ITT: We look at the crimes of the mouse

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=D3pF9owYlRI
youtube.com/watch?v=ZI14ex__zec
snopes.com/disney/wdco/daycare.asp
youtube.com/watch?v=9L9ZAdtNZc0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Cancelling this masterpiece, when it was picking up pace and getting interesting.

>No channel for cartoons that you can watch without their shitty live action shows

Not airing repeats of House of Mouse should be fucking illegal.

Let's get the whole copyright thing and coasting on public domains IP out of the way.

Not putting Pepper Ann on streaming or something

Creating the MCU and hiring shills/bribing reviewers with free screenings so they look unfavorably on any other cape movies

The MCU was created by Marvel when they were still independent

It was much of the reason they bought the company, and it is kind of frustrating to see it become such a corporate wet dream

and just like that, some retard has to drag this thing of course. piss off you irritating cunt.

Everyone does free screenings for reviewers you retard.

Can we talk about Disney instead of Marvel, I mean Disney owns them but they're basically a separate entity and can have its own thread.

This whole doomed-to-failure "World of Avatar" thing, the only logical reason I can see Disney doubling down on it like this is that they saw how much money that first movie made and severely overestimated how much of that profit was coming from genuine consumer interest in the burgeoning Avatar franchise versus how much of it was coming from empty hype.

The Wii effect, basically. Avatar was the Wii Sports of the film world, basically- the fad that made a bazillion dollars and everyone was briefly into before promptly forgetting forever.

Except Wii Sports was actually fun and showed off the capabilities of the Wii quite well

Fucking up the 101 Dalmatians: The Series remasters (and possibly the others?) with DVNR

youtube.com/watch?v=D3pF9owYlRI

All of this

youtube.com/watch?v=ZI14ex__zec

The original concept was bleak and depressing as fuck, I'm glad they changed it.

Sending Wander to their premium cartoon channel, where it was overshadowed in ratings by Gravity Falls and Star, then quietly disposing of the show 2/3 of the way through a written 3-season story.

>3d was popular for couple years during 50s before fading away
>3d was popular for couple of years during 80s before fading away again
>avatar comes out
>everyone is once again sure that the 3d is the way of the future and we have another couple years of 3d being forced everywhere

Did no one in film industry realize that this all had happened before and that 3d craze would die out in couple years?

Most of the biggest blockbusters are still being converted or shot in 3D.

The fact they hold on it for two years is the crime, it should be scrapped from the very start. All that wasted time and money on such depressing project. But I'm no libtard who teaches their kids to feel inferior because of their race, so what do I know?

Now we'll forever have kids and contrarians who think that ideas was "more interesting".

Manipulating/bribing the news media during the first opening of Disney World to cover up poor ride maintenance and park-goers getting stuck on the melting asphalt.

The animal abuse and murder within their documentaries done only to perpetuate old animal myths such as the one with Lemmings.

Pic related.

Where do we even start?

It's not "the future" but it's fine as a way to increase depth of field.

Trouble is people abuse the gimmick and don't respect the fourth wall. The depth should be on the other side of the screen and stuff should never poke out.

>execs
>thinking in time frames that go longer than 5 years
It's genuinely considered ill-advised to make plans further than 5 years in business, let alone entertainment. Ride the wave, see where it takes you, try to not get wiped out.

>turning Pixar into mush
>turning Marvel into mush
>turning LucasArts into mush

I'm definitely the type of libtard that you are making fun of, I think the tendency to equate animals/magical abilities with race is really poor storytelling and a weak analogy to start with.

I think they should've leaned more toward the differences between animals being more like disabilities. How Judy had to find her way utilizing her own physical strengths/working in a world that was literally not built to accommodate her would've been a much more natural conflict in this way. It also would've made the predators losing their minds less awkward because honestly how they had the predators saying "I'm from the SAVANNAH" definitely made it seem like THEY were the minorities, leaving the overall message that minorities are threats unless they are "civilized" which is problematic as hell.

So I think your read is wrong top to bottom, I find it really hard to find a way to make the analogy "white people = predators" for your white children to feel guilty about.

Zootopia was just sloppy storytelling and they latched on to symbolism when they could to give it some momentum.

not doing 2d anymore

Do you seriously believe that cost of admission is a sufficient bribe to a reviewer?

predators represent blacks and other other "dangerous" minoriies.in the dystopian version.

In the movie you can imagine predators and prey as any kind of individuals: nerds vs jocks, fans of team A vs team B etc.

