THE CURRENT STATUS OF THE DCEU

Justice League

>Joss Whedon was called to streamline the narrative after mixed reactions from test-screenings. WB is determined to make the movie a critical and commercial hit, especially after WONDER WOMAN was so praised. Superman’s storyline is being changed the most due to the criticisms that the character has gathered so far, and he’ll return to life with a much approachable personality and upbeat demeanor. Wonder Woman will also get more scenes due to her newfound popularity, but even beforehand the final battle would take place in Themyscira. Whedon is directing these reshoots due to Zack Snyder’s departure, and WB is courting him to direct a sequel.

Aquaman

>Currently filming. WB believes the movie can be as successful and profitable as WONDER WOMAN is at the moment. Plot centers on Aquaman and Mera joining forces to prevent Aquaman’s uncle Nereus from usurping the throne, while also fighting Black Manta, who is working for Nereus and wants revenge against Aquaman for the death of his father. Orm isn’t a villain yet but there are tensions between him and Aquaman and a love triangle between them and Mera.

Batgirl

>Script development. WB has fast-tracked it, but it might be delayed if Whedon accepts to direct JUSTICE LEAGUE 2. Envisioned as a lower budget, teenage appeal movie. Batgirl will be in high school. J.K. Simmons expected to appear. No word on Ben Affleck, though.

Justice League Dark.

>Script development. WB has fast-tracked the movie for a potential late 2018 release date. Andres Muschetti is the frontrunner to direct. Plot centers on John Constantine, Zatanna, Etrigan, Deadman and Swamp Thing fighting Anton Arcane. WB still wants to cast Colin Farrell as Constantine.

Other urls found in this thread:

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/wonder-woman-director-patty-jenkins-not-signed-sequel-1010845
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The Batman

>Script development. Matt Reeves just began developing the story with Geoff Johns and Chris Terrio. Deathstroke is still slated to play the villain, and Ben Affleck, Jeremy Irons, J.K. Simmons, Joe Manganiello and Jared Leto are locked in. Several classic villains are expected to appear, and Josh Gad, Haley Bennett, John Gleese and Anthony Hopkins have been approached to play the Penguin, Catwoman, William Wintergreen and Rupert Thorne, respectively.

The Flash

>Script development. Joby Harold wrote the latest draft, which features Barry Allen fighting the Rogues (Captain Cold, Mirror Master, Weather Wizard and Heatwave). They’re being reinvented as a rogue military unit that has stolen cutting-edge weapons technology from the government, and Barry’s accident is also being linked to a government experiment headlined by Jay Garrick. The Reverse Flash is alluded, but won’t appear in the first movie. WB is pursuing Robert Zemeckis to direct. Matthew Vaughn has already dropped out, and Tim Miller and Jordan Peele have also been approached.

Shazam

>Early development. Darren Lemke wrote the latest draft, which features Billy Batson being recruited by the wizard Shazam to stop his fallen champion Black Adam, before the two join forces to prevent Dr. Sivana from unleashing an accident monster, the Sabbac, in his mad pursue for magical power. It’s heavily inspired by Geoff Johns’ New 52 version, with Freddy Freeman and Mary Bromfield as Billy’s foster siblings. John F. Sandberg and Jordan Vogt-Roberts are the current frontrunners to direct.

Black Adam

>Early development. Dwayne Johnson wants to bring his frequent collaborators Brad Peyton and Carlton Cuse to work on the movie, which is slated to explore Black Adam’s life in ancient Egypt and feature Vandal Savage as the villain.

Nightwing

>Early development, with Chris McKay slated to direct based on a pitch featuring Nightwing fighting the Red Hood. The projection has lost traction recently, particularly after the TITANS TV show which also tentatively features Dick Grayson was greenlit. WB was also displeased with McKay's ideas for the project.

Gotham City Sirens

>Early development. Christina Hodson wrote the latest draft, which features Harley Quinn, Catwoman and Poison Ivy being manipulated and doublecrossed by Black Mask in the robbery of a shipment of Venom and joining forces to take him down. David Ayer is still slated to direct, but shooting, which was originally slated for late 2017, was delayed due to script issues and Ayer’s commitment to the SCARFACE reboot. Margot Robbie will return as Harley Quinn and so will Bennett should she accept to play Catwoman. Emily Blunt and Jessica Chastain are among studio picks for Poison Ivy.

