BROADCAST ARCHIVAL AND PRESERVATION PROJECT

For those without a Myspleen account, here are some Cartoon Network and Adult Swim broadcasts I uploaded to Mega a little while back:
mega.nz/#F!E54WHZwK!A5b1znKuZNn-BXuiTWeRZQ

Also here's a google doc with a few more things:
docs.google.com/document/d/1qrPjyrt9un5ZsN2hQOYz29MFgrmwO2geSdFQNKpt0Zw/edit

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/co/thread/92886215/
mega.nz/#F!m180zJDa!l5fafgFoddD82DdQIEuIqg
mega.nz/#!g3IQ0a6D!3NOLmfKJ1CATN83bWiGCh3lLCFhNEBlcs49JShtxxGk
mega.nz/#!ImBQwayA!hey_tDAcsAai2R99K-phN0Cipyj2GGqVbcmdoE8R5DY
mega.nz/#!RuxGHTAY!lKZ8hVRgw3scFP7Yk_x7-2f8iI7mhAponM4aCR4wPuw
mega.nz/#!Nv4SCKzD!gDlZCEkK7unZaoSkQiawmjfx577RwtOAGIvgfQ8Jjxs
mega.nz/#!cnY3GaJA!n4VKK8g1XJ4JTH1S7smZ8QlZAkfyf9A5GYbB57PavRw
mega.nz/#!xmRzRQpQ!lnpmtq4kJovSxYDLpR3vUyB2F1b38ZFp-hlTbvfFasY
mega.nz/#!w35kzLKB!5fp5ZNZ_RzrHlCVtlycnt6iozcf8lUJBDky4Pxbxolk
pastebin.com/8THrXMnV
mega.nz/fm/Zzxy3ZZI
mega.nz/#F!L4gnQCDQ!D3mQ-5WwWY-c5AF8un2a6w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yoooo! Been waiting for another one of these to show up.
I just got one of those cheap USB capture cards. Once I can get sound working in the capture software I can start going through my tapes.

what tapes you got?

The closest ones to hand are Noggin broadcasts c. 2000. That cap is from a tape of a Fox TV movie probably from the same time. I also have some mid-2000s CN, Disney, and Nick tapes, and Comedy Central-era MST3K recordings.

sweet! I look forward to that!

>Noggin broadcasts c. 2000
Oh god, I am not ready for that trip, but I'm fuckin excited to see them.

Bump

>I also have some mid-2000s CN, Disney, and Nick tapes

oh shit, please. The majority of myspleen uploads are early 90s- 2000. I need more mid-2000s in my life.

You're a hero
>Been waiting for another one of these to show up
I think the idea was updates on weekends, but don't quote me on it.

Yup. Every saturday i believe. Thread seems a bit dead today but hopefully once we set a routine it will pick up.

I wish I knew how to use whatever a capture card is and stuff so I could help

An amazon search for "usb rca capture" shows you the sort of device you would need. All you do is plug the VCR into it and the computer can capture the tape.

Also maybe read the reply chain from last week about time base correctors.
That would cost a little more money though.

Anyone downloading anything off MySpeen?

I was trying to get a copy of a G4 E3 recording from 2008, but it seems to be a dead torrent.

How do you get into MySpleen?
I suppose they are recruiting on Sup Forums-related trackers, right?

The one I got is a Chinese one off of eBay. They're like 9 bucks and come with drivers -- essentially it's a webcam with a microphone.
I've gotten the included software to register the video only, and on a lark the audio and video worked on a Skype call, but I still have to finesse it into letting me use it as intended...

The best you can do is put in a requeste for a reseed.

Once you're a member for a while you get 10 invites, and it's a lot of Sup Forums related material so sometimes people post emails to get invites here.

I don't have any invites left but stick around long enough and I'm sure some will come up. If you get in be sure to observe the rules and the FAQ.

Bumping with caps.

Does anyone have Cartoon Network or Adult Swim broadcasts from 2002 - 2004? I'm currently looking for them :]

Nice

Also does any one have a link to the thread from a week ago? Some great shares and good advice in there.

