What are Sup Forums's thoughts on the Boondocks comic strip? Do you find it better or worse than the TV series?

What are Sup Forums's thoughts on the Boondocks comic strip? Do you find it better or worse than the TV series?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/En-K1_OeaM4
youtu.be/eKxKljMS6FY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Kinda hard to compare it to the T.V. series for me. It added so much to a point that trying to even match it in a daily comic strip would make it seem bloated and directionless.

But I enjoyed the strip's heavier focus on goverment politics.

Predecessor and to black twitter/tumblr "woke" nonsense.

I've always liked comic Cindy more.

>he thinks boondocks invented "woke"

oh. does... she change later or is she a completely different version from the show's Cindy?

Comic Cindy is a white girl who is curious about blacks and ignorant to the reality .

Tv Cindy is full Wigga, and really doesn't care about others opinions

youtu.be/En-K1_OeaM4

Also Riley seemed to be heading to Trap territory in the comics as well

comic is better for commentary on current events. I wish the strip had been going the rise of Obama. One thing the television show just was too slow to capitalize on.

intredasting, I made this same thread not too long ago.
I personally like the strip's subtlety more. the show always seemed way more unhinged and only got more over the top as it went on.

I think the show eventually became a lot more consistent, but in doing so it also became increasingly removed from the strip's attitude and tone than it already was, which makes them harder to compare. In some ways they seem aimed at different audiences.

I would kick a swan in the face for either comics or animated boondocks' take on Trump. Particularly Uncle Rukks.

Even then, the show didn't do much. It was much more about social commentary than it was political.

I feel like the strip shipped her more with huey
And show was more Huey
youtu.be/eKxKljMS6FY

You mean Riley?

Yes

>What are Sup Forums's thoughts on the Boondocks comic strip
Entertaining but has no Ruckus

Not really. Actually dude from the hood here. Most of them actually just think it's straight-up comedy and completely miss its entire commentary on and criticisms of mainstream American black culture. Seriously. For some reason, a majority of people in the hood lack an ability to be introspective and see any self-fault.

I think the college, uppity blacks you refer to don't really use the show as much for inspiration. Even the ones that pretend to be informed. They were both parodied in the show too, as Tom and that one time Thugnificent tried to come off as "grown up" and concious by wearing glasses lmao

Also RIP. May he text bitches in heaven and never need a printer.

>For some reason, a majority of people in the hood lack an ability to be introspective and see any self-fault.

Did they all forget to watch the show?

how come after the Fundraiser Shootout we never saw Cindy again after that.

plus the only time she broke down and lost her tough girl attitude.

I can still hear that
>"he's got that thuggin love "

Frankly, that's not exclusive to blacks.

I fucking loved the show, except season 4. I wish Mcgruder would pick it up again

>For some reason, a majority of people in the hood lack an ability to be introspective and see any self-fault.

Nah, that's the same as American History X or White Mans Burden and low income whites. Satire, I assume, is something you actually have to be paying attention in Lit class to ever recognize.