Green Lantern The Animated Series

What went so right?

One word. Aya. A waifu to die for.

who else bought the blue ray

No, but I bought the soundtrack

LANOS

No boring, corny ass John Stewart.

Everything but the animation

It was fun. Not as great as Sup Forums likes to preach, but I had a fun time.

He was going to be the next guest Green Lantern. Hal even foreshadowed him.

>"You should go to a safe distance. I can take it from here".

Story and characters. Pulled off more in 13 episodes than some did in entire seasons. Told TWO complete arcs in the span of one season with plenty more set up for the future seasons that sadly never came, where others struggle to move the plot along a little further in one whole season. All the same it never sacrificed developing and establishing relationships, characters, or worldbuilding.

The art style left a lot to be desired, with a ton of episodes feeling very barren as a result, but they more than made up for it with some really well done animation.

>TFW no Razer and Aya in the comics
>TFW when Aya made a brief appearance in the Smallville comic only to never appear in the comics again

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>and they made her look like a man to boot
This is not okay

>The art style left a lot to be desired, with a ton of episodes feeling very barren as a result
>The Steam Lantern episode where the cramped Industrial Revolution style society consisted of literally about 3 people
Crowd scenes where you cant copy paste mooks is really one of CGIs biggest weaknesses
>TFW no Razer and Aya in the comics
Why would you want that?

the fact most of the action happens in space really helps the bugdet.
CGI in tv shows need to be stylized to be bearable.

cancelled

;_;7

To be fair, most DC shows used to have 13 episode seasons. They just had double the order, so they just split it in half instead of stretching too much.

Beware the Batman ended up doing the same thing as well, though with one arc being 14 and the other 11.

>2017
>Aya and Razer are still not comicanon

Sup Forums grossly overrates this show.

It was okay, but it wasn't anywhere near the other Timmverse shows.

I was pretty crushed when this was cancelled at first, but looking back it really couldnt have had a better more satisfying ending. The series was pretty much Razers story, and we ended exactly at the climax of his arc

Humans eat WHAT?!

>The series was pretty much Razers story, and we ended exactly at the climax of his arc

Which sucks, because this is supposed to be a Green Lantern series, and little attention was placed on actual Green Lanterns.

I suppose the next season was going to actually use Hal, since it would've begun with him being framed for a crime and his relationship with Sinestro. But that feels too little, too late. The fact that all of the GL mythos stuff wouldn't have been touched until the following season doesn't make it satisfying in the slightest.

Did it? I watched it some on TV but it seemed kinda empty and nothing special.

That shit was amazing.
People were constantly shitting on him, and despite knowing that he would surely die, he took that bullet.
That show was great and I miss it.

the characters all being likable is rare in cartoons these days

Rewatching it now

Fuck, the Blue Lanterns were on point. I mean I love them by default but still, perfect Saint Walker.

I really wish it had gotten one or two more seasons; just for the Sinestro Corp really, annoying as fuck to have him in a ep but never going full yellow.

I wish we got a Sora episode

like the team go to some war torn planet and she's running a make shift triage center just trying to keep people alive to the point where she can't go fight the guys attacking them and we get some hamfisted moral lesson about how war is bad for the sake of the networks