Wonder Woman Leaps Past $300 Million at Global Box Office

>Following a record-breaking Thursday debut, an impressive early week outing and an optimistic weekend prediction, the good news continues to roll in for Patty Jenkins’ Wonder Woman. According to a report from Forbes, DC’s latest film has sailed past the $300 million mark at the global box office after just a week of ticket sales.

>Heading into the weekend, Wonder Woman is sitting comfortably as the 14th highest worldwide grossing film of 2017 and number nine in North American receipts, coming in just ahead of M. Night Shyamalan’s Split on both fronts. According to the analysis by Forbes, if Wonder Woman meets its weekend expectations it will overtake the number five spot and be in spitting distance of Logan — which currently holds the number three spot.

>Given that the only real competition for the top weekend box office spot is Universal’s The Mummy, it’s likely that the projections will hold. And while there is a fair amount of box office competition coming down the pike, not the least of which being Spider-Man: Homecoming and War of the Planet of the Apes, its entirely plausible that Wonder Woman will reach year’s end as the third biggest domestic grosser, and possibly worldwide.

cbr.com/wonder-woman-global-box-office-earnings-opening-weekend

Other urls found in this thread:

deadline.com/2016/11/doctor-strange-marvel-trolls-china-benedict-cumberbatch-overseas-results-international-box-office-weekend-1201849687/
hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-preview-wonder-woman-bury-mummy-1011526
desuarchive.org/co/search/text/meanie poopyhead/
deadline.com/2017/06/tom-cruise-the-mummy-best-global-box-office-opening-of-career-1202109289/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Wonder Woman 2 news when?

I'm glad it's doing so well. It's nice to have proof of what a dead weight Snyder was to the DCEU.

>Doing worse than every DCEU movie thus far
>An achievement

>DCEU
Its even doing worse than Dr. Strange

still a shit MCU copy though. A female Superhero movie is just novelty, if Black Widow had a movie first, people wouldn't even bother with this.

all of those other DCEU movies were ensemble casts. Is it really fair to judge solo act like Wonder Woman to movies titled Batman V Superman or Suicide Squad?

>still a shit MCU copy though.
can't be, it was actually good and didn't quip every 30 seconds.

it's hilarious how much this is flopping and this weekend's when it gets it's DC drop of 80% and gets crushed by The Mummy

DC is dying and JUSTass League will finish it and end this nightmare

>Is it really fair to judge solo act like Wonder Woman to movies titled Batman V Superman or Suicide Squad?
What about Man of Steel?

>its entirely plausible that Wonder Woman will reach year’s end as the third biggest domestic grosser, and possibly worldwide.
That is beyond reaching
>Cars 3
>Homecoming
>Justice League
>Transformers
>Planet of the Apes
>Pirates
>Despicable Me 3
>Star Wars
To look at that list and think "yeah it could top out in 3rd place" is beyond fucking stupid.
Car 3, Star Wars, Homecoming will all be fighting for top spot with WW likely gonna be 6th or lower.

didn't even watch the stupid thing did you DC shill

>it was actually good
Sup shill

oh hey mouse shills. Hard at work?

It'll do fine. Nobody gives a shit about Tom Cruise of the Mummy remake except for foreigners.

In what universe is this good? She needs to have already cleared 500 for it to have even said shot because as soon as June hits we are hitting wave after wave of massive billion making films like Transformers, Cars,and so forth.

No it isn't. Why lie? it had a much bigger opening than Doctor Strange and it's weekday Box office has been better than GOTG2

>it had a much bigger opening than Doctor Strange
Nope. It only did better domestically and not by much
> and it's weekday Box office has been better than GOTG2
Now who's lying their asses off?

it's not about people wanting to see the mummy it's about people not wanting to see a DC movie to the point where it has a massive drop that makes the mummy look like a massive success

It's a more apt comparison, but MoS got lucky with what was able to get because of post-Nolan hype and nobody knew what they were in for. We'll see in time as June passes.

deadline.com/2016/11/doctor-strange-marvel-trolls-china-benedict-cumberbatch-overseas-results-international-box-office-weekend-1201849687/
>‘Doctor Strange’ Makes Magic With $325.5M WW;
>$325.5M

Is this the extent of DC? Its third pillar can't even beat Marvels Z-lister? Pathetic

>and it's weekday Box office
Oh goody it's BvS all over again. Are we going to hear about thrilling record breaking Monday showings?

>this weekend's when it gets it's DC drop of 80% and gets crushed by The Mummy

hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-preview-wonder-woman-bury-mummy-1011526

>he doesn't know
Mein Fuhrer...

>It's nice to have proof of what a dead weight Snyder was to the DCEU.

