Is it wrong that I liked Azzarello's portrayal of the Amazons? Sure...

Is it wrong that I liked Azzarello's portrayal of the Amazons? Sure, it poked holes in Diana's characterization but at least it adds some negative side to the Amazon's supposedly peaceful, perfect society.

Yes and you're a faggot for liking it.

Meh, didn't care much about that. I was in it for the art and occasional fanservice. Fucking loved this armor design when it popped up. Shame it doesn't stick.

I thought it fit traditional greek fable well, which was the atmosphere of his run, so it was perfect for what it needed to be.

Yeah, there a reason why the Amazons are feared.

Have you actually read about myth amazons ever or

It's perfectly serviceable for temporary alternate WW tales. Problem is it's just not conductive for following stories that want us to root for them.

The siren raids would have been fine if they hadn't killed them if instead they used magic to wipe their memories.

But as it is I had a idea of having a Solomon Grundy type unstoppable zombie modeled like a classic ship captain stalking the island killing the Amazons that took part in the raids & would 100% be on his side.

>Is it wrong that I liked Azzarello's portrayal of the Amazons?
Yes it is. Kill yourself.

>it adds some negative side to the Amazon's supposedly peaceful, perfect society.
Because apparently, being paranoid isolationists wasn't enough. Fuck right off with this "Amazons are perfect" bullshit. They have been highly distrustful of outsiders since day one, and it's been a source of drama throughout the franchise. But it seems that's not edgy enough for retards like you.

No it was excellent

Faggots.

My man.

The amazons were myth, however, some steppe women were called Amazons as an insult. Amazon society to Greeks was a shitty society were people just fucked and shit in the streets and little boys raped/ were raped by women. Also that lesbo poet was just some slut, like a literal cum dump who was famous because she was the town bicycle for anyone with money

Hello, Cucka.

>being paranoid isolationists wasn't enough
But there was nothing morally fucking wrong with that.

Greeks were just a buncha boy diddling faggots anyway.

... And? Is there a rule that says fictional societies have to be in the moral wrong about something?

>Because apparently, being paranoid isolationists wasn't enough.

It really wasn't. What actual issues do the amazons have? Besides the distrust, there is literally nothing that makes amazon society anything other than perfect. They don't have any crimes whatsoever or any of the other shit loads of problems our societies have.

>They don't have any crimes whatsoever or any of the other shit loads of problems our societies have.
Ah, there it is. The very instant you know when someone is an ignorant casual.

Ah, there it is. The very instant you know someone is an snobbish jackass.

That was always the point. WW is literally hyper feminist, matriarchal domination propaganda. Marston wasn't even secretive about his mission statement.

>Kryptonians werr perfectly fine society with no flaws outside of abusing their planets resources depending on the canon
>nobody cares
>Amazonia ms were a perfectly fine society who were distrustful of others and isolated
>FUCK MAN, GOD DAMN PERFECT WOMEN, ADD SOME RAPE AND MURDER

>expecting a basic familiarity with the subject of discussion is "snobbish"
You can't talk shit if you don't know what you're talking about, you fuckin' idiot. Get the fuck outta here and read a book.

>Kryptonians werr perfectly fine society with no flaws outside of abusing their planets resources depending on the canon
That's a pretty big flaw, what with it literally causing their planet to blow up

Thing is Krypton got blown the fuck up so no one had a reason to care. Every time Themyscira is mentioned or appears it's a paradise with no problems whatsoever and nothing interesting ever happens with it, besides the gods doing some weird shit that makes Wonder Woman have to intervene.

>>Kryptonians werr perfectly fine society with no flaws outside of abusing their planets resources depending on the canon
Wasn't Kryptonian society inherently flawed from the beginning? What with them ignoring Jor'El's warnings?

Double standards are a hell of a drug, yo.

>Every time Themyscira is mentioned or appears it's a paradise with no problems whatsoever
The more you talk, the more obvious it is that you've never read WW comics. You really should just stop before you make yourself look even stupider.

