Richard Rider is the best space cop ever. Hal Jordan doesn't even compare

Richard Rider is the best space cop ever. Hal Jordan doesn't even compare.

Agreed. Him killing Annihulus, Thanks Imperative, it's such a damn shamed he got replaced by that fuck Sam, and in the MCU rather than approach Joel Edgerton for the role they just went the quipfest make Groot cute and all kinds of shit route

But at least Hal Jordan's name isn't literally "Dick Rider".

> it's such a damn shamed he got replaced by that fuck Sam
Sam's a good kid, and Rich has been back for a while now.

At least Dick isn't retarded.

But that's one of the best things about him.

I can smell the casual on you a mile away.

That isn't even that bad compare to the gay vibe between Sinestro and Hal Jordan, Barry Allen and Hal Jordan and Oliver Queen and Hal Jordan.

Is Hal the biggest Slut of DC?

>a fucking planet

General consensus on Sam has shifted drastically due to the latest Nova run pairing him up with Rich.

You did read it didn't you, user?

Hal made Death his bitch.

yes

>not posting the pp throating panel just before it

No, it's Slade Wilson.

He also had metaphoric sex with Kyle.

Or Sun Boy.

I mean, say what you will about the Nova Corps, but at least they don't spend 95% of their time fighting over different colored flavors of Nova Corps

>metaphoric

I'm pretty sure Kyle ejaculated

They didn't start making more until Rich was gone. Really cheapens his time spent as the only one.
Also, not a fan of how they made him much weaker.

Oh my gosh the general consensus. Surely the ghost of loebs kid isn't a shitty character anymore now.

Is that Zoidberg?

Wheres this from?

Superman and the Legion of Super-Heroes, arc from the Johns Action run

You spelled Guy Gardner, wrong.

Nova corps has nothing on the GLC, and the introduction of more corps was hype as hell.

You're right, he was never a shitty character. People have just finally realised that.

i started liking sam wen he started to be shit on also the issue with the capitan was gold

Sorry, you're right, lemme fix that:
>Richard Rider is the best space cop ever. Guy Gardner doesn't even compare.

> Oh my god Brainiac, we're all Christopher Reeve!

Wished he had kept his Cancerverse powers.

I like both characters but I always liked Rich a bit more than Hal because while Hal is "the best of the best" and was from the day one shown to be special and unique and chosen for his bravery/will. Rich was initially a loser who is only a Nova because he was there at the right moment at the right time because Dey randomly selected a human.

He got his ass kick, he was insecure as fuck but after he became a superhero developed more confidence. then he went to space but decided he missed his home so he gave up his Nova membership and went back home only to find that his friends graduated high school without him and he was ashamed to go back for fear of being ridiculed, so he ends up being a high school dropout and flipping burgers at Mcdonalds.

Even when he got his Nova powers back his everyday life was kind of dead end so he went to the stars and the Annihilation Wave happened and from then on his life becomes hell.

And despite being a Cosmic hero he's still a literally who c-lister to the people of Earth (as are all the New Warriors, no one respects them) and he has essentially become a stranger and an outsider in his own home.

Also it's pretty clear that Rich has depression and sometimes thinks low of himself even if he displays a cocky attitude and doesn't let people shit talk him, but he's his own worst critic and worst enemy. I know before the Annihilation Wave he fought in space thinking he was going to get killed and when he survived he felt bad about it and then after losing his powers for the second time he tries to jump start them again by jumping off a building (because he figures that the first time Nighttrasher threw him off a building worked then it might work the second time) but before he does it he leaves a goodbye note to his girlfriend.

Rich has it hard, not saying Hal didn't (because he had some bad shit happen to him too) but Rich has always been all guts and no glory and it he just has a special place in my heart.

Who does Richard Rider have gay vibes with? besides this tentacle

I think he lost most of his powers so he'd be equal or weaker than Sam

I liked him when Duggan got his hands on him and then Loveness and Ramon gave him the potential to be a badass.

I mean Rich didn't start out a badass himself, it took the Annihilation Wave and Drax breaking him to get him there.

so were is the nova force rigth now? does rich still carry it? or is traped in the cancer verse?

It looked like he left in the cancerverse with Worldmind. I have no clue how he still has powers or is even alive, since his body needs it to function.

Didn't Richard kept the power of the Nova Prime since he was still in his Nova Prime state? The only thing that he really lost was Worldmind and his immortality and regenerative-healing factor. And we all know Nova Prime > Black Nova.

He said he didn't have it anymore when they were looking for a way to charge the cube.
Also, he called it "Nova Prime force", which isn't a thing.

Rich still has some Nova Force with him but he sacrificed some of it (and Worldmind) to feed into the dead Cosmic cube to open a door to the Cancerverse which never fully closed because Worldmind kept it open as long as Rich was in the regular world so he went back so it would close but before it could Sam jumped after him.

Then the second time he used some more plus Sam's to get out of the Cancerverse a second time.

Pretty sure if another write comes in they can just beef Rich even more.

Rich could split his Nova Force before and Worldmind has shown that he can take some of it whenever it wants so I'm guessing Rich has some and Worldmind has whatever Rich spent.