>Movie ends
>Looks at Credits
>Co Written by Zack Snyder
inb4
>lol buh..but Geoff Johns

Yeah its "historic" 100 million opening from a female director

>it had a much bigger opening than Doctor Strange
Strange made 25ish million more and it was up against mother fucking Harry Potter shit that stole the month. Wonder Woman has 0 competition in theaters atm (just like every fucking DCEU film) and is doing about the same/a little worse. Also I'm with and come next month it's crashing down hard.

Don't you get it user? WW making anything is a "groundbreaking" achievement

It'll do well, why do m_____shills want this movie to do bad again? Sad pathetic low life betas

This

thinly veiled misogyny

And all Doctor Strange had to do was be copy Iron Man and tailor itself for chinese box office draw power.

>And all Doctor Strange had to do was be copy Iron Man
And all Wonder Women did was copy The First Avenger

It's up against Pirates of the Caribbean

who the fuck still cares about pirates of the caribbean

it's just faux spoopy enough to draw away parents of young kids too

the best part is this is going to make so much more and be better reviewed

>Wonder Woman has 0 competition in theaters atm (just like every fucking DCEU film)
for me that's why I can't hold any hope with any of this shit they make, even BvS when faced with Cap3 rolled back months to one of the deadest times for theaters of the year and it just shows a constant lack of faith in the product.

Pirates of the Caribbean has been on a slippery slope for years and each film has made less than the previous ones and Johnny Deep's recent escapades have made him box office poison. It was always a series Disney pushed as a vehicle for international profits anyways.

>patriotic cladded hero set in a world war! you can't do that!

>each film has made less than the previous ones
False, the 4th is the second highest grossing one.

It's doing the same weekday numbers as age of ultron

I didn't expect that

Post more Gal

I doubt it. WW just came out at the right time and was something the DCEU desperately needed Marvel won't have the same time of blessing with Captain Marvel unless they really try.

This film was so good

Pirates has already made half a billion.

I meant domestically

Is /oursteve/ Steve coming back?

>It's doing the same weekday numbers as age of ultron
Cool horseshit bro

What? is there some rule that states that only movies can be released in the cluster fuck that is the summer blockbuster season? Only a retard would throw their movie to the wolves that is the summer season, & a bigger fool to try to release close within Star Wars Hype.

It was.

You say this but they made Dr.Strange a successes. Even five years ago I would have argued that couldn't work.

>Wonder Woman might make more on it's second weekend than BvS did
>BvS had literally zero competition
How will Snyderfags spin this?

Of course.

Better put Snyder on suicide watch.

Wonder Woman also has no competition, no one cares about The Mummy. But Wonder Woman also has the advantage of not being rancid shit.

That shit is never getting made. cant even get a script to work for that cancerous character

Whoa, what a comeback.

of course

I want wonder woman to break my dick like she breaks rifles.

>I can't google simple shit
Fuck off retard, use your common sense and google it.

Age of Ultron
Monday
>$13 million
Tuesday
>$13 million
Wednesday
>$9 million

Wonder Woman
Monday
>$11 million
Tuesday
>$14 million
Wednesday
>$9 million

Superhero trash is incapable of being good.
They are focus tested, factory made movies where the only thing that changes is the main character.
You could change the character of any of these terrible, modern superhero movies and the general structure would be the exact same.

Good for DC that they learned to bribe reviewers like Marvel.

Nah, he's right, this movie is such a success due to all the circumstances aligning for it, leading to a 2-2,5/5 movie be lauded as a second dark knight.

No body gives a wet shit about the mummy except butt hurt mouseketeers who feel threatened by a movie starring a skinny jewess for whatever reason I'm not sure.

Considering TDK was a 2-2,5/5 too, I can see why they say WW is as good as it.
5/10 is the biggest, objective score capeshit can get to because nobody works in them out of passion, it's all because of money, and it shows.
Different directors for every movie, and none incorporates their own style, because they barely have any control over those movies.

is this a b8 thread or are you all actually retarded ?

You can not like The Mummy all you want (I think it looks like shit) but it's also a major Hollywood blockbuster by a major studio. It's objectively competition.

The only new movies that came out on BvS's second weekend were God's Not Dead 2 and Meet the Blacks

Is this the future? Hiding T&A in acts of feminismrara?

whoa, took you long enough to counter my snappy retort.

>mouseketeers
>DCfriends
Sup Forums, can you please stop being manchildren and stop talking as if you were Todd Flanders?
What's next, "meanie poopyhead"?

The reason female super hero movies have failed in the past is due to Hollywood's stupidity and ineptitude. Case in point Catwoman removing the anti-hero aspect of the character and making the story about cosmetics, because Hollywood execs believe that's "women's stuff".

Dude, they are actually discussing superhero movies on the internet instead of forgetting about them hours after watching them, they are manchildren.

you're going to meme this shit now?
desuarchive.org/co/search/text/meanie poopyhead/

OP is probably bait yeah

>TDK was 2-2,5.5
Yea, well, as far as capeshit goes tdk was pretty high up there for me, and a lot of other people from what I've heard. Do you really think WW and TDK are equally mediocre?

