Superman IV: The Quest For Peace

This is just terrible. One of the worst comic book movies ever.

Has Nuclear Man ever showed up in the comics?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=chdVDWYR6Ac
twitter.com/AnonBabble

HOW DARE DC RIP OFF THE SENTRY!!

Yeah, he was called The Sentry.

I kind of like the radioactive nails for sheer ridiculousness.

Yes he appeared in the comics

It could have been pretty good if they had more budget and a lot of scenes weren't cut

What powers did he have?

Didn't he start dying the second he was obscured from direct sunlight?

The power to HURT PEOPLE. Controversial opinion time: Nuclear Man > Doomsday.
youtube.com/watch?v=chdVDWYR6Ac

>Controversial opinion time: Nuclear Man > Doomsday.
I'm not sure that I believe that this opinion is possible to hold.
Do mean as a concept, or as they are used in Supes 4 and BvS, respectively?

Because no matter how bad you probably think BvS is, Superman 4 is much, much worse. The movie is a fucking Canon films production.

Both movies are really terrible, but yeah, as a concept, I mean, they fill similar roles - they're Something Worse, the inevitable meeting between the hero and a villain who's WAY stronger, they fight Superman so fiercely he's believed dead, only for him to triumphantly return after regaining his strength at his lowest point.

They don't NEED to be particularly complex characters, Doomsday served his purpose. But Nuclear Man's design was more interesting IMO, and he has enough agency to actually have desires outside of killing Superman, albeit base desires - he wants The Woman. If someone wrote a story about Doomsday wanting to mate with Rampage and Superman has to chaperone their date or whatever, I'd be down for that.

You could argue that Nuclear Man's redundant with so many other evil Kryptonian and Bizarro characters running around, but that's my 2 cents.

>Both movies are really terrible
nope

You're right - Superman IV is technically inept, but it's still got heart, if only because of Christopher Reeves' influence. It's campy schlock. BvS is just DEEP HURTING all the way down.

You're confusing distaste with approach with film quality.
Read any interviews with cast from a Snyder film. He's a caring director.

It's too bad no amount of caring could ever save batman V Superman

>The movie is a fucking Canon films production.
not all Canon Films are bad, but you still have a point about that being one of the main reasons Superman IV was bad

I disagree, my good friend.

Reeves movie thread?

I gotta ask, Was Pryor waaay outta his league for this movie? or did he just accept it because Superman movie=Big bucks

How similar is he to Firestorm?

You think some solar or wind company will pay to bring him back if someone tries making nuclear a viable option again? Or will Jane Fonda rear her head again?

Would it have improved the movie to include that whole sequence with the Nuclear Man prototype?

could have been a big fan of Superman and wanted to be in the movie, just like numerous other poor sods like pic related

Why is this the Superman movie they always play at Christmas?

Maybe, I think it would've been better if they had included Nuclear Man breaking away from Lex and deciding to start global nuclear war himself because he was the only thing that would survive.

We see hints of this when Nuclear Man says to Lex, "What do you fear?" and Lex gets a bit flustered.

Having him take over the villain operation would've made him a much stronger villain in terms of story, it would show he was his own character with his own goals instead of just an attack dog Lex let of the leash.

>I gotta ask, Was Pryor waaay outta his league for this movie? or did he just accept it because Superman movie=Big bucks

Nah, he was a fan. The problem is they wrote the film to be more comedic, then made Pryor's character the least funny thing about it. And Pryor didn't want to ham it up too much, knowing it wasn't his usual kind of movie.

He's Nuclear Man the Firestorm.

Well... not in DC Comics.

>Superman 4 is much, much worse. The movie is a fucking Canon films production.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

>yes this movie character appeared in a comic based on the movie he originated in

I feel like that shouldn't count.

is that why it was originally 3 hours long and had to have a second release due to multiple cuts?

>inb4 dats not Snyder's fault, its the film company's, even tho Snyder is the one who directed the original 3 hour cut which he had to have known would never be allowed to be the original release hence his vision would be tarnished

I actually quite like this one. It's got some real B-movie charm to it. Of course you do expect more than a B-movie from the Superman franchise, but whatever. It's good stupid low budget fun.

Superman 3, on the other hand, that was a bad movie. The Richard Pryor scenes took it from merely mediocre to utter shit.

really makes you think

That roboticized scene from Superman 3 gave me endless nightmares as a kid..

>That bit where Clark's so conflicted he mindfucks Lois just so they can talk, then wipes her memory again

>Because no matter how bad you probably think BvS is, Superman 4 is much, much worse.
Lies. This feels way more like a Superman movie.

Fun fact: This movie is terrible. So terrible, that the only way Christopher Reeve agreed to do it was if Cannon agreed to finance his pet film Street Smart.

After the Electric Company was canceled, Morgan Freeman had trouble finding work. He eventually got an audition for Street Smart in the co-starring role of Fast Black, and was able to get the part.

Freeman considers this his breakout role.

So no Superman IV, no Morgan Freeman.

>not muh
Good argument.

>not Superman
I know it is.