It's shitty, sorry. I get you like your femdoming amazons, but fuck you, it's stupid and it makes diana an evil cunt, an incompetent idiot, or both.

She is both user.

No, but that makes them boring and cheap.

Well she believed she was a clay baby for most of her life. Naivete was kind of the point of her character arc.

>fictional societies are boring unless they're evil
I see. And when did you first come to believe this? Perhaps it stems from a projection of your disillusionment with the world in the turbulent times we live in? Or perhaps more likely you're just a bit touched in the head?

I didn't say that, you retard. I meant that societies with no problems are boring.

he didnt say the amazon myth specifically.

They're more like sirens in this case.

When she finds (she's already a bit naive for never finding out what happens on her island, but whatever) out these are the routes:
Diana imprisons the amazons for their crimes, freeing the maleamazons who inherit themiscyra
Diana tries to form a truce, which leads to the amazons killing the maleamazons when Diana isn't watching which makes diana an incompetent idiot who's responsible for civilian deaths
Diana tolerates to a degree, which makes her a villain, so Supes and Bats and the rest of the JL put her down

But really, as soon as the amazons are evil, it's fucked. The JL wouldn't tolerate a nation doing what the amazons do.
Which fucks up the whole "Diana brings peace to man's world" angle too. Where the hell did she get that peace from?

Man why do you people care so much? It worked for the story and was retconned anyway. Azz's entire run is pretty much an elseworlds
>Considering the Finch's run in any way canon
don't be silly user

Themyscira has plenty of problems. The issue here is that you, as a surface fan of comics, judge the series based on popular assumptions without any familiarity with the actual stories. So like I told the other fuck, stop now before you make yourself look even dumber.

>Which fucks up the whole "Diana brings peace to man's world" angle too. Where the hell did she get that peace from?
It's almost like she grew up in ignorance of all these wrongdoings and was able to develop ideals independent of them or something

Ass's Paradise would have made sense if there's a flow of immigrants coming in for years distilling hostility and terrorists. But it's been homongeus for a millenimum or so and why is the queen a gigantic hypocrite?

Murderzons where azz already though. And sorry, even if you ignore finch's conclusion, their punishment for what Azz made them do has to be too harsh. It becomes dysfunctional.

>here and read a book.
Nice try manchild, comicbooks don't count as books. Not him but you're still an idiot.

They were created by the Greek gods. Hypocrisy is in their nature.

>characters in a greek myth are disproportionally punished for their wrongdoings
I see nothing wrong with this

That paints Wonder Woman a different picture where having pride for her people means being shit

She is pretty shit.

Yeah, yeah, user, Diana works with the JL. That means, either her morals are compatible with the JL's or, she's lying to them. Which means, either she brings down amazon regime and locks them up, or she's a hypocritical cunt and world's greatest detective and man of steel take her down.
It's a stupid ass idea.

And usually, in greek myths, people get punished too hard, not too lightly.

You can have pride in the good aspects of your people yet condemn them for their flaws. It's something you generally have to do often; nobody's perfect

Yeah. That's why Azz was terrible

At least Batman's family were upstanding citizens and scenes where Superman experiences his past civilization were so moving

>Man why do you people care so much?
I care because I'm a Wonder Woman fan. The Amazon ideals of peace love and understanding are a vital part of the character's background. Making the Amazons evil strawmen is like making Alfred Pennyworth a child molester, or making the Kents into serial killers. Either fan base of those characters would be rightfully offended, but when Wondy fans bitch, it's suddenly not okay.

Really, this is some straight up Millar shit. "Cap's from the 40s, which means he MUST be a racist, jingoistic piece of shit!". No, that's just fucking stupid, same with the Amazons.

The JL never showed up or were even mentioned in Azz's run. It'spretty much a completely independent story.

>And usually, in greek myths, people get punished too hard, not too lightly.
They got turned into snakes and their queen a stone statue

>Cap's from the 40s, which means he MUST be a racist, jingoistic piece of shit!
Ultimate Cap was a thing. A popular thing at that.