I will until you all stop fighting over these terrible movies, or at least, until you stop "attacking" each other with something that only the most feminized numales would consider an insult.

Lol i wasnt any of those posters. Just had to chime in, you're lame man.

Its budget was also around half that of BvS's. $149 million vs $300 million... both gross.

>bitching about anonymous bitching about nerd shit on a nerd site
Wow you totally sound like you're a stable individual and not a complete spaz at all!

Captain America 3 and Batman vs Superman were suppose to do just that. Disney put Cap on the same launch week as BvS. That was how much faith they had in their product. Then, almost like they just knew what they had on their hands, WB pushed BvS up to the weakest point in the year for ticket sales.
Dr.Strange did this as well dropping it's date months after Fantastic Beast was announced.
Thor went up against Pirates and did well
First Avenger faced off with Transformers 3

And WB has done this too having Dark Knight Rises face off with Amazing Spider man 2

Only a studio holding onto a pile of shit would fear competition.

As movies, they are.
The Dark Knight borderline forgets that it's supposed to be a Batman movie in pose of telling a police drama, only Batman Begins genuinely felt like a Batman movie.
TDK sporadically has Batman, while TDKR completely forgets it's supposed to be Batman movie up until the last 15 minutes.

In capeshit, of course they are high up, but the fact that these movies need to be counted in their own ratings just shows how low the standard is.

mediocre is being generous

>I-I wasn't those guys!
sure

>Only a studio holding onto a pile of shit would fear competition.

The movie was okay.
Gadot is still ugly and a bad actress though.
Change her and the movie would improve a lot.

When you aim your big money product to be released in the weakest parts of the year you are broadcasting how poor you think it would hold up to real competition.

>The movie was okay.
nope

I liked the movie, felt like it was on par with anything marvel's put out.

Well then, I guess I'm just a happy pleb who can enjoy a movie while knowing full well that it's dumb entertainment, without comparing it to things it was never supposed to be. TDKR is utter shit though, dunno why even bring it up.

>its entirely plausible that Wonder Woman will reach year’s end as the third biggest domestic grosser, and possibly worldwide.

What drugs were the people who wrote this doing? Because I want some.

We already know it won't catch Beauty and the Beast or GotG2, Pirates is killing it overseas like the last one, there's a Spider-Man film, a frickin' Star Wars movie, not to mention Justice League.

It' will probably finish in the lower end of the top 10, which is pretty nice for Patty. But come on.

They don't fear having a pile of shit, all capeshits are piles of shit, there's just studios who regret not marketing the movie better.
Even BvS, which got panned, made almost a billion.
Name alone sells.
None of these studios cares about quality, aside from the quality of their marketing campaign since it's easier to throw money onto big ads rather than making a good movie.
Don't know what happened in so little time, just 10 years ago the big blockbusters were movies like LOTR.
Now it's just X-Men 40, Marvel movie with RDJ forced somewhere 30, WB's 10th movie made with the hopes people forget who Christopher Nolan is...

>felt like it was on par with anything marvel's put out.
And that's the problem.
Now they will limit themselves to copy Marvel's formula, and now all superhero movies will be the exact same movie with different character names.

>without comparing it to things it was never supposed to be
Good movies?
We know they will not.

>I guess I'm just a happy pleb who can enjoy a movie while knowing full well that it's dumb entertainment
Be happy, and avoid everything that's not capeshit and blockbusters like Transformers.

Why wasn't the color in the movie as bright as in OP?

>Now they will limit themselves to copy Marvel's formula, and now all superhero movies will be the exact same movie with different character names.
This.
Welcome to the age of procedurally generated capeshit.

It was easily First Avenger level, and more satisfying than Thor.
I'll readily agree it's on par with any of the MCU opening acts.

those summer blockbuster seasons get their name because that's when people are out in theaters at the highest, second being the Christmas holiday.
Yes you can launch them outside of that window but you are basically saying your product can't generate sales for one reason or another so you go for low hanging fruit

>doesn't like pure comicbook cheesiness

Fuck off back to Sup Forums

But First Avenger was a really weak movie.
Had an entertaining first act, but afterwards it completely falls apart.
Is this one like that?

>no one cares about The Mummy
Not in America, however:
deadline.com/2017/06/tom-cruise-the-mummy-best-global-box-office-opening-of-career-1202109289/

Globally its looking really strong.

worse

>topping 93%
>first entry in the MCU making much money without RDJ in it

I didn't think it would happen but Wonder Woman clearly won this battle and I don't even need to wait for Captain Marvel to know this

>Welcome to the age of procedurally generated capeshit.
Infinitely superior to the overly self-conscious clown show that is Goyer and Snyder.