My project is almost done, been a few weeks but i've just about wrapped it up.

VERY historically important show, excited to share.

>inb4 a shitty upscale presented as a remaster that ruined the copy you had of something that would have been interesting to see otherwise

>Once you're a member for a while you get 10 invites

they've stopped giving invites so users that have them will probably be more stingy with giving them out. You're supposed to get an invite a week with a max of 10 but i stopped receiving invites months ago

I got lucky the other day and just ran into the right user. Just ask around and I'm sure you'll get one. If I ever get some I'll pass them around in threads like these.

Not that kind of a restoration, just a compilation of rare files.

>CaptainBZarre
Oh shit you're the guy who gave me an invite through reddit, thanks!

Nice meeting you here! ^_^ Its getting tougher and tougher finding recordings but I'm glad this thread exists.

Do you have any rips of the Moxy show or World Premiere Toons/What a Cartoon?

I actually got an update from someone saying that he had some recordings with Moxy Show fthat aired really late at night in 1998. Unfortunately, the person who had them told me that the tapes are currently hidden in storage somewhere, but that he'd try to send them to me at some point. I don't have any What A Cartoon related recordings on me at the moment, unfortunately.

Nice! Good luck with that.

Congrats on the JBVO find by the way.

I have a pack of What a Cartoon, I'll start uploading them.

You're welcome! The other lost media things I'm looking for are the "Cartoon Network Responds" segments from 1998 where they would give insanely stupid answers to viewer letters and the live-action Cartoon Network's Fridays segments from 2003 and 2004. I'd legitimately give a free MySpleen invite to anyone who has that stuff.

With commercials? I know about the ones on MySpleen but I've yet to come across an episode with all the commercials intact.

No, just the ones from MySpleen unfortunately :(

Ah well. Thanks for uploading them though! I know not everyone here has a MySpleen account.

Weird. I noticed that too but there wasn't a statement on it.

>through reddit
ree

or
desuarchive.org/co/thread/92886215/

Is there a way to transfer Emas Z tapes? Very specially coded.

I won't say anything about but please don't use emoticons, thanks.

had to get that invite somehow my dude

Here's that pack.

mega.nz/#F!m180zJDa!l5fafgFoddD82DdQIEuIqg

Awesome thanks for that!

So how do I download 19 gb without being locked out due to limit?

Have some Cartoon Network broadcasts, on me!

Toonami September 2003 Full Block (SD Gundam, DBZ, Cyborg 009, IGPX, Dragon Ball) mega.nz/#!g3IQ0a6D!3NOLmfKJ1CATN83bWiGCh3lLCFhNEBlcs49JShtxxGk

Toonami March 2007 Full Saturday Block (ft. The Invincible Iron Man & more): mega.nz/#!ImBQwayA!hey_tDAcsAai2R99K-phN0Cipyj2GGqVbcmdoE8R5DY

Toonami Midnight Run: Special Edition with commercials (special 1-hour block of Toonami music videos plus ones from Daft Punk, Kenna, etc.) mega.nz/#!RuxGHTAY!lKZ8hVRgw3scFP7Yk_x7-2f8iI7mhAponM4aCR4wPuw

Toonami Full Cycle - 5 hours (special 24-hour Toonami marathon from 2000; this recording has ThunderCats, Sailor Moon, PPG, Dragon Ball Z "Dead Zone" movie, Gundam Wing) mega.nz/#!Nv4SCKzD!gDlZCEkK7unZaoSkQiawmjfx577RwtOAGIvgfQ8Jjxs

Toonami Movies - "Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz" broadcast (November 2000) mega.nz/#!cnY3GaJA!n4VKK8g1XJ4JTH1S7smZ8QlZAkfyf9A5GYbB57PavRw

Toonami Movies - "Dragon Ball Z: The World's Strongest" broadcast (November 2000) mega.nz/#!xmRzRQpQ!lnpmtq4kJovSxYDLpR3vUyB2F1b38ZFp-hlTbvfFasY

Cartoon Cartoon Fridays Christmas Party in July (2001 - features KND pilot premiere, new Time Squad, various other shows, random episode of Samurai Jack at the end) mega.nz/#!w35kzLKB!5fp5ZNZ_RzrHlCVtlycnt6iozcf8lUJBDky4Pxbxolk

Hope you all enjoy!

