This isn't bad at all. I enjoyed this

This isn't bad at all. I enjoyed this.

Well good for you

Bland as oatmeal. At least ASM2 was like Oatmeal that somebody tried pouring 8 different kinds of cereal into- mostly garbage but every now and then you could taste something that might have been good.

>Food analogy

Very good user.

It was OKAY, it was a bit blandish but as a mandatory intro/origin film I was willing to forgive it since it was giving me a proper asshole/wise cracking Spidey with decent action and actually moved around in a Spider-Man fashion, assuming things would get a lot more interesting with the character/world establishing shit out of the way

Then they fucked up

Oh, and I hated the Lizard's design...they should have gone full lizard instead of trying to make it more realistic/human looking

Literally the best Spidey movie.

Its not bad, but its not good either.

Its a twilight-y version of the first Raimi movies and arguably does nothing better.

>and arguably does nothing better.
Well yeah, but it's a nice little movie nonetheless. To me, anyway.

web shooters

except spider-man actually tell fucking jokes?

Who cares about that though?

>Did your husband make that for you?

Because Peter Parker is supposed to be a genius in his own right and invent them, you fucking faggot.

They were really bad jokes though.

He could not have been more annoying during that car thief scene.

"BOYS IN BLUE HEAAAH" yeah, fuck off.

>and invent them
He didn't invent the web goop though IRRC.

And Peter is very smart in the Raimi movies. Remember him and Otto?
>smart but lazy

>Its a twilight-y version of the first Raimi movies and arguably does nothing better.

Asshole Spidey
Web shooters
Better action/actually moved around in what's become the iconic Spidey fashion
Creative use of webbing
Wasn't trying to combine a confusing blend of both modern and old school maudlin aesthetics

Yeah, so glad they decided to remember that he's a genius in the sequel. That sure makes fucking up a foundation of his character just peachy. Fuck yourself.

Also, McGuire is a shitty actor.

>Also, McGuire is a shitty actor.
Damn, this is a bad opinion.

As is this.

>Who cares about that though?
peter having web coming from his body is horrofying.
I mean who even thought it wuthout feeling a bit odd? Then again the green goblin turned some dudes into skelletons with a light granade and otto fucking killed the doctors cutting them into pieces.

>peter having web coming from his body is horrofying.
Yeah, but it's actually more like a Spider than a fucking piece of tech.

My apologies to Mr. McGuire. I meant Maguire.

So you're just some faggot from Sup Forums who got tired of talking about capeshit on Sup Forums, huh.

>every aspect of the comics are perfect and no change could possibly be for the better
hmmm

Agreed, Spider-Man is already pretty much perfect.

You're still wrong. Watch Pleasantville.

>Agreed
You might be slow.

My only complaints about ASM1
>>Why does he wear sneakers?
>>Why is Peter so unlikable
>>The Lizard has a perfect desing from the 90s...why is it used so rarely

Otherwise it was a pretty good spidy flick. Garfields spider-man was fantastic. I thought the story was well told for being a bit formulaic.

Now ASM2... that deserves the hate it gets.

Also it just feels terribly tone def to be releasing spidy movies outside of a shared universe where Spidy is basically the main character. What? Fight me. Spidy is to Marvel what Batman is to DC.

nah

You're definitely slow, m8

Iron Man is to the MCU what Batman is to the DCEU though.

no u

The new Spider Man movie isn't going to cement Spidey as a cornerstone of the MCU, I don't think.
It doesn't look good.

>Asshole Spidey
Why would ever want that
>Web shooters
Its cool, but its honestly a really minor thing given that Raimi showed us Peter was smart anyway
>Better action/actually moved around in what's become the iconic Spidey fashion
I'll give you this, but I also think that has more to do with the natural evolution of CGI. The only fight that really stands out to me is when they're in the high school and that ENTIRE scene was CGI.
>Creative use of webbing
Again, the high school scene and natural evolution of CGI.
>Wasn't trying to combine a confusing blend of both modern and old school maudlin aesthetics
wut

I will never get over Uncle Ben dying over chocolate milk.

This movie rushed to the Spider-man part for no reason. If you're going to do a remake, do it right.

It's not great and the sequel was better but honestly I feel like there's a lot of undeserved nostalgia for Raimi's movies. He had a very specific and not very accurate version of Peter that was just too wimpy and too saintly to endure or be considered faithful.

Having said that, yeah, ASM's got a shitload of problems.

>Why would ever want that
Clearly you don't read comic books.
>wut
All of the dialogue in the Raimi film was really awkward, it was clearly trying to evoke a sense of "1960s ham", but it was set in the modern day, even Parker's persona as a poindexter was outdated and just didn't fit with a modern narrative
If they wanted to go that route they would have been better off setting it in the 1960s

OP here, I like the Raimi movies a lot more, I just think ASM is fine and enjoyable too.
Raimi is more zany and offbeat, while Webb is a super slick music video director. Both are skilled, but one is more creative.

