How come ever since Disney's move to CG, their movies don't really have iconic shots anymore?

How come ever since Disney's move to CG, their movies don't really have iconic shots anymore?

Because their 3D movies just barely started like ten years ago?

I don't know if I agree with that

There are like three of them during Let It Go alone.

user, that ballroom shot is composited on CG.
Yeah, the Tangled scene with the lights was AMAZING in 3D.

OP is full of shit

Not OP and it might be my own personal judgement, but I feel like something doesn't become "iconic" until it's parodied or referenced a shit ton. I think that's why Mickey Mouse in the red robe in Fantasia, even though it was a flop, became iconic. Because even though the other shorts are great, no one remembers them outside of animation fans.

I find the Up! montage scene rather iconic because of how often people parody it.

>I feel like something doesn't become "iconic" until it's parodied or referenced a shit ton
>Let it go not being referenced a shit ton

The song is popular, I don't know about the actual visuals themselves.

They are popular too, my friend.

Could you link or reference to some? I legit haven't seen TV shows parodying the actual scene, just the song.

You make it sound like there were any iconic Disney iconic scenes after 2002 OP.

The song and the scene are compliments

How are we suppose to know if something like Zootopia will be iconic if it's only been out for a year? Don't you need the test of time to actually know if something becomes iconic? It's like predicting something will be a classic when it comes out.

Beauty and the Beast was considered a classic but apparently for the remake, Belle was too weak and they had to amp up her headstrong attitude for modern audiences, so who the fuck knows what people will consider "iconic" or classic a decade from now.

I don't have a link but one of the lip sync battle in the jimmy fallon's show had one guy making a parody of it.
It is easy, you pick a famous movie, and try to think in the most famous momment of said movie. If that momment is usually brought up by the people who talk about the movie, then that is an iconic scene.
>Beauty and the Beast was considered a classic but apparently for the remake

>It is easy, you pick a famous movie, and try to think in the most famous momment of said movie.
I mean, what would be the difference between famous and popular then? Minions is currently popular, would that mean "BANANA!" is an iconic scene? Or no, because it most likely won't hold the test of time?

Moana wasn't very popular or famous, so does that mean that movie has no iconic scenes even though You're Welcome and Shiny are popular songs?

Are they that popular to begin with?
In any case, it means they are widely recognized and associated with the movie.
For example.
Star Wars iconic scene = The father-son sword fight.
Just because some movies have iconic scenes, it doesn't mean they are classical movies, and therefore it doesn't mean they are classical scenes that will remembered for long time.

this is actually a good question cuz as much as these guys would disagree these are not iconic scenes

The slow motion scene in Moana was pretty fucking great

Let It Go and its final LET THE STORM RAGE OOOOOONNNNNNNNNN
is pretty iconic, or at least has the makings of it.

The thing is that for something to become truly iconic, it has to show it passes the test of time, and so anything too recent can't be "iconic" in the same way yet, because the nostalgia and imitation factor isn't there. It's hard to tell what becomes iconic, you need some distance to be able to say that oh yeah, that moment became iconic because it was repeated so much over the years.

However Frozen is so popular and influential and Let It Go was parodied so much, I'd say it's iconic, you can already now see it's gonna be iconic

But in general, I'd say the 3D movies are all too recent to be iconic yet.

Because Disney has competition now.

Quick question, can you make a list of any sequences from CG movies you'd consider 'iconic'.

Toy Story: Buzz flying with Woody, arms outstretched
How to Train Your Dragon: Toothless putting his head on Hiccup's hand for the first time
Up: Intro montage
Monsters Inc: "Goodbye Boo" door closing shot

And I'm sure Finding Nemo and WALL-E if I can remember those movies. Mostly Pixar. Maybe something from Shrek? Maybe?

360° CGI rotations replace 2D iconic shots. Update you folder with webms.

because everything is smooth

Wall-E would either be that scene where he's watching the sunset with a powered-down Eve or the space dance.

Hard Mode: No Musical Sequences

Tangled would be Rapunzel descending from her tower.
Mulan would be having all of China bow to her.
The Hunchback of Notre Dame would be Quasimodo holding up Esmeralda screaming sanctuary as Paris burned.

Disney tended to parody itself a lot with these shots, leading to further parodies. They were also shown in countless previews. But right now, neither of those things happen.