Why does this guy never get any love on here?

Why does this guy never get any love on here?

Has anyone on Sup Forums read it or is this board just for Steven Universe now?

just for SU and Marvel movies

I happen to own the crossover with Dredd. Good times.

dont forget constant flavor of the month waifu fagging and SJ support groups

Checks out. I hate that anything branded edgy is dismissed as shit.
Nice. Where did you come across that? I'm contemplating ordering the hardback omnibus soon.

Was this that anniversary comic?

I my defense, its been a while since I perused my comic collection. Its actually the one with him and Savage Dragon. Got it at a flea market for fifty cents and is probably worth less.

Because Watchmen is too edgy for Sup Forums these days.

Oh, I thought you just had one I'd never heard of.
Aren't those printed in black and white or something?

Yessir. Beautiful ink, though.

Does that mean Sup Forums like the type of heroes the creators of Marshal Law and Watchmen hate?

Well people are hype for Rebirth, so yes.

I hate this board.
On a side note, if I like Watchmen and Preacher, would Supergod be worth checking out?

Bump

not enough people have read it an Mills can be a turn off for people not used for unusual writing styles. Plus autism, cant mock superheroes no sir.

Good on you tho OP.

He's joshin you fellas, close to that ever happening is a very brief cameo in a Christmas special of 2000AD (a very shite one at that).

Or not, you should check out the hellraiser crossover should you get a chance

mills doesn't hate superheroes, just what they stand for in some cases.

I mean the first story was more about the death of the American Ideal using Public Spirit to display the themes rather then just a mockery of the genre.

I'm tempted to say Mills knows more about superheroes then most of Sup Forums. I still love how the first guy to show up in the whole thing was a Faux-Shadow.

I've found the deluxe omnibus locally, is it worth $42? I've read bits and prices of Marshal Law and loved it. I normally hate superhero comics, with my most hated being superman and batman, but I thought this was really good.

Hardback btw

well that depends, i got my copy signed for only half that price but then its not hardcover and i think the hardback has a interview my copy doesn't.

On top of that there are a few stories missing which is a shame as the crossovers are quite good, with the last half of the Hellraiser one being absolutely excellent.

Really i say torrent it before you buy it and then decide if your ok with the missing tales.

Its a shame you hate superhero comics, but if you're looking for more down to earth DC stuff like Law, i recommend Enemy Ace: War Idyll, one of the most beautiful comics i have the pleasure of owning and has a faintly similar vibe to aspects of Law.

Thanks for the recommendation. I like Judge Dress and I liked Punisher and Fury MAX, but I never got into actual superhero comics I wish Law had some mainstream crossovers.

A better watchmen than watchmen.
You can spot a pleb a mile away if he prefers watchmen over marshal law

Law feels much more self aware. How did watchmen catch on more?

I've got a signed copy of the hardback.

read more mills comics and honestly, there's some good superhero shit out there (but most of its from the 80's and 90's).

I think Mills is working on a new book actually.

Ought to mention there's a trilogy of novels that are pretty good, though its notable that mills is a better comic writer then novelist.

Well they're completely different animals But you ain't wrong.

Honestly i wish Snyder made a ML film rather then a Watchmen one, would of been a far better fit for him.

Would all the cringy kids who interpret it wrong be wearing barbed wire or gimp masks instead of smiley face pins?

eh fuck it, if anyone's about tomorrow ill story time one of the shorter tales, probably the one with Private Eye.
lucky bugger

If it brings proper punk back in fashion i'm all for it brother

I'll be around to read it. Never seen Law story timed on here.

someone did all of it two or so years back, probably Preacher user of Judge user

The original arc with Public Spirit is pretty decent edginess. The Kingdom of the Blind story is trying a bit too hard to take a piss on the Batman mythos, and isn't nearly as good; everything past that is the purest shit.

How well did that go over with all the Sup Forums SJWs?

>not getting a kick out of the secret tribunal or the hateful dead

you are right though, nothing did surpass the original.

to quote an earlier comment
>not enough people have read it an Mills can be a turn off for people not used for unusual writing styles. Plus autism, cant mock superheroes no sir.

Ergo, not many people were in the thread to read it, other then those who actually appreciate the medium, as it goes with most storytimes of stuff that's older then 20 yrs.

Hateful Dead has its moments (ie Law's dad screaming to Law "Why didn't you get a real job?!" while zombies were attacking, the crazy take on the Golden Age heroes combined with Hollywood Babylon) and I loved the research done but I felt like it was the weakest of the non-crossover stories.

>close to that ever happening is a very brief cameo in a Christmas special of 2000AD (a very shite one at that).

Is this that anniversary story where on the first page Law and Dredd meet?

honestly, weakest for me is Secret Tribunal, went on a bit to long and dragged a little thought the parodies were on point.
aye that's it

Is Law still as relevant today as when it came out? Content wise, not fanbase wise.

If it any too mainstream it not gonna be here regardless of how good or bad it is.

Some stories like secret tribunal are a little dated due to what they're satirising, but the initial story is possibly more relevant now than it has been since it was first published.

>I wish Law had some mainstream crossovers.

There were plans for Law and Batman to crossover, but it was going to be an Elseworlds Batman so Mills and O'Neill would've been free to do whatever.

>Mills and O'Niel kill batman

>it was going to be an Elseworlds Batman so Mills and O'Neill would've been free to do whatever.
God it would have been an orgasm. I would have read the living fuck out of it.

Generally speaking, no. A lot of the setup doesn't really work since the post-Vietnam mindset more or less died with 9/11. Relevancy is more or less dependent on the story in question, but the setting, background, and some of the themes are pretty dated.

I think Mills really should do an update, unconnected to the original.

Do you think Mills would ever want to do an update? That'd be amazing

I don't know. I mean I guess if he wants to do the Hollywood thing maybe, but I think it'd lose something.

I'll be shocked if the next book isn't a MCU parody

I don't know if anyone in Hollywood would think it's a good idea for a Marshal Law movie. I guess it's not impossible with all the grimdark capeshit coming out. It might be too over the top for a movie.

Directly doing the Hollywood thing would be pretty low hanging fruit. The sanitization of violence and overt politicizing of comics would be better topics and allow thematic connections between the update and the original.

I don't know, I mean Seth Rogen wants to do The Boys, and that's a book that's very very fucking influenced by Marshal Law.

Does he want to do it as a series or movie? Hopefully it won't turn out like preacher.

>mills doesn't hate superheroes,

YES HE DOES

O'Neil has said he's OK with them but Mills despises them...or more precisely the AMERICAN ones.

Aye except if you read the interviews with him on his work like the dead wire stuff and even just the work itself in which it covers the most obscure of details, to say he hates them is plainly wrong.

O'Neil's a massive batfag apparently, so i'm sure he's more then OK with them.