Just finished this movie on Netflixs

and it was pretty good!
Why does Sup Forums hate it so much? I thought a lot of the effects were pretty neat but all I've heard people say about them is that they suck. Whats up with that? Sure the story was set up in a lot of ways but hopefully it'll be payoff for a second one where we can get some really neat magic stuff going.

Because people like it. That's it. People like the movie so Sup Forums must hate it. Cause Sup Forums hates sarcasm in their capeshit movies, for some reason. Maybe they think that being sarcastic about a movie premise is their job and the movie is taking it away.

Or maybe it's the other folks who hat it cause ol' TildSway is plays an Asian character.

Ultimately I don't care, cause if there's one thing this website has tough me it's that other peoples opinions on Sup Forums are about as insightful and logical as a bag of lice. Including mine.

>Cause Sup Forums hates sarcasm in their capeshit movies, for some reason.
Because it gets old after 12 plus movies in a row?

>Why does Sup Forums hate it so much?
Sup Forums hates things that are popular.

This, when the movie came out there was pretty well received here...then as always, the contrarians came.

People who like the movie don't bother they defend it after the 1000th time, but those invested in it not being good will cry about how "shit" it was until the end of time

Sup Forums doesn't even know what sarcasm is.
Like, they say the USO tour in The First Avenger was sarcasm.

It was okay. Effects were rad, but the story was a by the numbers origin story and that formula's starting to get old, especially now that we're getting more sequels that are doing their own thing.

Make no mistake, it got nothing but praise here when it first came out.

fairly formulaic movie with a somewhat different ending
nothing truly spectacular nor anything truly bad so no real reason to discuss it

It's hard to avoid falling into that formula when you're working with Strange's origin. Still out of all the marvel movie with essentially that same story I think DS did it best.

So if I want to get into the comics where do I start?

I really liked it but there were certain things that bothered me

>stephen being such a MASSIVE asshole at the beginning and even after the accident
>mordo turning bad at the end was sort of sudden/drastic (did he really have to go and recripple that guy?)
>the constant setting changes got a little tiresome, was a little hard to tell if they were in london or NY at times
>Underdeveloped but really cool bad guy (sort of typical for the MCU now)
>sling rings were dumb, you dont need both your hands for the spell, but you need a special ring?
>the "dark dimension" looked like some stoner blacklight room
> the ancient one was a little too wooden, could barely be bothered to give a shit when she died
>nothing explained about the cape despite it being a better sidekick than mordo

but I really liked the whole time-loop ending thing. Bendy cumberbunch did some solid acting. the effects were killer. well paced and over all a fun movie.

>stephen being such a MASSIVE asshole at the beginning and even after the accident

My only problem with it was that they beat you over the head with all these terms about magic and the multiverse but they never actually show any of it, at least in an interesting way.
It all looked cool and the implications are huge, but that's just it. The "Marvel movies are previews for the next Marvel movie" meme really fits the bill for Doctor Strange.

my favorite thing about this movie is how retards will call it Iron Man 1 with magic when thats the single biggest pleb thing you could possibly say to criticize this movie. It often reminds me how young most posters are.

Its one of the greatest movies ever made.

>Sup Forums
there's the answer

>the constant setting changes got a little tiresome, was a little hard to tell if they were in london or NY at times

Strange himself never went to London. I don't even know how you failed to follow that. The London Sanctum got rekt before Strange even knew about the sanctums.

>sling rings were dumb, you dont need both your hands for the spell, but you need a special ring?

I think the reasoning for this is, they needed a way to be able to strand wizards in remote locations. If you don't need a physical object, then certain things like being trapped on the other side of a portal or "trapped in the mirror dimension" are meaningless.

>nothing explained about the cape despite it being a better sidekick than mordo

What needed to be explained about it besides the fact that it's a powerful magical relic and relics tend to "choose" people? It was basically the magic carpet from Aladdin. Aladdin didn't explain the magic carpet aside from saying that it was magic.

Don't know how good a starting point it is, but Way of the Weird was pretty fantastic. Did a great job of showing how cool it is to be sorcerer supreme, and also how much it sucks.

It was literally the magic carpet from Aladdin, and I love it for it. If we never get a scene of it playing chess with someone I'll be disappointed.

that slomo shot of bendy's fingers getting swallowed up by the dashboard was brutal, pretty good movie

That guy with one hand didn't make a portal, just showed he could do magic.
Sling rings make sense in the bigger picture as they use items to cast spells that take too much energy, and the only other thing we've seen capable of opening portals was an infinity stone.
Even the Bifrost just essentially shot you into other dimensions, it didn't open a full-on hole.

It's almost as if Sup Forums is not one guy and you don't have to hate the movie by simple virtue of visiting Sup Forums.

Also, fuck off with movie shit, there is a dedicated board to discussing that shit, this is COMICS and CARTOONS territory.
>B-but Dr. Strange is comics!
Dr. Strange is a fucking character. You don't go to /lit/ and ask what the fuck is the best version of Hamlet to watch

>forgetting muh (noncanon) Robbie and the Darkhold

>You don't go to /lit/ and ask what the fuck is the best version of Hamlet to watch
I would totally do that you sperg.

not him but how can I forget something I haven't seen

Didn't forget, I just don't watch Agents of Shield.
As far as I've seen of Robbie though he just travels from shadow to shadow, does he open full portals in the show?

Fucking do it shitlord. Now. With proofs.

A) no, and fuck off back to tumblr
2) I said I WOULD do that. IF I wanted to watch Hamlet. But I prefer movies about COMIC BOOK characters, which is why I'm here, and not on /lit/.
And lastly) Mods do actually delete off-topic threads on Sup Forums, and comic book based movies are never deleted. So shut the fuck up.

Pussy. Go back to Sup Forums to post Bane memes and stop spamming live action shit that doesn't belong here.

Darkhold magic lets a few people learn how to make portals, and Robbie later learns to use his chain as a sling ring. Same Dr Strange sparks on all the portals.

Well that's still focusing it on an object. And this IS a guy who can go toe to toe with the wrath of heaven and hell after all.