Shelf/recent purchases

Hey Sup Forumsmrades, do you purchase comic books or cartoon related merchandise? any new pick ups?lets see your shelves, observe, criticize, give recommendations etc....

haven't had one of these in a while, get anything good lately?

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/co/thread/47726412/#47733448
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Only picked up my floppies. Feel like trade waiting some more DC Rebirth titles, how are the following? New Superman, Green Arrow and King's Batman. Was also curious on Shade The Changing Girl and Wild Storm. Those are the main ones I'm interested in trade waiting.

And as someone who is enjoying Abnett's Aqua Man is his Titan's book worth picking up?

Recently picked up:
The Walking Dead #168 x 3(+ Pride variant)
Cannibal #5 and #6
Aqua Man #23 and #24
Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps #20 and #21

Grabbed Green Lantern Agent Orange for the hell of it

New Super-Man is genuinely the best book DC has, Green Arrow doesn't have that good of a story but fantastic art, Batman is just dumb almost indefensible
Titans is bland as f, not worth Booth's crap pencils

picked up the newest Shade the Changing Girl, Reborn and Nova

How's Habibi? I enjoyed Blankets and I'm thinking about picking it up.

I like it way more than Blankets

Recent gets
OG Star wars omni 1
Marvel John Carter omni.
ASM omni 3, Kane cover.
I ordered The Micheline/Larson ASM omni yesterday.
And pic related, I feel no shame.

you should pick up the companion omni, its like $30 at my lcs

Anyone knowledgeable on the old He-man/She-Ra comics?

I keep eyeing this badboy at my LCS and I wanna know if it is actually something worth lusting after.

Bought the entire Peter Milligan Shade The Changing Man tun, just came in this week

run*

I don't think that's a comic book. It just looks like an episode guide.

>The Micheline/Larson ASM omni
I wonder if they will reprint the Micheline/McFarlane one

Yeah, that book is just a in-depth character and epidoes guide for the old animated series.
There are collections of the mini-comics and newspaper strips.

I'd like that. Truthfully, it would've made sense to have that and the Spider-Man by Todd McFarlane omni as one book.

Yeah. I'd like that too. I prefer Larsen over McFarlane, though.
I'm reading the third Stan Lee era omni right now. It's so good. I'm going to be legitimately sad when it's over.

Picked up over the last 3 months or so

I read through all 3 of the ASM omnis, and the Goblin's Last Stand Epic Collection a few weeks back. It really cemented how Spider-Man and FF were the flagship Marvel series. Really top tier stuff.

You'll find something to hate about my shelf

>do you purchase comic books or cartoon related merchandise?
Only anime figs :^)

Mostly DC Rebirth vol 1's
Red Hood and the Outlaws
Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps
and got Nightwing for free
Gerard Way's Doom Patrol
Would take a picture but all my cams are crappy

I can put up with whatever taste in comics a man might have; but you better put your Y The Last Man comics on the same damn shelf.

Fell out buying comics for a while. Wanted to avoid buying a sword. B&N had these for 10 bucks each. Also, the Rebirth border borderline triggers me because it doedn't look good with the other comics on my shelf. Now I have to buy the following trades for the sense of unity. Thanks DC.

No

Oh no ... I'm an idiot.
A sad sad idiot.

I just remembered the DC runs were so great so I thought maybe an older run would be good too.

>Spider-Man By Michelinie And Larsen Omnibus HC
Any good?

Cool, I need more comics with sweet drawings of ridiculously elaborate tapestries. Only other one I know of is A Bride's Story.

Very nice. I wish they would release these in proper trade format sometime

>the Rebirth border borderline triggers me because it doedn't look good with the other comics on my shelf. Now I have to buy the following trades for the sense of unity. Thanks DC.

Hey don't blame DC for your crippling autism... thats all on you and genetics bud.

they did and i believe theyre still relatively available or still in print but they only collected the first...3 tpb? (cuz fuck collectors, right?)

I'm being a shitty phoneposter so i don't wanna go through the hassle of googling it, but the first chunk of it has been collected.

I really think Peter Milligan needs more love. The most underappreciated gem in the British Invasion.

Recently picked up the first Wonder Woman and Superman Golden Age omnibuses, so that's been fun to dig into.

Also the sweet SHFSS Kuuga Amazing Mighty.

Slick shelf. And I'm really jealous of that complete Phoenix.

Phoenix might be my all time favorite series. Took me quite a while of Amazon price stalking to get it all in good condition cheaply, but worth it.

Human Target is my jam

only first 18 issues are collected across 3 trades

FF and ASM are both totally my thing, so we're in complete agreement.