Suicide Squad 2

>Early development. Adam Cozad wrote the latest draft, which ties in with GOTHAM CITY SIRENS and features the Suicide Squad being deployed to stop Bane’s Venom running empire in Santa Prisca. Killer Frost and Blockbuster are slated to join the team. Jaume Collet-Serra, Daniel Espinosa, Patrick Hughes and Niels Arden Oplev are in the running to direct. Mel Gibson already dropped out.

Man of Steel 2.

>Early development. WB is meeting with prospective writers to discuss story ideas, but directors have been approached yet. They want to use Brainiac as the villain.

Wonder Woman 2

>Fast-tracked due to WONDER WOMAN's success. Allan Heimberg and Patty Jenkins slated to return. The movie will be set on present day. There's no story yet other than Heimberg and Jenkins' basic outline of where they want to take it.

Green Lantern Corps.

>Early development. David Goyer and Justin Rhodes are writing the first draft of the script, which features Hal Jordan and John Stewart as rivals who are recruited to integrate the Green Lantern Corps and must learn how to work together as partners. In an effort to distance itself from the failed 2011 movie, Sinestro will not be featured at all, and the villains will be the Manhunters.

Cyborg

>Early development. WB is meeting with prospective writers to discuss story ideas, but directors have been approached yet. How much traction the project gets is entirely dependent on how well Cyborg ressonates with the audience once JUSTICE LEAGUE comes out. Grid is slated to be the villain.

Booster Gold

>The original version of the project written and directed by Greg Berlanti is dead. WB didn't like his ideas and they parted aways amicably. WB is now meeting with prospective writers to discuss now story ideas and "reshuffle" the project.

>Justice League Dark
I still don't believe this is going to happen. There's not even a JLD around anymore, right? Just fuckin' make a Swamp Thing movie. But good this time.

>Shazam
>>Early development. Darren Lemke wrote the latest draft, which features Billy Batson being recruited by the wizard Shazam to stop his fallen champion Black Adam, before the two join forces to prevent Dr. Sivana from unleashing an accident monster, the Sabbac, in his mad pursue for magical power. It’s heavily inspired by Geoff Johns’ New 52 version, with Freddy Freeman and Mary Bromfield as Billy’s foster siblings. John F. Sandberg and Jordan Vogt-Roberts are the current frontrunners to direct.
Cast Cena as Captain already

Faker than Wonder Woman's BO success.

>december release
>not named star wars
>$150m+ budget
>profitable

I wonder why they didn't just give Aquaman Flashes old release date in July

They wouldn't be able meet the deadline.

>rogues as military unit

Not crazy about this, but I guess it will work. I definitely like using the rogues instead of reverse flash in the first movie

>In an effort to distance itself from the failed 2011 movie, Sinestro will not be featured at all, and the villains will be the Manhunters.

I'd think Qward would be a better choice, but I'm not really complaining.

Who will be playing catwoman?

faker than Wonder Woman's BO success

>kills Wonder Woman
based Joss Whedon

>In an effort to distance itself from the failed 2011 movie, Sinestro will not be featured at all

You want to distance yourself from the 2011 movie, just make a Sinestro movie. He was the only good thing about that piece of shit.

>but even beforehand the final battle would take place in Themyscira.

You had me until this line

would Sup Forums forgive him if he kills cyborg?

year and a half long post production seems like a bit much

Cyborg will just literally reboot

Underwater shoots are hard, I assume.

>Cyborg
>>Early development. WB is meeting with prospective writers to discuss story ideas, but directors have been approached yet. How much traction the project gets is entirely dependent on how well Cyborg ressonates with the audience once JUSTICE LEAGUE comes out. Grid is slated to be the villain.

Seeing this on the big screen would be cool

agreed, i think, especially if they get zemeckis, it will be handled not too poorly. especially if the wonder woman trend of making a generic superflick continues

probably
>Haley Bennett

>Gotham City Sirens

>>Early development. Christina Hodson wrote the latest draft, which features Harley Quinn, Catwoman and Poison Ivy being manipulated and doublecrossed by Black Mask in the robbery of a shipment of Venom and joining forces to take him down. David Ayer is still slated to direct, but shooting, which was originally slated for late 2017, was delayed due to script issues and Ayer’s commitment to the SCARFACE reboot. Margot Robbie will return as Harley Quinn and so will Bennett should she accept to play Catwoman. Emily Blunt and Jessica Chastain are among studio picks for Poison Ivy

JUST GIVE ME MY LESBIANS

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

The body horror in a Cyborg would push the rating a lot

Harlivy isn't gonna happen thank GOD

All I'm looking forward to is JLD, GCS and MoS 2. Flash would have been nice as well but it doesn't look like that mess is being made anytime soon.

