Why does everyone hate this ship?

why does everyone hate this ship?

sam was a hypocritical asshole
obviously it wasnt the writers intent, but she came off as loving dannys ghost powers more than danny

and they pulled the "not my girlfriend" card too much
i love that cliche a lot, but you cant have it be the basis of the entire relationship

>not my girlfriend

i just don't like sam

how was she a hypocritical asshole?

She was outspoken about individuality, but the very first episode has her force the entire school to go ultra-vegetarian like her.

The very basis of the relationship is cliche and uninteresting, and there's not a lot of substance that makes it unique. It's a generic relationship that doesn't really have any good hooks to it. And you have characters just dying to see them get together because "everyone can see the love" or whatever.

It's really weird, because the Danny/Valerie ship is more fleshed out, despite having much less focus. Valerie hates the Phantom, but likes Danny. And she comes to like Danny after getting to know him over time.

WOW, you're a genius, never thought about that

>everyone
Just Paulinafags, Valeriefags, and Fujoshits..

Because Sam was a huge bitch worse than Paulina but we were supposed to be on her side for some reason.

And Valerie was the better gf.

Twat forced school to eat dirt and said she is not Danny's girl.
P.S.: last time seen were 12 years ago, memory can be poor

>Danny/Valerie ship is more fleshed out
Yet every single episode focused in it showed that Danny and Sam would rather fuck each other

Doesn't change the fact that they put much more effort into developing a more unique relationship between Danny and Val.

>Goth characters being hypocrites

Is this a running joke in western cartoons?

It inforces the idea that girls and boys can't be friends and can only date each other.

>implying that's a good thing.

NO!

She's a kike
Somehow I'd rather him date the groid

This is why I hated Kim and Ron getting together at the end of the show.

Kim/Ron deserves praise for actually showing two main characters in a relationship without fucking over the show or having to resort to stupid cheap drama.

explain

It was still forced.

that's why it was forced, they had no romantic interaction until the end

What about the Emotion Sickness episode?

I had a lot of girl 'friends' as a kid and people would always ask if we liked each other. Even kids would ask us.

I always preferred Ron with Iori.

Reminder Butch Hartman fans are autistic retards

Fuck you :)

that was just one episode.

What about Kim getting jealous of Yori

agree. what kimpo did unlike most shows was keep going after they hooked up and showed them still being really good friends
its sends a very different message to having partners hook up at the very end of the last episode as though that's actually all that mattered all along

that's more of surprise than jealousy

To be fair, the romantic movie was intended to be the finale, they just got a surprise renewal after that.

But it does show good writing that they decided to go forward with Kim and Ron as a couple and made it a ground rule that there would be no retarded cheap drama between them.

She chases them all around the globe because she doesn't want them to be alone together, and Wade and Monique outright say that she is acting jealous.

whoa m8 calm down don't shoot me please

Actually faithfully done goth characters, because SP does their research. Most Sup Forums "goth" characters only vaguely look the part, which is just one aspect of it.

fpbp

>best/most fleshed out ship in the show
>white boy and black girl which is unheard of
>best dynamic in the show, danny can't have her know that he is Phantom in fear of rejectment from her, Valerie is fulled by her hate of Ghosts and Phantom
>they where cute too
>she gets ditched after three to four episodes and cucked by an emo bitch
Life is suffering

They where a good team to minus the bitching

It was forced as hell and terribly done. Ron took much spotlight from Kim and that shit aint fly.

>Paulinafags

People actually shipped Danny and Paulina together?

Valerie and the Fujos I get but Paulina was such a 1 Dimensional Bitch. How anyone could like her beyond Fapbait is beyond me.

Blame Butch "Ghosts are interdimensional beings, not dead people" Hartman. He kept forcing Sam where she didn't belong.

It happens, there were people that liked Bonnie in KP and hate Kim/Ron just because either Ron and Kim didn't end up with her.

Sam doesn't deserve Danny

Is Valerie Gray the Pacifica of Danny phantom?

because i wanted danny to fuck paulina

Kylie from Extreme Ghostbusters was generally alright

No, she was relevant for more than three episodes.

>paulina
>in any way desirable or redeemable

She is rich, then again so is Sam so Danny has already that covered with her.

yeah thats why i wanted him to fuck her

>not wanting a bf with cool superpowers.

Pleb.

>but she came off as loving dannys ghost powers more than danny
I thought the whole point of DP shipping was that:

>Paulina loved ghost boy but hated Danny
>Valerie loved Danny but hated ghost boy
>Sam loved both

>Sam loved both
Until Ghost Planet when Danny got rid of his powers, then she lost her crush on him.

She told him that his powers made him unique and that without them, the spark was gone.

The subplot with Valerie was actually interesting, while the Sam/Danny relationship was milquetoast as fuck. Of course people are going to be annoyed when the show drops something pretty good for something boring.

I don't get how Valerie's weight fluctuated drastically and how her suit changed her entire body structure.

They actualy referenced that when jazz takes on her mothers ghost hunter suit

It would be litteraly the miraculous ladybug plot for better or worse, but it would be still interesting to see how that would have panned out.
But no, we got that abnormination that is Phantom Planet

It was good in that one aspect. If only everything else about it wasnt forced

Because Sam wasn't a likable or interesting character. And her soapbox attitude made Lisa Simpson look subtle.

>implying a soapbox attitude is bad

It's so common, Paulina or Val would have been 10x better.

how is it common?

MC + Opposite Sex BFF

That sounds more like a (you) problem. Get over it.

Pardon my cancer for quoting TV Tropes but it seemed easier than writing it myself.
>She says she opposes violence yet is fine with hitting her friends, namely Tucker, even when it isn't needed. She despises forcing beliefs and opinions on to others yet forced the entire school to eat her "recyclable organic matter" because "we don't need meat". She scolds Danny for using his ghost powers against powerless school bullies yet she's okay with causing millions of dollars in property damage to a dealership because they were selling eco-unfriendly trucks. She spied on Danny during his date with Valerie in "Flirting with Disaster", yet when he spied on her during a date with a new student in "Double Cross My Heart", she gets angry and threatens to end their friendship.

Same reason people shipped Timmy with Trixie Tang. Brainlets can't really see past "muh prettiest girl" even if she treats the main character like complete shit.

you're thinking of Starco

And literally anything with 2 opposite sex MC's. You must have only just started watching TV. This isn't even unique to cartoons.

NYPA anti-Hartman guy.

Honestly the last episode ruined her character for me, it was the final straw. Danny lost his powers and was finally happy and enthusiastic to spend time with his friends, then she tells him straight up "lol without your powers you're just a boring, average kid, that's the only thing about you that interests me". I raged hard, way back then. Whereas Valerie legitimately found his regular self appealing.

Sam is a huge cunt and the basis of their relationship was that no one else wanted so much as to even be seen with either of them and they were shipped by proximity. She's hot though so I can see why Danny would be oblivious to how unpleasant she is.