What I'm worried though is Worldmind with Nova force stuck in the Cancerverse, there is no way that's not going to come back and bite Rich in the ass.

>he called it "Nova Prime force"
Do you have the panel for that because I don't recall him saying that. Thanks.

so are sam and rich using the nova force even if they arent in the same universe anymore?
>you are a black nova you are faster than me
only part i didnt like of the book beside the captain america punching

Nova Prime lack the ability to teleport between realities. It was like that from Annihilation to Thanos Imperative. The Cancerverse powers of his was what allowed him to teleport between Cancerverse and 616. If Richard lost the Nova Force, he would literally die.

so if rich have a limited noa force that mean he could run out of it rigth? specialy since sam can drain as mutch as he wants since he is a black nova

>Do you have the panel for that because I don't recall him saying that. Thanks.
>If Richard lost the Nova Force, he would literally die.
I know, but he still says he lost it

Sam's Nova Force is stored and generated in his Helmet. Richard's Nova Force is stored in his body. That is one of the major difference between a black helmet Nova and a gold helmet Nova.

>so are sam and rich using the nova force even if they arent in the same universe anymore?
Sam's helmet runs on its own source, Rich took every bit of power with him for when he was going to do this

>so are sam and rich using the nova force even if they arent in the same universe anymore?
No one has bothered explaining WTF the Black helmet Nova force is and how they operate.

All we know with the Black helmet Novas is that they get their Nova Force from the helmets whereas Rich and all the gold dome Novas share a collective Nova Force and have a portion of them inside themselves.

>you are a black nova you are faster than me

That could have been Rich making it up to make Sam deal with the Knowhere bomb since he didn't want Sam to see him go Cancerverse crazy

>only part i didnt like of the book beside the captain america punching

Cap and Iron man both participated in the Civil War and ignored his distress signal along with the other heroes, I'm sure Rich has at some point wanted to punch every Earth hero who participated in that shit show.

Rich never ran out of Nova force he can be cut out from it (usually by Worldmind) and he can share it with others (like he did with Wendell and Robbie) but that usually means he gets less powerful himself.

How can he lose Nova force it if he's still using Nova force there?

In Sean Ryan's final issue, Worldmind tells him that it's reactor in the helmet that keeps it going.
I think Loeb is a terrible presence on Marvel, but at least that crazy bastard understood the usual power supply wasn't there for Sam and that's why he has to wear the helmet. Now everyone thinks that's how Rich works too.
Plus, Rich is literally saying he doesn't have it anymore or has at least been very significantly depowered.

>Sam's Nova Force is stored and generated in his Helmet
sorry i have read all of sam books but i guess i miss this part

I would assume he lost a portion of the Nova Force to the Worldmind after forcibly separating himself from the Cancerverse parasite that was inside of him. And thus becoming weaker as a result since he no longer contain the entire portion of the Nova Force.

I think he doesn't have enough to be Nova Prime but he still has Nova force because he's still using it. He cannot fly or shoot energy without it so he didn't lose it completely.

I can see him losing access to a portion of it since Worldmind had corrupted Nova Force and it was spreading it to the denizens of the Cancerverse (and it was affecting Rich too until he purged the Cancerverse tentacle thing).

I just want him to go full Cosmic at this point. The universe actually respects him and he's more than earned it.

But leave Robbie on Earth with their mom.

I think Duggan hinted at Robbie also appearing in his GotG run besides Rich so he might be there.

Also isn't Robbie suppose to have the potential to be better at handling the Nova force than Rich?

>larfleeze not one-shotting everyone

Silver Surfer in this

Then why was his series cancelled after only 7 issues? Why hasn't he had his own cartoon, live action movie or animated series? Why doesn't he have a long line of characters taking up his mantle instead of 1 shit one?

Too similar to Green Lantern

>>rings touching
Gaaaaaaaay

>not liking both
Why do you fuckers have to be so tasteless?

that said, Rich/Hal fic when?

Nova is a pretty cool guy
He deep throats space boners and doesn't afraid of anything!

And Constantine.

maybe Peter Quill?
The Annihilation events and Thanos Imperative was their best bromance moments.

And all those Corps do is fight one another.

OP clearly knows shit about Hal and just wants to feel better knowing that Cosmic Marvel was the last good thing Marvel has done and it will never come back.
>Meme off bro.

No shit, they were created for that, and it made GL the best thing at the time. BTW the Blue Lanterns are not villains, they were created to help the GLC, the indigo tribe can also be good, and right now the Yellow and the Green formed an alliance.

Impressive.

Its no shoop lol. It's legitimately the panel that comes pun intended just before the splash OP posted.

That's the reason why Sam loses his powers and his suit when he takes the helmet off. Normal Novas have access to their powers even when the helmet isn't on since they draw their powers directly from the Nova Force while the Black Novas get it through their helmets.

List of best space cops to worst:
>Guy Gardner
>Richard Rider
>Kyle Rayner
>Sam Alexander
>Simon Baz
>John Stewart
>Hal Jordan
>Jessica Cruz

The answer to all your questions, minus the movie, are a combination of Sam and Marvel being retarded.
Gunn cut Rich out of GotG for dumb arbitrary reasons