I love how many of Pete's supporting characters have hidden depths- even Jonah.
Also- the Buscema issues. Holy. Fuck.

My credit card didn't work over the last week (turns out the chip was broken, I probably sat on it) when I tried to order all the WE WUZ KANGZ omnis. Got a replacement one today finally did it.
Plus Conan Omnibus vol 2 arrived today. No shelf since I'm at work.

>Eatock
That guy must have had a horrible time in school.

dont listen to king's batman is pretty good. it's not as good as snyder's run, but no one seems to like that on here either.
>nameless
i had no idea what the fuck was going on in that book
what's wrong with the border?

>reprint Shade the Changing Man (second attempt)
Cancelled after 3 volumes
>reprint Wolfman's Vigilante (first attempt)
Cancelled after 1 volume
>reprint Sandman Mystery Theatre (second attempt)
Cancelled after 3 volumes
>reprint Ostrander & Mandrake's Spectre (first attempt)
Cancelled after 2 volumes

Surely there's a better solution to this? Clearly there's not a big market for reprints of 80s and 90s longform runs this niche, so why don't they just do small print runs instead?

I've ordered Wasteland vol.1 but chances are that'll be dropped halfway too

>Wanted to avoid buying a sword.
w-what?

>Wasteland
>halfway
HAHAHAHA
cancelled since March

I'm concerned that even Mark Waid's Flash will get dropped before it finishes. The relatively slow pace/small-ish size means it will take quite some time to complete.

doubt it
They are pushing through Grell's GA and it is almost complete. Partly because of the TV show.
Same thing with SS trades and the movie.

>R.E.B.E.L.S. vol 2 cancelled after vol 4, 8 issues still missing

Bollocks, I heard rumors alright. I bet Night Force is gonna get cancelled too

Also, how the fuck d'you navigate Edelweiss? I can never find anything by searching for it

>Waid
It'll be fine. He's a big enough name to keep interest.

Dark Knight, Dark City fucked me up. I bought the last two issues off a comic stand in a grocery store since Riddler was on one of them. I open the first book to see Batman performing a tracheotomy on an infant because Riddler had willingly put a ping pong ball or something down his throat.

Maybe I'm just high but... Preorders? like announce whats coming out take pre-orders like what happens already but delay the printing so its like paying for a book in advance and getting it a month later?

Like a cut off date for ordering or something.

I don't fuckin know..

Oh fuck, nm that is shitty...

>Chew
>mahnigga.jpeg

switch item view from 10 or whatever it is to 100 results per page, use ctrl-f

And then there's Egypt or The Question: devil's In The Details that are just one volume long but got canceled before they were released and allowed to find new audience.

I wish.

I got really into Madman last year and have almost all of it collected now. I need to get some more Judge Dredd collections.

I have manga and art books as well but those are on different shelves.

Never even heard of Egypt but I'm down for Milligan and Dillon. Gotta keep an eye out next time I'm back issue bin diving

Question's never had much luck in the reprint section

Here's my humble shelf. Ignore the bendis Guardians HC. That was a gift from my grandparents...

>Absolute Edition of Madman never ever

>Never even heard of Egypt

W-what is on that monster girl encyclopedia?

What does the universe have against John Ostrander? Is it cause he flew too close to the sun and made too many amazing comics?

I really hate those giant Walking Deads.
I can't imagine a paperback THAT THICK being okay even during one read. Halfway through the spine would start to show damage, I'm sure.

Had these waiting for me at home.Read 9 so far.

Yeah The HC's are definitely better. I had no issues with it. It got a little frustrating trying to read the first few issues and the last ones in the compendiums.

Some other user in another thread mentioned he got really good conditions on trades and reprints in his original contracts with DC, so much so that it wouldn't be profitable at all for them and he is unwilling to renegotiate.
Not mad at Ostrander, you gotta take a stance.

desuarchive.org/co/thread/47726412/#47733448

>No. 47727338
>I'm still waiting for the rest of Sandman Mystery Theater to be collected too. Shit still sucks.

Imagine four years later and this poor user's back to the exact same problem all over again

Sad, isn't it? Then again, I'm still waiting for my Annihilation Omnibus reprint.

We'll be waiting a long time on that one. They just recently put every FF omni in print out for liquidation and there's no reprint plans on the horizon for the world's greatest comic magazine

Latest. I talked about it last thread, but Crickets ended up being excellent. Definitely deserving of the hype. I have 5 & 6 in the mail right now. I'm also waiting on One More Year.