>Why is Peter so unlikable

He was alright. I don't get the hate.

only good thing about Raimi's movies was Jameson and Dafoe's general performance

No.

If you're going to renew your film license, do it fast.

The first two Raimi movies are far far better than anything in the MCU.

Uncle Ben is supposed to die over something petty.

Then again the original cut had a better version of it.

>>>Why is Peter so unlikable
Because that's who he is.
Peter's really kind of a dick. Even his friends and other superheroes tend to call him annoying at times.
Raimi turned him into Clark Kent and poisoned a generation of people into thinking he's this put upon Urkel cliche.

Hey now, accurate or not, Raimiman is a good character.

Eh... He's a tad too morose for me.

He acted to much like an average teenager. Peter has always been a bit more mature then his peers, and only lowers himself to their level when his emotions get the better of him. I didnt get a sense of that from Garfields Parker.

Iron Man was better than all the Raimi movies combined.

>It doesn't look good.
It does to me. I've seen no genuine complaints, only memeing about too much Iron Man and not muh loner Spidey and whining about racebending.

>It's not great and the sequel was bette
ASM2 is legitimately one of the worst comic book movies ever made.

He was in the first movie sure, but he didn't really develop out of it enough for my tastes.

And honestly a lot of the problems that plague ASM were present in the Raimi trilogy as well, which is why I'm a little confused as to why it gets deified while the other is hated. Remember that story where Bendis is watching the intial cut of movie and the suits get mad when he suggests Spidey actually make jokes?

Well, I like him. I think Maguire is an interesting actor. He's not a generic person. You switch actors for that role and the film is VERY different.

>Peter has always been a bit more mature then his peers
See that's funny because I'd argue Peter's got one of the worst cases of arrested development in capedom.

Iron Man 1 is the only good movie in the MCU, but it isn't better than SM1 or 2.
On par at best.
Too bad the MCU nosedived after that and never recovered.

I actually enjoy that Peter acts like a teenager, and I enjoyed the sense of wit and defiance that shined through like when he stood up to Flash. He felt more rounded-up to me.

>but he didn't really develop out of it enough for my tastes.
>Peter's got one of the worst cases of arrested development in capedom.

damn...

Wrong, wrong, and wrong. But I ain't gonna argue with you.

>I've seen no genuine complaints
No visual panche. Looks undercooked and bland visually like almost every digitally shot MCU movie.

The only good looking MCU movies are IM1, TIH, and possibly GotG.

Really?
Worse than Catwoman?
Worse than Elektra?
Worse than Fan4stic?
Worse than Superman IV?
Worse than Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III?
...Actually forget that last one it's a really guilty pleasure.

>implying the MCU ever produced another movie as good as IM1

Just look at OMD.
Rather than grow up and let his billion year old aunt finally rest in peace he's gotta unmake reality.

>Worse than Fan4stic?
This isn't that bad really. More like bland as hell, but it's not obnoxiously bad.

If it were more like a spider he'd be bending over like a whore and shooting the webs from his backside.

Think about that.

It's got basic camera continuity errors.

So what?
If that bugs you then shit like matte lines in old movies should bug you.

I can usually ignore it but it really took me out of the movie when Sue's hair would change length and color across two different scenes because of the reshoot wig.

Yeah, I don't see it. It looks fine to me.

>It looks fine
"Fine" being the operative word.

I should rephrase, I see no problems. I like it, it looks very dynamic and interesting, with some intense shots.

>I like it, it looks very dynamic and interesting, with some intense shots.
Have you seen the movie? because there is MAYBE 1 shot in all the trailers that is even remotely interesting (the Vulture dropping down shot).

Maybe we have different standards, because I always appreciate it when Spider-Man's acrobatics get visualized, so all the scenes of his acrobatic stunts in the trailer look great to me. Dodging Vulture by jumping off of him and flipping in twisting in mid-air, using his webs to make a sharp turn and crash through a narrow window and then slide on the floor, even when he strikes that pose mid-swing, I like all of those shots. There are also the shots where he's on the plane and then immediately following it in the crash, and his fight with Shocker. All of those look good to me.

>Better action
But that's wrong. In Raimi's Spider-Man punches actually felt like they hurt. In ASM fights are pretty much tension-less.

>not liking Donner-like atmosphere
It was at least consistent.
Meanwhile, ASM films have no atmosphere whatsoever due to the jarring tonal shifts. The movie can't decide whether it's trying to be as cheesy as Raimi or moody as discount Dark Knight.