...I'm actually feeling a little bit hopeful. Not much though, but maybe a little. But if Justice League sucks, what will WB do next?

Yes, it will

>streamline the narrative
>the guy who gave Ultron five origins

>Killer Frost

I wonder how Waller managed to capture one of the Endless

>Sinestro will not be featured at all,
Mark Strong was great as Sinestro. Who's the big bad gonna be then if they're going for Manhunters? Cyborg Superman? Mongul?

No it won't.

Body odor success?

There's just one reason why they are making a Sirens movie. It will happen

Just recast Mark Strong as Sinestro already

>There's just one reason why they are making a Sirens movie.
Yeah, the popularity of Harley Quinn and not Harlivy

We haven't seen Black "I killed ur son lol" Manta's helmet yet, right?

It's for trying to get some bucks outta the yurifags. It will be subtle like always

focus on propping up the lesser knowns that have a chance at success and dump supes

Cast Matt Ryan in Justice League Dark

You know what who be fantastic villains for MoS 2?
The Elite.
Think about it.

*who would be

Not my proudest moment.

Hadn't considered that. But I think it'd would work out nicely for his appeal if it led to a good evolution like pic related

> The Elite

I don't have high hopes for DCEU authority, but since that would bring the chances exactly to 0, I hope they don't go the Elite route.

No it wouldn't. Shit like this is exactly why black people don't like Cyborg.

The Elite would not be villians.
their whole schtick is a Superman that doesn't kill.

The chances are already zero. Besides, if you really wanted, you could switch out members for other Superman villains.
Besides, Apollo and Midnighter and junk can totally coexist with the Elite, couldn't they?

Er- what are you trying to say?

did you not see Man of Steel?

Aqauaman sounds good, though I really hope they don't adapt Geoff Johns' comic for the Shazam movie. The Captain Marvel mythos is too rich to be secluded to just Johns' interpretation.

Yeah, Zod snap neck and all that, sure.
But if they somehow pull off turning Superman into has traditional self, he can maybe try and take on a more mentor-y role in trying to get the Elite to not be like he was?
I dunno.
I'd just rather not see Superman go up against another alien (or Lex Luthor) again for a while, is all.

Lol so much of this is complete nonsense. It's just rearranged rumors and "insider" tweets.

>I'd just rather not see Superman go up against another alien (or Lex Luthor) again for a while, is all.
There's Metallo, Parasite and Silver Banshee who have all been considered for movies and aren't aliens.

Nice fanfiction

I really hope they announce an updated slate next month, besides Aquaman there's not one movie that's 100% going to be made

When's Comicon anyway?

20th of next month

>Superman’s storyline is being changed the most due to the criticisms that the character has gathered so far, and he’ll return to life with a much approachable personality and upbeat demeanor.
Please don't play with my heart, op.

Yeah, but they're kind of gonna look like a step down from "SUPERALIENS WANT TO TAKE OVER/DESTROY THE EARTH", you know?

>Sinestro will not be featured at all
dropped

Maybe that's for the best?
There's already too many superhero movies with the same "world in danger" stakes.
Something smaller and a bit more personal wouldn't be bad for Superman, especially if they want to take him back to his more optimistic roots.

>...I'm actually feeling a little bit hopeful. Not much though, but maybe a little.

Rumors aside, WB has been getting better with these DC films.

They're not relying on Snyder to do all the heavy work anymore. Courting Matt Reeves for The Batman was a brilliant move. James Wan has proved time and time again of being a capable and successful director. He'll do well with Aquaman. And even though I'm not a fan of Joss Whedon, it was a no-brainier for WB to get him for Batgirl and Justice League.

Flash still has no director, but it's encouraging that WB isn't trying to rush it into production with any indie directory they can find. They're taking their time with this one.

Based on early negation talks between WB and Patty Jenkins for the Wonder Woman sequel, Jenkins will likely have more say on the DCEU in the future.

>Sources say the studio intends to begin negotiations with Jenkins shortly (although the exact timing is unclear), and the filmmaker and her reps at CAA, Anonymous Content and Jackoway Tyerman will enjoy enormous leverage. Jenkins could not only return to the director's chair on Wonder Woman 2 but also could ink a more expansive deal that would allow her to work with DC Entertainment president and chief creative officer Geoff Johns on a script treatment for that movie and possibly others as well.

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/wonder-woman-director-patty-jenkins-not-signed-sequel-1010845

There's actual hope for the DCEU now.

