Is there anything that makes you feel old or out of touch...

Is there anything that makes you feel old or out of touch? Or something that reminds you that you're surrounded by children?

>samurai jack is 16 years old
>i watched the episodes when i was 9
>cartoons have progressively gotten worse and never gotten back to where it started
>hype for new samurai jack dies when i realize it's just not good
>comics and cartoons discussion is dedicated to nothing but steven universe, something about star, and some mexican flash animation
>every cartoon i ever loved is dead
>every cartoon out now doesn't appeal to me
>just another aspect of the midlife crisis i'm facing in my 20s realizing slowly but surely everything is dying and nothing in life matters and i can never put back on the rose colored glasses of childhood nostalgia
>i'm completely out of touch

I know some people IRL who didn't know who OJ Simpson was.

Shouldn't you do age appropriate things? Going to the stock market, doing a business?

I mean, I get it but Jesus.

Minecraft

It's silly but I got kind of exasperated when I read a comment of someone saying,

"WAIT THIS IS WHERE RIVERDALE IS FROM OH FORGET NETFLIX IM READING THIS HOLY CRAP"

about Archie Comics.

>Steamboat Willie was released 89 years ago
Feels bad, man.

I don't.

These are literally aids to help autistic kids from sperging out during class

Makes you realize how many autistic people there are.

these little useless dust catcher shit

>Pick a Character. Got it? That character is now X.

>THICC

>Anything on the Disney Channel

Yeah. Just browsing Sup Forums.

Fidget spinners, youtube react videos

Comics by Gillen and Gillen wannabes, Marvel's teen books, anything that can be described as quirky, stuff like that. I call it all shit but maybe I'm just old.

>youtube react videos

This fucking bothers me.
I didn't realize just how big and unnecessary this was. I find myself seeing a bunch of react videos recommended on the side bar in youtube and I just......why?

I'm an /m/ regular, what the fuck do you think?

Weirdly enough, both my parents eat that shit up, but neither me or my sister see the appeal.

>there are kids in high school or just graduating high school that don't understand the impact 9/11 had

>Knowing only the post-9/11 world.
>This being your only reference point for reality

>Tfw the last good original robot show from the West was canceled and sold to the government for tax breaks on the claim that "it didn't sell enough toys" even though CN DIDN'T FUCKING -MAKE- ANY TOYS TO BEGIN WITH

look. my mother and other older members of the family like those and other youtuber shit. and that is a thing in many houses across the world. most of the population loves to see people acting stupid. same for channels focused on TOP 10, and the retarded "philosophical phrases and logic" videos

We'll be the last ones to remember peace.

>"hey, who was your first Sup Forums crush? Mine was ________"
>start typing "you have to be at least 18 to post here"
>realize that show came out nearly a decade ago

What's the show?

When people 10-20 years younger than me post these threads

Nothing in particular. Just anything that was brand new when Sup Forums was new feels too recent to be nostalgic to me.

>TOP 10
I actually do like a lot those. Sometimes they have things I've never heard of before, and it leads to some interesting reading later on.

What's to get? It's a cute stylized desk top figure of popular characters. It's a bit out of hand sure but considering they make fuck damn EVERYBODY it's not really surprising.

Sup Forums is the only place where im safe from those fucking emojis, it wouldn't bother me so much if at least the retards who use them had decent grammar

And irl there is just so many new slang and new words that only normies use it makes me sick

also i can't get into any recent anime, all i watch is dragon ball super every saturday becuase it still feels familiar even if the animation isn't great

samurai jack didn't end exactly like i wanted but the ride was mostly great i don't understand why people is so gay nowdays

you're right, the people behind the company want to target all of the communities and fandom so this is why we get abominations like this

As long as there is no middle finger emoji, I will never have a use for them.

Now see this is what I don't get. I understand marketing but the whole E-celeb fad just puzzles me.

If you told 10 year old me that in the future people who just want to watch others play games he'd call you a goddamn piece of shit faggot ass cunt fucker.

10 year old me had a potty mouth.

there is a middle finger emoji and has been one for at least 2 years.

When the fuck did people start calling them "emojis"? The fuck happened to "emoticons" or "smileys"?

If I ever see someone with a selfie stick I swear Ill beat them to death with it

I mean, compared to the stuff Buyfags can get up to that is pretty tame.

You've never fiddled around with a pencil while bored in class?

Fidget spinners are literally just the natural evolution of that.

I was born a few years before 9/11, but damn, my mind wasn't developed enough back then to actually remember it.

Sup Forums now being some weird separate part of the site nobody gives a fuck about and never seems to get up to anything.,

1989:
Kid : Dad I want a transformer !

Dad : ok son.

Kid, while playing with his fidget spinner: dad i want a toy based on a famous youtuber who did stuff like screaming or doing challenge with his (totally not gay) friends !

Dad : don't talk to me ever again fag !

