I'm pretty sick of so many of the Earth lanterns just being dudes from America.

Other stellar civilizations are lucky to have even a single member of their species be a lantern, and yet almost all of the human lanterns are specifically from one country?

How many fucking times do I have to remind you people that proximity is a factor when they choose?

He still accomplishes wacky silver age shit because his ring is magic. His ring does not run out of power so he can go crazy with it if he wants to, although he never really does. Jay assumes no speedster can touch him.

He can almost match Mordru going all out, but then he got his ass kicked by a first time yellow ring user on their first day so jobber too?

I actually like the normal clothes as a costume idea, but maybe if they updated Alan's old 40's costume to actual clothes. The weird ballet boots and puffy pirate shirt are weird

Cheap justification for rings that can casually travel interstellar distances.

In the GL Corps series a power ring can keep all organs function perfectly without need for food or sleep, so maybe they can imitate it?

Yea they can actually BE the material, but it's ten times easier to just make it green light. But on occasion they need to whip up real aluminum or iron for things and they work. The issue is the creator needs to have some basic understanding of the composition of the material to make it.

Why would you need to though? Going for the closest candidate is way more efficient.

>When Kanjar Ro was fucking up hundreds of lanterns at a time with a sonic gong.

not that guy but i remember some guys constructing smoke so i guess you're right

Guy Gardner makes popcorn and beer all the fuckin' time.

Only thing is, it would cease to exist the moment you stop thinking about it, so most likely disappearing from your stomach after you swallow.

So you can enjoy the taste, but it won't fill you up or nourish you.

The Hal statue in Coast City was a permanent construct.

And a few things the Guardians made "back in the day" are permanent constructs too. Power rings themselves might fall under permanent construct too.

You know, I'm pretty sure at least half of those cases are Hal going ham after Coast City got War Worlded.

I always felt Green Lanterns should be on par with Superman.

But GL's have been written ridiculously inconsistent over the years, so who knows.

They've always said it, but it was only demonstrated in Blackest Night, was my point.

>canonically weak to wood
>earth 2 version is gay
lmao

Mongul yes, the Henshaw one was a few years ago in the GL solo when he took over Stel's world. Kalibak one happened in Kyle's run when rookie from the past Hal just manhandled him.

Half true. Nameless Lanterns exist to job, the named ones are decent.

All of them end up getting named in databooks and shit

That was well put.

how can you be giving off both compassion and death vibes?

There's no greater mercy than death.

sadly this

>mortal weapon
explain

the Guardians are immortal, creating the rings to harness the energies from an immortal being, Ion

GL's are literally Krillin

you can have multiple emotions at once, and death and light are neither restrictive to any

USA is the best. Aliens know it, everyone knows it. Even you know it, deep down. Just accept it.

I think they retconned that out to avoid shit like picture related.

I wouldn't call lantern rings the most powerful weapons in the universe, just the most versatile. Like all weapons, their biggest flaw is the user. The more will a GL has and the clearer the image they're trying to construct, the stronger it is. However they really are the biggest jobbers in the universe.

So if I toss yellow paint on Hal, would his constructs be more fragile? Or has that been retconned out? Not that it matters, Hals constructs fucking suck

If GL are vulnerable to yellow, do any of them carry around spraypaint to stop that or something?

That's gone since Parallax was released from the Central Battery.