F is For Family

Just finished season 2. What'd you all think?

Second half kinda dragged with their marital problems and that big dramatic terrorism finale.

Also Maureen is still cute

It does kinda have draggy moments, but good solid season overall, 7.5/10.
That finale with that terrorist attack was kinda a little toooo weird.

I loved season 2.

F is for Family > Bojack

Yes I said it. Fight me faggots

Like that really means anything.

Poor bait user...get back to reedit

Is it just me, or was Sue a bitch to an unnecessary degree during their whole strife? Obviously Frank is the classic grumpy asshole who thinks he has to be the provider and never really supported Sue's job.

But damn, she just keeps shitting on him for losing his job, which wasn't his fault, and *forcing* her to put food on the table, as if she wasn't desperate to work in the first place.

That argument at the school was so one sided. "This never happened when *I* watched the kids." Shits on him for getting a new job because she never sees him, shits on him for stealing the money that she's hoarding away from him in secret (and not even for something frivolous but to cover the stock Pogo destroyed.) Then they go to couples counseling at her behest and he finally opens up that he feels like shit because she's doing better than him, and she shits on him all over again for treating it like a competition.

The kicker is when they're in the driveway in the last episode. He tells her good luck, she sarcastically says he doesn't mean it and when he gets his job back maybe it can raise his kids and fire him on Easter instead. Then she tells him to wait as if she's going to apologize, and asks if he has anything to say to HER before they leave like this.

Don't get me wrong, that sequence at the end where he realizes what a dick he's been is legit. But she's just as much an asshole to him. I dunno it just felt off to me, the guy's trying his hardest to stabilize his career for the family and she's constantly dumping on him because he's not constantly kissing her ass over her salad tosser. Other than that convenient dismissal of her at the diner, he wasn't that much of a dick compared to her.

I talked about this in the last thread, but I feel like the whole Maureen suddenly being super smart felt really tossed in

gotta get that trope a'goin!

I liked the first season, but I'm about three episodes into season 2 and I have no motivation to continue with it. It's pretty mediocre.

Am I the only one who noticed the Black Albino working in the circus?

>You remind me of my son. He came out Albino so we shunned him; sold him off to the circus. WE didn't know no better, it's what you did back then!

I really enjoyed it for the most part, but once Frank got a new job it really did feel like the plot was dragging and I didn't like how by the end everything went back to square one and everything is now like if it was the pilot, and the twist at the very end I feel doesn't justify it too much since it could've theoretically just start from season 3 onward in terms of development.

Also Smokey was easilly the best character introduced.
Eh, I can see why. F is for Family is more relateble and manages to be grounded in reality.

Shes expecting too much abd frank is givibg too little. You'll understand how its both their faults when you're older.

Pretty sure I did say it was both their faults. Read the whole post.

I absolutely hated Sue in season 2. She seems to have no flaws other than the bare minimum of what was needed to add drama to the plot through her yelling. She's completely saccharine sweet and soft spoken the majority of the time, perfectly takes care of everything when a problem arises, she's the only one who can invent a decent product at her company, and she's depicted where she is just a victim of an oppressive world. Hell even when she makes a mistake like selling the locket, she's basically supposed to immediately be in the right because her money was just stolen by Frank instead of deciding to sell it on her own terms.

In contrast, all the male characters are deeply flawed and cause a lot of their own problems. The best example I can give is that in season 1 Frank's racism ends up creating tension from the workers that costs him his job in the end.
In season 2 Sue gets her big invention stolen from no fault of her own which is just icing on the shit cake of the laughably over the top sexist guys at the company.

Writers who try to have a feminist message while still coddling the female characters ought to be flogged.

I wish Kevin had been a girl and Maureen a boy.

it was fantastic
can't wait for season 3

see you later user

Wow it doesn't take much for me. God damn it I'm a loser

was it good?