Twitch. Esports I kinda get for events and watching pros practice. Yet i will never understand how a gigantic, literal piece of human trash like Destiny has such a massive following. I just don't get it

This fucking board

They're basically television personalities but for autistic 10 year old humor.

Japan started that shit.

So yes, another reason to blame the weebs.

You never sat with an older sibling and watched them play?

when MSN and LiveSpace died. and since emoji is shorter people and companies started using it

I always thought it was weird as shit when that change happened. They were always fucking emoticons or smileys then suddenly everyone's calling them emojis.

Not him but after five minutes most people say 'let me try' or they do something else.

Disney Wars

I can't continue liking it

I am the older sibling. And the only reason we ever watched each other was so we'd get our turn. None of my brothers nor I actually enjoyed watching.

I can make you feel worse.
I'll be 20 next year

i get you man

>teacher ask what do you want to be when you grow up

>kid1: im going to be a football player
>kid2: im going to be a doctor
>kid3: im going to be an astronaut
>Me: Im going to make cartoons
>kid4:Im going to be the president

Nowdays if you ask any kid they will tell you i want to make let's play videos on youtube,

In my defense making cartoons takes way more effort than laying games and i actually had a job animating stuff for a while ago

but you know the thing that really makes me sad

>Teacher ask who is your hero

>kid1: My dad
>kid2: Goku
>Kid3; Superman
>kid 2: Fuck you billy goku can beat superman
>Kid 4: Jackie chan

Nowdays if a teacher ask that question the kid just names a random youtuber, what values can you learn from a faggot who plays videogames all day while he screams

I actually watch my younger brother play Fallout 4 because I honestly can't get into it myself, but watching is kind of fun. Also, I get to talk to him and spend some time together, so that's nice.

I was a boy so I always had more interest in vidya than my sister.
Though maybe you have a point because I vaguely remember watching my cousin play vidya because I thought he was the coolest.
But then at the same time I might just be garbling memories because I always thought he was the coolest but in the case of vidya I was always pissy about not being able to play.
And at he end of the day I still wanted his video games.

This. I always imagined Sup Forums would be something, whether I was going to like or not that thing was only what I considered. Now the collective content creating community moved on to the popular niche boards.

I absolutely hate seeing our childhood cartoons get remade/rebooted and they turn into absolute shit because the current team doesn't understand what they're dealing with. NuPPG is the biggest offender for me.

I wish they still had cartoon cartoon friday's or the cartoon city bumpers

>born in 95
>I pretty much grew up in a post 9/11 world
i still remember that in the early 00s it had a more comfy and laidback atmosphere and tat the media was obsessed with beach/hawaii themed stuff.

come on user other than Xaolin Showdown PPG and the teen titans which will probably get another reboot in the future what other cartoon had the same fate

TMNT was rebooted multiple times and each version has been mostly good they have even made multiverse crossovers

it's not like the reboots erase the originals from existance, the mickey mouse shorts were good and ducktales looks fine

Cartoons.

If you were creative enough you could try and make your own pitch for a cartoon, if anything to know you could and you tried

Joy.

Back in my day happiness was for sissies.

Its funny, my husband's nephew watches the most obnoxious youtubers and keeps asking for toys their children play with. Toys that came out years ago and now go for 100+ dollars online.

100 dollars for a toy based on a youtuber ?

No, things like old Ben Ten omnitrixes and old Pokemon sets. Things he only knows about because of their videos.

EVERYTHING is gay now.

I felt like I was up to date with everything the kids were into. I live on the Internet, I try to stay up to date on things and I'm generally always making sure to be in the know. I realized I was getting old when two things happened.

The first was that the Wii U came out, and had apparently been out for months and I had no idea. I apparently just stopped caring that much about NIntendo. However, that was just personal. The clincher was fidget spinners. At some point these things were everywhere and I had never heard of them before I saw them everywhere and I just don't fucking get it.

This is what my parents went through with my Pokemon and Beyblade craze. I understand now

Call me a snob, but if you're going to collect things, at least aim to collect quality things.

I actively hate these.
Not because they're popular or whatever the fuck, but because they sell cheap knockoff versions of these at my local store and kids buy them then throw the packaging on the sidewalk in a several block radius.

Born in 1996 here. When 9/11 happened I really had no real understanding of what was going on. In my mind there were "bad guys" kind of like Team Rocket flying around in planes and dropping bombs. I asked my mom if the bad guys knew where my grandma lived and she said no. Other than that nothing sunk in at the time.

Come on, before YouTube you'd get a lot of those kids saying they wanted to be a famous athlete or movie star and that their hero was

>Born a few years before 9/11
>Living in Italy at the time
>The towers fall and my mother and father learn about it but never tell me or my younger sister
>Living unaware that many people died on what was just a regular day
>Don't learn about the attacks till 2003 in school on 9/11
>Classmate reactions are somewhat like pic related when I asked about it.

Before I came back to America, Italy didn't really change, life went on like nothing happened.