>but when Wondy fans bitch, it's suddenly not okay.

Because you're fan of a shitty character with barely any good story arc in 70 years despite the huge push. You're the embarassing black sheep of the whole DC fandom, only recently contested by Harley Quinn fans. You have no right to anything, much less complaining.

This is the point where I admit I never read Azz and all I know is the 'continuation' from Finch.
I just saw some amazons working for hephaustus to make up for all of them murderraping for centuries and the rest of them still running the island.
In Azz diana never finds man's land and the JL? How the hell does that work?

Savage.

Fuck no, the Az run of WW was the only readable run of it.

Amazon society has never made any sense and is frankly absurdly sexist. The notion that every societal problem disappears if men aren't around is the kind of shit that even feminists don't believe outside the Dvorkin lunatic fringe, and can be read as a justification for Sup Forums style purges. "If all it takes to reach a paradise is to get rid of the men, why haven't we done so already?"

Except Azz amazons had pretty much no redeeming qualities, they were murderous misandrous rapist lying cunts.

>This is the point where I admit I never read Azz and all I know is the 'continuation' from Finch.
All this shitposting about hypocrisy and how another user never read older WW runs and here you are bitching about a run you never read, or even read a summary of. Fucking hilarious Sup Forums.

>One minute apart
If you are going to samefag at least have some subtlety.

That doesn't stop it from being a fucking stupid thing. I swear, this demand for edgy bullshit is cause for concern. It's like I'm sharing this board with a bunch of retarded children who are in love with the EXTREEEEEEEEME trends that make the 90s look bad.

Savage guy here, that dude tore your ass up, wonderfag.

I regret reading the whole run user.

If Azz's run is truly independent then it should never had been canon at any point of time and no one should have cried "oh no, why is Azz's getting retconned??"

You have to wait the full 60 seconds user. It couldn't have been a samefag

It's baffling, does anyone actually find the evil Amazons entertaining or interesting? Making them monsters accomplishes nothing, so I always wonder just what the hell the point of that shit is.

Not the user you replied to , but no shit, sherlocks. Women characters omega sucked balls for the majority of the goddamn past. Look how many poorly written female capeshit movies there are?

Now I'm not saying Azz is doing the same thing. It's fine to have a civilization of extreme assholes, but a Wonder Woman book is not the place for that. Like holy fuck, when her mother turned to stone and her entire shit family turned to snakes, I didn't give a shit!

>In Azz diana never finds man's land and the JL? How the hell does that work?
She's in man's world, story doesn't say how or when she got there. JL is never mentioned, ever. The run is assumed to exist alongside the rest of n52, but goes to lengths to completely ignore everything outside of wondy's universe. Seems rather obvious Azz just wanted to write an elseworlds

As for the amazons, Hera showed up and bitched at them, did her godly polymorph shit and then shit happens, Diana/Hera have characters arcs and short story is the amazons are brought back to fight off big bad and our heroes learn about the merits of forgiveness like a bunch of peace loving feminists or some shit. It's like they were a narrative tool for the character development of the main characters or something. Crazy really.

What are the redeeming traits of the original amazons?

I remember Diana breaking Hades' heart after promising to marry him.

Post crisis millenial fags hate that they turned Diana's race evil, but like a Superman from a continuity that turned his race stupid, senile and Barbaric?

>Women characters omega sucked balls for the majority of the goddamn past.

Because they had a shitty foundation to build on. That doesn't justify your shit-taste.

>A popular thing at that.

Ultimate Cap was extremely divisive.

Azz shouldn't make more shitty foundations then. The development was so poorly executed. What's the point of feeling like crap for most of the run and then they instantly fight a war for you in the last second?

That does not refute his statement. Your post is clearly downplaying what kind of civilization would abuse it's resources to the point of causing it's violent death. Isn't it also canon that the guardian kept the kryptonians planetbound because they were a bunch of dangerous imperialists?