Feels bad, man.

This. They shower their shill critics with gifts and free trips. It's pretty blatant.

The land is actually genuinely good though, speaking as someone who hated the movie

>implying wii sports wasn't in depth as fuck and still playable

>The animal abuse and murder within their documentaries done only to perpetuate old animal myths such as the one with Lemmings.
Yeah my animal behavior professor was able to clarify that one. Apparently the cameramen hired interns to take garbage can lids and smash em together, chasing after the lemmings until they fell off the cliff

Penguins of Madagascar made fun of this.

Shoehorning Guardians of the Galaxy into the California Tower of Terror

Fucking up the Imagination ride in the late 90s and shifting all budgets for a classical reboot to throwing CGI cartoons into other Epcot rides like Nemo and Frozen.

we all know that a one night stand with an ugly fat chick is enough to make a reviewer sell their soul

Taking away the licenses from Boom!Studios, and giving them to Marvel, who proceeded to not use them

all those rides are good tho
fuck maelstrom
and the tower there was just a cheap copy of the one in Florida
the nemo one isn't even that bad the seas are at least still there

it's just not fair..

Killing Club Penguin and replacing it with some shitty mobile equivalent. Not that I care much because I never lasted a day there without getting banned for calling someone a nigger or a faggot, but it was fucking shit up there.

*it was fun fucking shit up there

Frozen Ever After is just a princess meet and greet masquerading as a ride.

Merchants Oaken and Olaf create this big marketing pitch to go meet Elsa in her ice fortress, you pass by obnoxious troll children asking their parental figure to put the DVD on again for the 1200th time, Anna and Kristoff just exist to hype up your encounter with Elsa, who just sings Let It Go for no fucking reason and sends you off on the way after like 30 seconds and then her burly Character Host throws you off the mountain and you have an anticlimactic awkward singalong to In Summer because they forgot to shoehorn that song into the ride somewhere.

It's a mediocre experience that doesn't really belong in Epcot and a new build over at Magic Kingdom or something could have resulted in a much more satisfying ride experience rather then just slapping the characters onto a relatively low ride that was too short to begin with. There's these great plans from the 70s for a ride called the Enchanted Snow Palace and Frozen would have been the perfect way to finally build that. As for Maelstrom, there had been plenty of plans to update it without Frozen, more emphasis on trolls, but god forbid we showcase world mythology in World Showcase.

being founded by a pedo

THAT'S

That like that whole Jew thing has since been debunked.

Not giving masterpieces like "Song of The South" and "The Story of Menstruation" official releases.

>not understanding the context

I understand why they wanted to replace ToT with Guardians: They don't want to pay CBS to use the Twilight Zone name anymore.

So how the 3DS did it?

proof that this is real?

Having a great opportunity to do something fun with Star Wars at a time when everyone had very low expectations and just wanted to wash away the taste of the awful prequels from their mouths, yet somehow managing to fuck it up worse than George Lucas did.

WAGE

THEFT

They're building an entire new land for Star Wars. What's your definition of "fun"?

Letting Hirsch to rush Gravity falls and ending it at season 2

The time that Disney sued a few daycares who had pained Disney characters on the wall for the kids.

snopes.com/disney/wdco/daycare.asp

If Hirsch didn't leave, they were probably going to do a lot worse to the series. He ended the show before it got rotten.

we'll never now. I think it needed at lest a third season.

Rushing Episode VII out.

>yet somehow managing to fuck it up worse than George Lucas did.

This is never going to be true no matter how many times you people repeat it. TFA is never going to be worse then the fucking prequel films, that's never going to be the case.

>oh this movie was derivative of the originals, that clearly means it's worse then the trilogy that destroyed the lore, characters, visual storytelling, and themes of the original trilogy

Needlessly overcomplicating the plot of Kingdom Hearts.

TFA completely ruined an era where they weren't bound to have everything lead into the OT by making it OT 2.

>Shoehorning Guardians of the Galaxy into the California Tower of Terror
wait what
youtube.com/watch?v=9L9ZAdtNZc0

what the fuck is this garbage?

To be fair, you have to remember that shortly after Cameron announced to the public he planned to make Avatar a multifilm spanning franchise, already declaring 6 films are going to be made. It's not entirely Disney's fault Cameron can't keep a promise.

I feel like there's a tons of real crimes Disney has probably done behind the scenes and we're all just focusing on "things we don't like".

The most famous one was killing Lemmings for a faked documentary but I wonder what other dark secrets the mouse knows.

