Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=l6qJKXDAtgg
youtube.com/watch?v=YQlZweKNBjo
youtube.com/watch?v=44GmrCQezBU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>3D

ugh

>already better than the majority of humanz

Man, they're really milking that mocap action aren't they. This must've cost pennies to make

Hah, was just about to say that

this animation is... bad
at least the song is good

Well the songs better than the rest of Humanz, except maybe Ascension, but the animation is just so sloppy.

The animation is shit because it's just mocap footage of an actor dancing attached to a pretty simple but clumsy 2D rig.

It's the exact same thing they do in their recent interviews, where the VAs of Murdoc and 2D play their characters; youtube.com/watch?v=l6qJKXDAtgg

they're never going to even try topping their feel good inc video are they?

Dare is their best video though

That's a weird way to spell Do Ya Thing

No need to argue, because you're all wrong.

19-2000 is the best.

>implying the storyboards for Rhinestone Eyes aren't kino

That video was shit and lazy. I could have made that in two days in my fucking garage. Fuck you, Damon, no one likes Gorillaz for you. We wanna see mini-movies with haunting vocals on eclectic tracks, you fuck.

The music being better than almost all of Humanz and the video being embarrassingly bad make a pretty unintentionally splendid combination.

You couldn't though.

I liked thevideo

Most of this music is painfully average but well produced. If it weren't for the fictional band gimmick we'd be asking why the band didn't break up before its sound got this dated.

Also as a 3Dfag this is unbelievably shitty animation compared to what they used previously. This is "we ran out of money" without a veneer of satire or irony here. Not even Poser tier, this is Second Life herky-jerky.

They're using realtime mo-cap so they can quickly make these things. They use the same for interviews and promo videos.

Also didn't they run out of money for Plastic Beach in part thanks to the Stylo music video?

The problem is that they are just storyboards. They never bothered to finish it. So that anons "They're never going to even try..." comment still stands because they gave up on that one.

Still waiting for a video starting my girl.

Daily reminder that Sup Forums has absolutely zero taste.

>Get shitty stock footage/random footage
>Get a shitty 3D model
>Get a xbox kinect/any other camera
>Apply 3D model mocap over footage
>Apply shitty video effects

Fucking done. Easy!

Daily reminder that Humanz was shite :^)

so what's with their videos anyways? do they just not value visuals, or low budget, or time constraints, or what?

Remember this in a few years when you start vomiting all over the internet about how you went back and suprisingly really liked it.

ive seen people make better animations on Gmod, so yeah ill believe that user can do better

oh shit, something good from gorillaz in 2017

2D is for ___

it looks like it was animated by ukinojoe

Better than 95% of the album. What bullshit. Looks like they forgot that they didn't have to make overproduced shit for an album. They could have put simpler stuff like this on it and it would've been better.

They didn't give up they ran out of money

abuse and sadness.

It's clearly not supposed to be serious. It's dumb mocap just like their recent interviews and it's fucking tragic that it's better than the whole album.

>Only one video for Humanz
>Album had to be shit but we couldn't even enjoy a couple adventures with the gang

Pretty much nobody liked Humanz. It was critically panned. It's far behind any other Gorillaz album in terms of memorability and genuinely good songs. Even behind The Fall. I can at least put on The Fall and chill but Humanz will never get another play from me.

>It was critically panned
No

I like it, but like most Gorillaz songs has possibly too long a build. I mean 1min mark for a 3min song? This is not something you can share with a friend or newcomer of their music.

Still good song, okay ridiculous video (feels like they took maybe a couple days to make it tops).

Have you all forgotten Stylo?

There were a few gems in Humans.
Apprentice, Ascension, Busted and Blue, Strobelite, Ticket tape, and plenty of the others are pretty okay.

>too long a build
Try listening to songs that are five minutes minimum and then get back to me

No, that's 2D.

And this is 4D3D3D3

>be Damon
>make shitty album because you can't think beyond yourself and your pity party anymore
>fill it with guest verses because fuck if you care anymore
>people shit on you for not playing the character they came for
>decide to spend a day writing a passive-aggressive little diddy as retaliation
>get artist partner to spend yesterday (and only yesterday) making the video

>that one-day throwaway song ends up being the best thing you put out all year

I don't think this was out of retaliation. It's just a song.

>not for ascension
KYS

This song was recorded during humanz recording sessions you retard

Ascension is straight up okay. It's not good or bad.

hello grandpa

Great MMD fan video.