I mean I can't blame you it was probably a place you hadn't heard of before and it was just on TV

>Watching cartoons or tv in the 90's.
>Kid MC's parents have a flashback to their youth:
>It's set in the 60's and 70's: disco, Woodstock, flower power, hippie stereotypes, etc.

>Watching cartoons or tv in the late 00's and '10s.
>Kid MC's parents have a flashback to their youth:
>It's set in the 80's and 90's.

I'm turning 26, and knowing that their are kids who are graduating high school, going to college, joining the military or the work force who never experienced things like oldschool Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network, One Saturday Morning, Fox Kids, Pokemania, having to change batteries for your Game Boy, rewinding VHS tapes, etc- just BAFFLES me.

1991, here. I remember 9/11 and what came after, but, to be honest, I never really paid attention to politics or the world outside of childhood before my dad gave me subscriptions to Mad Magazine when I was 12. Really, I only remember the Bush-Gore presidential race of 2000, but that's it. What was I supposed to notice as a kid, besides cartoons, toys and vidya?

I have very vague memories of being in the Twin Towers when I was a kid, visiting my grandmother who lived in Spanish Harlem. I think the Looney Toones mug with the WTC on it came from the gift shop, there.

>used to play Minecraft back in the golden years
>one of my favorite games at the time, put dozens of hours into a single world
>mfw I can recall the exact moment the game turned to utter shit and the youtube e-celebs swarmed its corpse like flies

It was the biomes update.

Anytime I think about how shows like Adventure Time and Regular show are already 7 years old now. 2012 still feels like it was just last year.

I actually use Let's Plays to watch extended gameplay of a game, to determine whether or not to buy it. If it looks fun and it's cheap, I get it, but if it annoys me I ignore the game. I actually got Baldur's Gate because of SorcererDave's playthrough.

More often than not, I don't actually watch them, just put them down as background noise when I draw or build and organize my art reference folder.

Yes, but I've felt old and out of touch ever since the fifth grade so it doesn't really have much impact anymore.

I do watch Let's Plays but I actually have to like the player to keep watching their stuff.

I'm 20

The Adventure TIme pilot was like 2007

Youtube "celebs".
I'll never understand how people look at a youtube thumbnail, see some dumbass 20-something making a goofy face with a question for a title, and think that this must be quality entertainment.

One the people I play MtG with. He turned 21 this year. When I turned 21, he was 12. All the stuff he watches on YouTube, the music, etc, it's just all so alien to me. I mean, I never thought I was "in" but I realized how "out" I am, especially now.

Of course then I play MtG with some people in their 60s and even one guy in their 70s every once in awhile and feel like a baby again.

People tend to get into trouble for killing children and tourists, user.

I just transitioned from liking late 90s to 00s cartoon network cartoons to only really caring about adult swim cartoons like venture brothers and aqua teen hunger force since the new stuff in my opinion has been lame.

I was in high school learning Japanese at the time. One of the things we did in Japanese class, as we were more advanced students at the time, was translate children's letters to their Japanese pen pals for them back and forth.

I got a letter a few days afterwards about a kid talking about it asking of the Japanese students heard about it. In the letter the kid was talking about how a couple planes flew into the a couple buildings and a lot of people died.

That day I learned the kanji for death and I'll never forget how I learned it.

what a story mark

i learnt it just cuz i like the number 4..

>2012 still feels like it was just last year.
Gravity Fall premiered that summer.
The series finale was a year ago.

SpongeBob's first episode [Help Wanted] aired in 1999.

18 years ago.

Damn this is some heavy stuff.

I'm sorry but the last line is cracking me up. Sounds like something out of a bad, over dramatic anime. Not your fault I can't help but read it that way.

My brain got scrambled so I don't remember anything properly anymore.

Lately, in Same VA threads when I post some moderately well known connection no one notices, but someone posting Phil Lamarr gets a dozen replies.

When I'm stupid enough to watch one of those "10 Facts You Didn't Know About [character/franchise]" and I'm aware of every single one, but the comments section is full of kidlets who are surprised the Hulk used to be gray.

Damn, that's really depressing. I mean, it's not like things were perfect pre-2001, but I am so glad I'm old enough to remember a time before endless wars in the Middle East, reality TV, internet culture leaking into everyday life, multi-gender politics and all the other dumb shit that got started in the 00s.

anything new that sucks but this fucking site finds enjoyable

seriously, you fucks
good cartoons died a long time ago
and most of what you loved is gone off the air, almost gone or not talked about anymore

like, AT, who is still talking about that?
who the fuck REALLY cares about stupidass fat kid Steven Universe? fuck that shit

your goddamn adults, watch good shit that hasn't existed for 15-25 years!

also, the quality, if you wanted to know, is the fucking reason why. everything is so damn samey and you faggots treat it like its actually fucking good. fuck you all!

dude, i've seen at LEAST 10 people selling these at stands like they are fucking phone covers

normiebook internet culture and the fact that a lot of people don't remember older cartoons
>Born in 95
>Can't remember 9/11