>Song of the South
>masterpiece

Ignoring the racist undertones, most of that film was straight up boring.

The new movies have been the complete antithesis of fun. Even the prequels are kind of entertaining if you're a kid, and the trainwreck itself was worth talking about, but the Disney Star Wars movies are worse than that. They're boring and bland forgettable nothingness to the point that it subconsciously killed my interest in the franchise in a way not even the prequels could do.

I remember the first thought in my mind after watching the first new movie was "It wasn't a trainwreck I guess" and as I continued to try and sort out whether I thought the movie was good or bad, I realized the reason why it was so hard is because it's so utterly devoid of anything to think about. It was a movie about nothing that briefly hides the fact that it's about nothing because it's constructed entirely of previous content in the series that your brain initially associates with things that were once something. What's worse it's all put together in the same exact formula that JJ Abrams already used with the Star Trek reboot.

They quite possibly did the worst thing they could do by following up 3 disasterous prequels with an unbelievably boring reboot. If ever there was a time you'd have a lot of leeway to take risks, it's after the guy before you already raped a beloved series so hard, you don't have to worry about living in the shadow of the first three movies.

Fpbp
Disney also sucks ass because they never release dvds and even if they do its the compilations and not the seasons.

>A scene where a girl is supposed to be sexy because it makes Mowgli realize he's human and thus leave the jungle, most likely the awakening of Mowglis puberty
>pedo
>as if every boy hasn't gone through this at some point
wew

i'll be honest, that scene got me at 6

Uncle Walt knew what he was doing.

wtf is that? Pastrami?

>looks at the food
>not at the tits

He was obviously hungry, not thirsty.

Buying the Muppets and doing nothing good with them since Jim died

That's the joke.

hre was some weird tv show recently, did you forgot?

In hindsight it's pretty obvious that Star Trek was Abrams pitching for Star Wars and Into Darkness was a trial run for how he was going to do.

Making High School Musical. Everything on this thread is just a logical consequence to it.

>bitch when george tries something new with the franchise
>it gets sold to a company that specializes in producing samey movies at yearly pace until the franchise has been milked dry
>bitch when they produce samey nostalgia b8 movies on a yearly basis

You deserve this.

Disney had nothing to do with KH becoming convoluted. They've never written anything for it.

>bitch when george tries something new with the franchise
they were fucking garbage. The new direction he took had little to do with it, he had just lost his vision and become a talentless shell by the time he was making the prequels. They were plagued with plotholes, horrible writing, and inscrutable characters. The pacing and structure, which were some of the strongest points of the originals were completely out the fucking window, replaced with boring, uninspired politicking.

I don't see how you can say anyone complaining "deserved it." Do you think that user had anything to do with Disney buying the Star Wars IP?

When the first Nu-Trek was out I asked a trekkie-friend what they thought of it. They responded it "felt like Star Trek for Star Wars fans."

i dont think franchise should be bigger than 3 movies and some minor side stories, just look at PotC or Toy Story.

come up with new, ideas, guys!

Nothing wrong with a lot of movies or episodes to a series. The problem is that very few make the overall plot worth having so much content at times. Hell, even things like One Piece are a tad bloated despite needing some of the bulk just to explain the way its world works.

k.

Never said Toy Story was one of the ones that is fine with numerous sequels, moron.

You guys are delusional morons. So WB definitely bribed people for WW to have a good score right? Like better than GotG2 which was Disneys big movie of the summer. It couldn't be that BvS and SS were shit.

Killing Adam West

Reminder that Disney is an evil bitch that locks everything away so no one can see it ever again

How long until the mouse once again extends the length of copyright protection?

looks like ham

Why didn't people like Tron Legacy?

>Want to watch Fantasia
>"lol you can't fucking do that"
>Just rent it from library
>If that wasn't a thing I could just buy a used dvd
>If that wasn't a thing I could just fucking torrent it
Seriously the "vault" concept is so stupid with the media being as saturated as is.

I think the art style scared a few people off, but after a couple of episodes it grows on you.

A year or two, if someone doesn't decide to do it this year to get a jump on it.

Giving Zack Efron work, when he should've stayed in the gutter.

>Disney World
DisneyLAND, user. That happened in California.

user you replied to here, I was trying to be funny by naming the shit Disney wants you to forget. (But Song of The South is pretty dull).

Please keep the camera on the left side of that guys face. Why do you focus on that shit dangling off his ear?