Lobo thread

Is Lobo the Bender of the DC Universe? Who is Marvel's Lobo?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HpFplmMcjOE
youtube.com/watch?v=lw1zRtmuycw
youtube.com/watch?v=rLEze2Aa3Bs
youtube.com/watch?v=91Xq-H5Ck2o
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Is Lobo the Bender of the DC Universe

I think you might be somewhat confused lad

He's pretty much Bender, and he's voiced by Dimaggio

When has he been voiced by DiMaggio? Because that's really perfect.

Justice League Action

I think I still prefer Justice League Lobo.
youtube.com/watch?v=HpFplmMcjOE

So...

Any edits?

I like the theme song that plays for him in the DCAU.

I love how he just casually rigs up a nuclear bomb or something to summon Superman.

Source? I'm not recognizing the girl

>That little fly hop through the door

heh heh.

The Hitman/Lobo oneshot remains my favorite.

The things they did to him ....

Judge Dredd/Lobo is great

Will he ever use it? Does he still have it?

>good kitty. may the crimson light guide you on your own mission.

i can't be the only one who laughed at that

>implying he will ever use that

There's nothing funny about the affection between a man and his pet murdercat

Lobo does not need any edits.

Can someone storytime some Lobo I've never seen? I've seen Hitman/Lobo and the one where him and the other alien get in a fight and slam nukes on each other

Anyone have a derivative Lobo reading list?

Definitive*

I'm a dirty phone poster

There's nothing, mang

Lunatik was a Lobo equivalent made by Giffen, who was also the creator of Lobo. Giffen killed him in Drax the destroyer earth fall.

He could use it on someone else before lopping off their hand.

He has a red diamond in his current JLA run, inside his iron cross. In the 90s, there was no red diamond, also, Alonso knows how to write Lobo. Seems like he read all lobo runs from the 90s.

How are the chances for a Lobo run by Alonso? Hes doing a well Job with the Mainman in JLA.

Just search for Lobos 1990 run "lobo". Thats the best shit ive ever read.

Lobo movie when?

Why do I want Lobo to do naughty things to me so much?

Dont, pls dont. No need for a "Lobo-Hype", like the Deadpool-Hype back in 2016. Deadpool Vol 2 was fucking awesome. Black humour (really black, not hehe, i punched you xd rofl 9gag shit) and not 39490202 pop-culture references. Just gimme more good Lobo comic-runs.

Do you mean Orlando?

Yes, Orlando. My fault.

A: Thats my current desktop-wallpaper
B: Because youre pretty gay.

Hype leads to comic leads to movie leads to comics. But I suppose Lobo might be the "wrong" kind of R-rated superhero movie to do well in these "sjw" times.

There isn't, but I can help you out.
I'd read "Lobo: Portrait of a Bastiche". It collects his first solo comics, which are what really got him running. Then you can look into his 90's series, which aren't rare.

I always wanted a Lobo movie, if only for the opening trailer to show a slim, pale-skinned man with a hook and black hair entering a bar and acting all cocky before Lobo brutally murders him as a "fuck you" to the New 52

A Lobo movie would lead to more comics, and I think it could be good in the right hands. I don't want the leddit audience hooking onto him like they did Deadpool though, even if Deadpool's comics and movie are okay.

>Lobo might be the "wrong" kind of R-rated superhero movie to do well in these "sjw" times.

This.

Dwayne "the Lobo" Johnson as Lobo when??

How would you guys feel about a Buddy Cop Nu52/OG Lobo series?

i'd love to write it but i have no fucking idea about Lobo's mythos and shit

That would be the kind of thing I would like to see in a Lobo movie.

Well he is slated to be Captain Marvel/Shazam so never, but he is the person I would most like to see take on the role.

No. If there is another Lobo Comic about the MAINMAN, then it has to start with a beheaded new 52 Lobo. Cullen Bunn just screwed that so up, canĀ“t believe it until today.

But thats a good idea. What are your ideas for a Lobo run? I liked the sick humour of his first solo run in 1990.

>implying the Rock couldn't play both roles

they don't really look the same and its not like they would really meet each other on screen.
Lobo is all white with red eyes and Black Adam has pointy ears.
Id say have him play both roles.

id say, send "Rolo" some more times into the Gym and hes got the role. I cant take "The Rock" as Lobo serious.

That's probably not how the DCU people would see it. I mean we have seen people play two different superheroes before such as Chris Evans and Ryan Reynolds but I don't think it's going to happen. I do hope I'm wrong though.

I think Lobo's great in pretty much any incarnation. The JLA Randy Savage style Lobo is a blast too.
youtube.com/watch?v=lw1zRtmuycw
youtube.com/watch?v=rLEze2Aa3Bs
youtube.com/watch?v=91Xq-H5Ck2o

Doug Mahnke is probably the second best Lobo artist.

Have a Lobo re-design I did some time ago.

Holy shit I forgot how much of a pussy faggot they made Lobo in the Nu52. What were they thinking?

It's perfect because Lobo is basically an 80s metal album cover come to life.

the corps has standard issue underwear?!!

the black adam solo flick basically got cancelled (or it didn't get very far anyway).

I'd like to see Lobo show up in MoS2 . Easy enough to come up with a plot for that. The Rock plays Lobo and is hired to take out superman (by lets say...Brainiac).

Lobo absolutely cannot work in the Snyderverse as it is. Lobo is and was from the beginning a parody of exactly the kind of grimdark self-seriousness Snyder peddles.

If they tried to incorporate Lobo into a MoS2 done in the same style as the rest of the DCEU, he'd have to be played straight and suck as a result because he IS a dumb character. That's the point.

geez, what would Lobo even do in a Shazam movie? He is a totally different character, not really fit in the innocent world of Billy Batson.

All the Shazam movie would need is just Rock as Black Adam, anyway.

There were also those old rumours about Vinnie Jones playing Lobo, which... might actually have been pretty good. Lobo already speaks incomprehensible gibberish space slang, and he can get buff enough for the role, maybe the only problem is that he isn't tall enough.

Basically.
New 52 Lobo is tailor made for the Snyderverse, literally. WB wanted Lobo to be made more palatable and normalfag-friendly, and with that came the edgifying that eventually came to a point where he was literally raped.

I think you misunderstood. Lobo is not slated to be in the movie. The Rock is.

>he was literally raped.

Please tell me this is some weird Sup Forums joke meme...

Death's Head, yes?

It was by a villain in one of the last few issues before it got canned.

Everyday I'm reminded how much of a mistake the New 52 was

A Lobo movie would have to thread a crazy line between Crank and Guardians of the Galaxy.

good easter eggs
>ignoring a phone call from Vril Dox and L.E.G.I.O.N. merch
>running over silver surfer in space
>Al's diner getting destroyed

Dex-starr's origin explains the good kitty part.

>WHOA! Mosquito!