Why did people complain about the Batgirl/Batman relationship in the Killing Joke?

Why did people complain about the Batgirl/Batman relationship in the Killing Joke?
Don't these casuals know that those two have always had a romatic relationship?

>nightwing has relationship with Bans then goes to bloodhaven
>tells Bruce his feelings for since college
>adoptive father still fucks his sons girlfriends
>gets her pregnant
>babe tells Bruce not to tell Dick because she should be the one to do it
>he does it anyway
>Batfamily ruined because of pussy

The thing soured me on the whol DCAU. It was unnecessary because they could of broken the Batfamily up in a better way. Also didn't Dick become a gym teacher or something? While Babs married a black dude and became everything they wanted

Bruce Timm pls, no one likes your shitty ship

how about fuck off, Timm

even Dini's WonderBat shipping was better than this horseshit

So that shitty ship isn't present in the comic?

It's in the comics based on the DCAU universe but no it's not a thing otherwise

I meant specifically in The Killing Joke, because that ruined the animation.

Gee user it's not like The Killing Joke is one of the best-selling comics of all time and readily available both in print and online from multiple sources, perhaps you could try reading something before asking stupid questions.

To be fair, that comic is also hot garbage, not worth the 10 USD I spent on my copy. Maybe if it had the original inking, but it didn't, so the whole comic kind of falls apart and turns into a big fat nothing.

that is also a fair assessment

You need English lessons, almost-Satan.

Sorry, I was working tech in back of the ambulance today. That and autocorrect really fucks with me.

>your EMT might be shitposting on Sup Forums as you get driven the hospital
the internet is a strange place

>autocorrect
Fuck off, phoneposter.
Your kind is the worst.

Friendly reminder that When Barbara Gordon was introduced as Batgirl in the late 60's she was 25 years old and had a doctorate in library science working as head of Gotham City Public Library. It was important at the time to show her an independent and older career woman.

In relation to the age gap at the time Batman was 31 and Robin was 18. So there was a 6 year gap between her and Batman as well her and Robin.

The whole idea of their triangle was that Barbara had a crush on Batman and would try to flirt with him despite being ignored, while Robin had a crush on her which flattered her despite her thinking that he was being too young for her. So Barbara would flirt with both knowing that both scenarios was hopeless and wrong.

Then she met Jason Bard and got engaged with him not much later becoming a congresswoman.

Despite the Crisis on Infinite Earths reboot, that turned her into James Gordon's niece, her age and past history was kept intact. It was only in the late 90's that writers started to push her and Dick as OTP and retconning her past to be closer to him in age and relation.

>he didn't buy it with the original colors
Well that's your own damn fault.

Because it was fucking weird. The first half hour was about Batgirl working through her crush on Batman, then raping him.

We get a ton of downtime in between calls. I know some medics bring in their Nintendo Switch or we watch movies if its a slow day.

Also never call and ambulance unless you like a $400 bill because you were to lazy to drive yourself to the hospital.

what if I break both my legs and/or other limbs

We will put some $10 splints on you then strap you down to the stretcher and put oxygen on you so we don't have to hear you scream the whole way to ER. While on the way to the hospital I would be asking you for your insurance card while I try to make small talk to make it seem like I'm doing something.

After the paperwork is done I will then proceed to look through my trauma bag and lie to you about pain medications (because medics can't administer you any pain meds. Even if we're fire department emergency units.)

Just call a family member to pick you up.

>It was only in the late 90's that writers started to push her and Dick as OTP and retconning her past to be closer to him in age and relation.
Interesting. Who started it and why?

Why are you so useless

The DCAU crew had nothing to do with that comic despite it taking place in the same universe.

Because we are glorified nurses with less schooling. We get sued for everything and have to deal with people shitting on us and vomiting all over us everyday. I even had a gang banger who wasn't strapped down enough scoop up some blood from his knife wound and launch it at the officer who was assisting me. He kept screaming he had Aids.

I do administer meds to transfer patients. Especially cancer patients since knocking them out on the way to their primary healthcare facilities usually cause them extreme amounts of pain.

Friendly Reminder Barbara is actually Alfred's niece in the Schumacher/Burton universe.

I had to use you guys both times I got run over on my bike. Fucking miami I got lucky though and never had anything broken. Even when some bitch rode my leg over on an suv.

during the pre-crisis time Barbara was a 25 year old congresswoman while Dick was still an awkward teenager. Barbara found his constant show-boating and posturing "cute", but had no romantic feelings for him. Meanwhile Dick had a crush on her, but that was mostly because he was a teen and had a crush on every girl.

It was only after the cartoon that writers started to retcon Babs age a little and shower in the Nightwing solo.
Fans liked and dc retcon Babs age even more in batgirl year one

and blonde

DC received major complaints during the 70's when they showed Batgirl kissing Robin in their BATMAN FAMILY title. In the story Batgirl kissed Robin only so she could shut him up, since he had started to demean and put her down for being a woman and novice. The kiss was an attempt to embarrass him and show to him that actually in that scenario he was the one who was just a kid and a novice.

Even then tons of readers wrote back to DC feeling weirded out by the story and specially by the kiss, since they all regarded Batgirl, a mature woman and accomplish woman, while Robin was just a dumb teenager minor full of himself.

More

Huh that's pretty cool user my dad is a paramedic tho he no longer works in the field heworks inside of the hospital so he could spin more time with me and the rest of the family