>>Orm isn’t a villain yet but there are tensions between him and Aquaman and a love triangle between them and Mera.
>Orm will become a villain because he didn't get enough redhead love
I'd turn to villany to if I lost my chance to fug Mera

Nice fanfic

Wonder Woman cinematic universe.
That's the problem with having one hero who is clearly far more popular than the rest, look at Marvel and RDJ.
For DC, it will be either WW or Batfleck, and it will end up with the franchise orbiting around either of those.

I wouldn't mind a Jenkins MoS 2

I just hope Black Manta doesn't die

If Flash is as charismatic as the bloggers say he's supposed to be in JL he'd probably have been a third pillar if they were able to get his movie out next year.

>Joss Whedon was called to streamline the narrative after mixed reactions from test-screenings.

What a load of horseshit, you just made that up. There haven't been any reports of the movie being test screened except for Snyder showing it to some friends. And he was called in by Snyder specifically because he knew he was going to leave to take time off because of his family tragedy.

Bloggers also say that Batman and Wonder Woman are super cute and fun together, so that doesn't inspired any hope since future movies might end up revolving around the two.

>They’re being reinvented as a rogue military unit that has stolen cutting-edge weapons technology from the government

I could get behind that it would justify calling them Rouges.

>WW is nice
>next movie is the rape baby between Snyder and Joss Whedon
And here I was starting to get hopeful.

Poor Supes, his actor is very charismatic irl and in the man from uncle. All he needs is a quality script

>a quality script
What do you expect from a franchise where the movies have to focus 70% on setting up future movies and 30% on the actual, ongoing plot?

wasn't aware this was a mcu thread

I'm hoping they redeem the character. Maybe have him actually show some humanity and humility while saving people in Justice League, get people to associate him with Hope again, and expand on it in MOS2.

No, I totally get it.
It's just that, linearly, it'll look like a step down.
Which could be hit or miss.
And it's all because they just HAD to use Kryptonians as Superman's first villains. Brilliant work.

>It’s heavily inspired by Geoff Johns’ New 52 version
FUCK YOU JOHNS.

The Rock vs John Cena! it's just like Monday Night Raw!!! But with capes!

Not really. Having a weaker villain who is still a threat, just not one he could pound into next Tuesday would up the tension quite a bit. Toyman, done right, could be more chilling than the Joker.

No, it's a superhero thread, and superhero movies are made with mass appeal and big box offices in mind exclusively.
Which is why the second movie of the franchise was already setting up a shitload of sequels and the team up.

>features the Suicide Squad being deployed to stop Bane’s Venom running empire in Santa Prisca.
Why couldn't they have a plot like this for the first one?

MoS didn't have anything
BvS had a shoe horned 30 sec scene
SS had a shitty credit scene
WW had nothing

>BvS had a shoe horned 30 sec scene
And that was all to set up future movies.
Because the point of these movies isn't telling a story, nobody really cares about that, superhero movies aren't born from some kind of creative spark, it's purely money-minded desire, so they simply keep throwing money at people to see if they can put together a group that can make it, instead of having people who legitimately want to make them.
I think the only exception would be Deadpool.

If they didn't do BvS, they should have used Metallo for MoS 2.
Or yet should have just used Metallo in lieu of Doomsday for BvS.

I kinda like this idea. If done properly, I can be used to undo Snyder and Goyer's shit.

I wouldn't either. As many have said, Wonder Woman is more of a Superman film than Man of Steel.

Whatever man of murder 2 is, I really want an equivalent scene in it to the very final scene of WW where she flies off the tower towards the sirens

Because we need a SKY LASEEEERRRRRRRRRRR IN EVERY MOOOOOVVVVIIIIIIIEEEEEE

Who would be a good Booster Gold, Sup Forums?

Nathan Fillion maybe?

Maybe 20 years ago, way too fucking old now unless you're doing old Booster

Just get Zach Efron or something

>Booster Gold needs a director
Edgar Wright! and let him have full control, then when the movie comes out been less forgeteable than Antman it would be the biggest FUCK YOU to Marlel and Disney in general.

>Not wanting to see Margot Robbie and possibly Jessica Chastain kissing and schlicking on screen in cosplay and in character

What are you a faggot?

Many people say a lot of things. Doesn't make them accurate

>let him have full control
It's capeshit, that will never happen.
Directors of superhero movies need to bend over and let themselves get fucked if they want that sweet check.

But he'd surely get far for more leeway than he would have over at Marvel. I'm sure Booster Gold's connection to the greater DCEU won't have to be nearly as rigid as, say, Superman or Batman.

That's if they don't cancel it in the first place.
If they are doubting about making a Cyborg movie, I really don't think a Booster Gold one will happen at all.