New show from Adult Swim. It's already set for failure

New show from Adult Swim. It's already set for failure.

youtu.be/QMJvzESaIyo

>Set in a futuristic medieval society, the 2D-animated quarter-hour series centers on Paul Cassidy, an ordinary cop here on our Earth. But when the evil Dr. Benign transports him to another world, he becomes a new kind of hero. With the help of a magical suit and a set of talking gauntlets, he’s able to fight crime exactly the way he wants...and he’ll do it as Apollo Gauntlet!

Eh, it was one of the better pitches.

The villain show and the hindenburg explodes were way better

Eh, it's no Korgoth of Barbaria, but it's probably worth a chuckle.

All it needs is some clever-sounding wordplay written by stoners and you'll eat the shit up.

As someone who grew up watching He-Man and Thundercats, I'll give this a shot.

I loved it as youtube feature.

isn't that just Warrior of Skartaris except stupider?

Why are all of Adult Swims newer animated shows so fucking ugly?

>The villain show
The obnoxious Vine humor character ruined it. Not much else to say other than it had the most appealing art style.

I enjoyed it, but the formula would get old quickly. There's too much live-action meme shit anyways.

that art style is hideous

>Eh, it's no Korgoth of Barbaria
Nothing is. Nothing will ever be as good as Korgoth.

Jesus H. Christ, I haven't enjoyed [ass] in forever and it doesn't look like that's about to change anytime soon.

>It was either Korgoth or Venture Bros

God...damnit...

Instead of thinking of it as the hardest ultimatum, think of it as a win-win: we still got an excellent show.

Why are "adult" cartoons so allergic to having nice art?

My guess is that the old guard were 1: repurposing old cells designed by people actually trying and 2: made by people who could animate and draw competently because it was needed to be in animation at the time.
Both of those things are gone.

My problem with adult swim now is how their shows lack good art and humor

I let shows like Aqua Teen and Metalpocolyspe slide since they had good humor

and this is the same channel that gave us Super Jail

Fuck AS now nothing but edgy stoners well they were always edgy stoners but now they dont have any good shit

both of those at least had a coherent and consistent style. you can tell just by the OP image that the backgrounds and character models arent gonna match

the same could be said about most adult swim cartoons

I remember watching this on YouTube a good while back, back when animators still has hope on the platform. It was good stuff.

I doubt Disney'll pick this up for another season after dumping every single episode produced in less than a fortnight.

Here's hoping that Aaron Springer pitches another adult cartoon this time around. That's where his strengths are, comedically.

>me on the right