>Azz shouldn't make more shitty foundations then.

I was talking about the sex on which the characters are based on.
It's hard to make a good story about warrior women or female civilizations when both have been a laugh stock in real life since forever.

To show forgiveness, you know, a defining WW character trait

Since when

But Krypton used to be a glorious futurist place; Something like new genesis. Superman turned into a good man because of superior Kryptonian and El family genes.

Are you serious

Then why did we not see forgiveness whenever they base WW's character to this run? She sounded like an asshole wondering why Superman would correlate himself to mortal humans

How exactly was Azz's run retconned out?

The fuck?

>Hey this one writer wrote her this way
>Well that can't be true because this other writer wrote her this way
this is not sound logic

Why not? you pick the best story as your favorite and have to deal with whatever the current canon is. We can't have jerk superman or gun shooting batman

His Amazons were weird fake illusion Amazons and the real Amazons were the usual peaceful master race/gender who kept Ares imprisoned on their island or some convoluted shit.

What are you even talking about?

I'm not too sure. I think maybe Azz's Wonder Woman combined with Superdad's Wonder Woman and her timeline changed when red and blue superman combined or some shit

Neither does Tolkien Elves.

And they suck balls too considering Tolkien's all consuming boner for them.

Sometimes I feel like cape comics would be immensely improved if the shared universes were dissolved and writers admitted they don't give a shit about whatever the last writer did and just made independent stories instead of making up some weird bullshit to justify doing things their own way

>Themyscira is in another dimension, and the Amazons are tasked with keeping Ares imprisoned cause he goes into tard rage sometimes
>convoluted
user, you may, in fact, be legitimately stupid. If you find that convoluted, I honestly don't know how you read comics and not kill yourself.

The Amazons are semi-divine beings in the DCU, they live in paradise because the gods created them with a higher spiritual understanding.

One of the reasons why I loved Invincible when it first came out. No shared universe with other comics until the spin-offs eventually happened.

It used to be a defining trait for the amazons too.

Everything that goes wrong for like the first three ages of Tolkien's story is because of either Morgoth or elves angry at Morgoth. The whole thing that jumpstarts their downwards spiral are elves killing each other over a bunch of fucking boats. Actually, if you really go back it started because one elf was a selfish prick and didn't want to give up his fancy jewelry to literally save the world.

Tolkien elves have some serious personality defects.

So was Diana actually raised by illusions then? Did the Ares she killed not actually die or was he not actually ares either? Did they erase that whole god of war plotline? Man what the fuck is going on with WW

>at least it adds some negative side to the Amazon's supposedly peaceful, perfect society.
That's not a good thing retard. The whole point of the DC Amazons is they were a deconstruction of the typical ""man-hating child-murdering abominations" story that got told time and time again.
How the fuck am I supposed to root for them if they're a bunch of psycho-bitches that hate everything that's not them while boasting about how "loving" they are.
If I'm reading about Amazons and they're supposed to be protagonists and supporting cast members I'm not supposed to be thinking "Go Ares, you slaughter those monstrous fucks before they castrate everyone in the British Isles again."

Marston said the whole amazon thing was just flavoring. He didn't really care all that much for the mythology of it and was just trying to create something that would attract boys so he could fill their heads with how superior it would be to be ruled by a society of women. He wasn't trying to make a deconstruction, it was just straight up propoganda

Haha, I semi-agree with you. But it seems admirable that they're trying to keep as much of old fans relevant. Even tho I don't like Azz's run, it's cool that it has its passionate fans and still live on thru Injustice 2

Seriously. What the fuck was DC thinking with the entire n52 era? It was a lot of very short sighted poorly planned revamps that shat on core concepts and long term story telling. The whole thing is a mess that's going to take even longer than its pitiful lifespan to untangle.

>and still live on thru Injustice 2
That's not funny user

They had too many stories in the same universe featuring different characters. It was bound to become a convoluted mess.

Are Fake Memories really such a hard concept to grasp?