If Kryptonians can survive being sucked into black holes and shit...

If Kryptonians can survive being sucked into black holes and shit, why did anyone on the planet Krypton care that it was exploding in the first place?

Couldn't every person that lived on Krypton just fly into space and find a new planet?

red sunlight

Literally every Superman adaptation tells you why this isn't possible. 30 seconds of wikipedia tells you why this isn't a thing.

The only advantage Kyptonians not under yellow sunlight have over humans is a higher I.Q.

Kyrptonians only have powers under a yellow sun (blue too I think).

Read a Fuckin comic

You're an idiot

>Read a Fuckin comic
I only read "what-if" or spinoff cape comics, the other ones are gay (^:

>Only reads "what if"
>Didn't even read "Red Son"

Kryptonians were like the Chinese Empires they were very isolationist only cared about their homeland or homeplanet in this case where they didn't have powers cause it was located in a red star system and they need the light of a yellow or white star to activate their powers

Let's try something. You read some fucking comic books and don't post on Sup Forums until you've done this.

IIRC the only superman centric comic I've read involved him being really old and fed up with everything, young supervillains have taken over the world and there are only a handful of other heroes left but they just watch over their own little area and can't be fucked to save anyone else

It was really good, superman is interesting when he isn't perfect (pretty fuckin boring otherwise though

The "perfect Superman" is a meme for normies. He is just a farm boy trying to do good with a knack for sci-fi stuff.

>He is just a farm boy trying to do good with a knack for sci-fi stuff.
The few non-spinoff things I've read never have any suspense because supes just can't lose.
I get that he has some flaws, but what I mean is, the story got WAY more interesting when you make him a world weary old man and the planet is fucked, rather than a kinda naive dude in his prime that is pretty much invulnerable to all but one form of extremely rare damage and can punch universes apart.

No main character is going to lose, that has nothing to do with powerset. It's just common sense when future stories have already been solicited or published.

It's about the how not the if

do you remember what superman comic that was sounds good

>No main character is going to lose, that has nothing to do with powerset.
Thats why I like spin offs so much, I'm not sure how much of a normie this makes me, but my favourite series of all time is still Old Man Logan
But still, at least weaker heroes have more chances to fuck up and have the story get a little more hype before they win. With regular superman I really never care unless its like some kind of philosophical problem and the comic is more about supes' internal struggles since the external ones are skewed way too much in his favour

Isn't that what happens in everyone's book? Captain America doesn't win against his foes? Or Batman? Or Spider-Man? Or anyone? So does Superman.

>do you remember what superman comic that was sounds good
I tried to recommend it to a friend a little while ago and had a hard time finding it.
I _THINK_ its kingdom come, but I'm sure someone else here will know what it actually is and correct me

A better question is why the galaxy isn't a massive Kryptonian empire since they turn into invincible space gods under most types of suns and KNEW IT yet we're expected to believe that 99.9999% percent of them stayed on their homeworld where they were powerless.

>But still, at least weaker heroes have more chances to fuck up and have the story get a little more hype before they win. With regular superman I really never care unless its like some kind of philosophical problem and the comic is more about supes' internal struggles since the external ones are skewed way too much in his favour
That WOULD be true if Superman just went against bank robbers.

But his enemies or are REALLY tough guys (Mongul, Hank Henshaw, Eradicator, Darkseid, Doomsday, Zod), or have an edge against him (Parasite, Metallo, Manchester Black), or defies him in fields were his strength isn't of much use (Lex Luthor).

thanks found kingdom come and started to read it sounds close but if its not the one i will still read both

They stopped space exploration several millenia ago. I think the guardians might have been involved? There's also the eradicator shit too.

Only colony that survived was Daxam.

Kryptonians only have super powers under yellow sun.
Krypton was under a red sun so none of them were super powered.

They basically isolated themsevles with a bunch of bullshit.

During the 80/90s there was a thing where they had a genetic defect that killed them if they left the planet except for Clark who was genetically perfect

It was really dumb though so its not surprising they retconned it later

The Eradicator was created to protect the Kryptonian civilization. Being a robot with no sense of right or wrong, it decided that the best way to do this was to create a genetically engineered super-plague that forced Kryptonians to flee back to Krypton. The Kryptonians never found out what caused the super-plague but they noticed that it wasn't killing them on Krypton so they said "fuck it" and just stayed there.

Jesus Christ, this has explained since the fucking 40s.

what is OP refering to?

That does sound like Kingdom Come and if you only read one Superman comic that's a good one. I'd also recommend Red Son and All Star Superman if Elseworlds stuff is your thing

>A better question is why the galaxy isn't a massive Kryptonian empire

This is why I liked Invincible so much

If things are allowed to draw to their natural conclusion, yes, Kryptonians should be ruling the universe.

But also 80% of the roster is supposed to be on power rings.

Why doesn't Batman have a fear/will ring 99% of the time? Compassion for Superman? Fear for Scarecrow?

Every sector of space has a Green Lantern right?

Why didn't Krypton's stop the planet exploding?

The Guardians of the Universe are pricks.

Tomar-Re tried to stop it.
Everything about this is making me angry.

the Guardians had a big spree of going around dooming all the more powerful alien races to ensure they could never conquer the universe. if a handful survived, that was fine, so long as there weren't enough breeding pairs to revive the species. they screwed over the martians as well.

wow, what a load of dicks

And being an obviously very poorly-designed robot, the Eradicator also had no sense of his plan being really seriously fucking stupid.

there's a reason eradicator is a villain and not just clark's robo-butler

what's the etymological relationship between the word eradicate and the word radical?