Nice dance moves

Yeah this mocap animation is shit, I hope soon that gets through to them before they try to make more videos in this cheap and off-putting format.

It's meant to be cheap you idiot.

So apparently this was made in a day due to the complaints of there not being enough 2D in humanz which is why this is so cheaply made

Also I haven't listened to the rest of the songs on the new album yet, were they really that bad?

I don't care if it's meant to look cheap, it looks like unpolished shit.

It's not part of the Humanz album, also not the Super Deluxe Edition. Damon said during a live performance today he made the song last monday and made the video yesterday.

>it looks like unpolished shit.
LITRALLY
the point

>were they really that bad?
I genuinely remember like three

The video was literally made yesterday in one day. He wrote the song last monday.

This song excels Humanz on every aspect, and that's saying from someone who liked the album.

Also, what the fuck with that dance? It's like if the guy behind 2D was dancing to that Han Solo song for the Xbox 360's Kinect.

He's never danced before

That's bad. They should (and used to) aim higher than this ironic shitpost quality.

All that matters is the song. You wouldn't be complaining if it were a still image

It's a little bonus song that he made in a day in response to fans. It's not even part of any album or whatever. Either we get everything that comes with Humanz without this, or everything that comes with Humanz with this added. Does this video take away anything from any of the other stuff they're doing?

Since when does liking old songs mean you're a grandpa?

Well duh, of course that's the issue, that's why I'm saying mocap animation is repulsive garbage.
And the song is nice, I like it. The video doesn't do them any favors.
I know they're first and foremost a band and the music is what matters but if there wasn't an cartoon element to Gorillaz, then why discuss it here?

You're basically complaining that Aqua Teen Hunger Force looks shitty.

It's not the same. They way it's been done here isn't funny, it's just ugly.

>Animation is 3-D
>It's not even good 3-D like Do Ya Thing
>It looks like the same exact shit they used for the "live" interview
I can understand the limitation behind the technology making it look like shit when done in realtime but why the fuck would they use this for an actual music video? I mean Jesus Christ, watching 2-D's fingers when trying to play the piano nearly gave me an aneurysm. At least the song is pretty good.

>All these tasteless fuckers not appreciating "On Melancholy Hill"

Though Rhinestone user has a point. Might not have been their greatest album in every song, but all the Sup Forums stuff from Plastic Beach is some of Jaime's best work.

Howdy Champ! Enjoying the latest Ed Sheeran and Panic at the Disco songs? : ^ )

Why is Damon so butthurt that people want more of best boy? Does he not realize the bulk of the appeal for Gorillaz is the characters?

Marcianito moves a 100% better than 2D in this video.

God, the music video budget must be in the crapper. Even Doncamatic's was better than this!

Humanz was so bad that they're already pushing half-conceived songs rather than release more singles from it?

The mocap looks terrible, but since it looks so much like a shitty marionette it would have been completely salvaged if they just made the model look like a marionette.

the animation reminds me of jimmy screamerclauz. it was clearly done on purpose. i kinda like it desu

True enough.

I thought the point of the shitty quality was to point out the lyrics of the song that 2-D is high as a kite and whilst high you feel jagged and the day goes by like the background. Gave me some feel good aesthetic vibes.

Actually it's rockit

Then do it

bump

What has 2D been eating to get those hips?

Murdoc has been feeding him estrogen

That was awful. Reminds me of that annoying dancing bear but with shittier music. Wtf happened to Gorillaz?

Damon and co. just want to shit on Trump

Seriously, how'd he get so THICC this phase?

This.
I'm surprised more anons haven't figured that out.

Because they made the video this wednesday. How much better could they make it in one day?

Hi kid

They made it in one day for pretty much 0 money. It was a spontaneous little thing, not a planned release.

>I could have made that in two days in my fucking garage
But Damon made it in one day, so you're still worse than him.

Am I the only one who finds this adorable?

This is Food Fight quality of animation. Are they trying to be ironis?

youtube.com/watch?v=YQlZweKNBjo
>quality Gorillaz animated music video

I got a good laugh out of it in an inferno cop sorta way

The effects are supposed to be awful. 2D was the only person who had any involvement in the video, and he's really stupid, so obviously the video is going to be stupid to. It's supposed to be a video that's equal parts charming and cringey, like a Tim and Eric skit.

Why would he be butthurt? He made an entire song of genuine good quality for the people who wanted more 2D.

factually wrong

Damon explaining why he made it and saying that he made the song on monday and video on wednesday:

youtube.com/watch?v=44GmrCQezBU

no u