How's Black Science nowadays? I dropped off after the 3rd volume, I think. Is it worthing picking back up?

The same stuff but with some new artwork and lewds

Story still sucks imo but I only get it for the art

sadly i don't have comics... or a shelf

This weeks pickups. I am allso in the market for a good shelf. Any recommendations?

that's why I picked up the Kirby/Lee omnis plus Annihilation Conquest. WE WUZ KANGZ omnis should be on their way, now you get why I want Annihilation back, too.
But I don't think it will happen, because most of Annihilation is based on characters that are not usable in movies by Marvel (Silver Surfer, Galactus etc) so they won't reprint them.

>ZONZO
my man

If you got an IKEA relatively near you, pick up a BILLY. or a KALLAX. If you are a cheapskate, pick FINNBY. They're all sturdy as fuck and don't look offensive.

i dont even read aquaman but i couldnt pass up those sweet covers. anyone else know of any throwback covers similar to top left that has appeared for new52 or rebirth?
how was nightwing rebirth? i heard grayson was pretty good as well.
>those green lantern by geoff johns omnis
damn i wish i had the money for those but it's way cheaper getting the 10 trades. apparently one of those omni's is like 80 dollars?

Nothing wrong with the border. Just that all the other bat books I got have darker colors for the covers, except for Black Mirror, and it breaks the unity.

Good quality swords are real expensive. Cawmixs aint in comparison.

>Day of the Flying Dead
I NEED TO KNOW MORE.

>you will never read Ostrander's run on The Spectre in physical form without paying out the ass
feelsbadman.jpg

>Neal Adams cover
Nice

I'm trying to get my hands on the 10th TPB for Sandman with the slipcase.
What sites can I check, other than CGN, IST and places like Amazon?

A coworker was talking about What Do You Do With A Problem? last night, thinking about using it at work.

Depends where you order. if you are American, get them from instocktrades, they're at 2x$68.50 and 1x$62.50.
If you are European, get them from cheap-comics.com (watch the shipping fees though, they can be quite hefty if you live in the wrong country, so if you do, order in bulk), they are at around €65 a piece if the price hasn't changed.

I mean those issues are in the $1 bin

Buy them up.

I had the recent pirchase discount from IST and bonus money.

I ordered the mini-comic HC tonight. I also ordered the first Jessie Marsh Tarzan omni. That is a lot of comics for not a lot of money
To make up for that I also ordered the Age of. Apocalypse omni, which is a lot of comics for a lot of money.

What'd you think of Starseeds?

I work in mediation, I'm actually going to bring it into my office

What age range? She was lookign to use for 8 - 9 year olds.

Boy I am mad as heck about those Sandman Mystery Theatre reprints getting cancelled

I create workshops for business and schools, from universities to elementary

Here is my most recent purchases. I'm pissed about Palomar though. It came packaged really badly, so there is a huge gouge on the front cover. I'm sending it back so I can replace it.

Here are my shelves. I'm doing a new system were I sort by publisher. I'm digging it.

And my second shelf.

>Harley Quinn
and is that fucking Girls

I'm actually getting ride of the Harley Quinn books soon since I dropped it as a floppy. Girls is more of a joke purchase but I'm not going to apologize for it.

ostrander's MM
ostrander's suicide squad before the movie
ostrander's spectre

it's just not fair at this point

I read The Life & Times Of Scrooge McDuck after watching DuckTales with my kids lately. I enjoyed it so much that I ordered the first Don Rosa Library collection halfway through.

Batmanga's a blast, especially when the author just randomly renames villains he liked from American comics since he couldn't read English. Go-Go The Wizard (Weather Wizard) is a favorite, along with Professor Gorilla (Grodd).

I hate that you have the next three volumes of Usagi Saga that I need.

I'm digging your Bugmen (and that Ryu Ranger), buddy. I still need to read more of my Golden Age Batman omni.

>If Chins Could Kill: Confessions Of A B-Movie Actor by Bruce Campbell
Know that on this day, you have gained an ally and a brother.

How's Martha Washington?

what pisses me off most is that they haven't even reprinted Annihilation yet at all. neither as Epic collection, nor as Essential, just nothing. And especially after the GOTG movies were such a huge success it should be clear that there is a demand. maybe they solely base it on New GOTG and Nova (Bendis and Loeb stuff) instead of the "old" ones (kinda funny to say "old" to something from 2008), but the fact that James Gunn explicitely thanked Abnett and Lanning in the GOTG 2 credits should already have given them a hint and I hope they're scrambling to reprint it instead of trying to push the new shit.