How did you get that tape?

Based bump

I think I saw this guy on MySpleen, if it's the same guy, I asked him and he said he finds them on Ebay I think with the right search terms. Maybe he'd be fine with me saying that, it's not that personal.

I'd love to have these kinds of tapes.

Added to the Google doc.

Cool

>he said he finds them on Ebay I think with the right search terms.
Interesting...

Just search for or broadcast VHS. You'll find mostly blank broadcast quality tapes but the Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, FOX and etc broadcast tapes will show up once in awhile.

Not him but when I search i find "SOLD AS BLANKS" listings, with tapes labeled with recordings, does this mean they somehow wiped them or just that they're selling them to be taped over? Seems weird to single out a use like that, but it seems weird anyway

When you see SOLD AS BLANKS it means they're selling tapes with recordings on them and when you buy them you can record on them or keep what's already on them

bump

Any Neon Genesis?!

>How do you get into MySpleen?
Post an email that you don't intend to sign up with.

Would anybody care about an early 2000's TechTV tape? There's several episodes of Lain from when they had Anime Unleashed. I might have one or two CN tapes too, got a capture device recently too.

Jesus Christ, did they really broadcast with VHS?

DO IT user

They're screener tapes

I have two episodes already copied, but they're over a gig and a half each. Wat do?

That's normal if not a little small. Besides getting them uploaded to multiple places, you should invest in moving them to some kind of external storage.

Alright, wasn't sure if it was too large or something. Uploading the first part of the tape to a random site atm, figure I can pastebin in a link when it's done assuming it works right.

>It's that time again
I can't fucking wait to see what shows up this time.

Holy fuck, thank you so much dude!

oh god these are amazing. someone tell me there's more cartoon cartoon fridays and one saturday morning broadcasts.

Cartoon Network back when they were the Hanna-Barbera Channel?

pastebin.com/8THrXMnV
The audio quality is worse than I'd hoped for

Do it, man. We'd take whatever tapes you got.

mega.nz/fm/Zzxy3ZZI
Second episode from Tech TV tape, all I have copied right now though there's a few more episodes on the tape.

Awesome, thank you user!

I would kill for a Month of Miyazaki Toonami rip.

I can copy over the rest in the morning, the last half of the tape has the last hour of an Adult Swim broadcast. I wish I had more TechTV stuff, I remember being fascinated by anime appearing on any other channel than CN at that time.

Does anyone here have Cartoon Cartoon Fridays recordings? I'm mostly looking for those from 1999 and 2003, although any would be appreciated.

Any tapes would be awesome, man. Thanks.

bump

fucking faggots, unironically kill yourselves

Man I don't like that site either, but there's no reason to act like a sperg itt if they're doing something cool.

mega.nz/fm/Zzxy3ZZI
Threw the third episode on here, though it might not be up for long. Putting the last Lain episode on there now, and that should wrap up the TechTV broadcast from this tape.

Sound is working now.

As someone born in '83 I love that myspleen has recordings of old premium Disney Channel (you know, when they showed cartoons like The Raccoons and whatnot) as well as late 80's/early 90's SatAM broadcasts. It's a fantastic site to have available if you want a trip down memory lane.

DUDE! You got Franklin??

God knows! Most of what I recorded on Noggin is Sesame Street Unpaved. Possibly some 3-2-1 Contact.

Myspleen
>wonders why that sounds familiar...checks and sees I've been a member for 12 years

How does one get a MySpleen invite? Have some stuff I'd be willing to upload.

Stuff like fucking CATSCRATCH baybeeeee
> mega.nz/#F!L4gnQCDQ!D3mQ-5WwWY-c5AF8un2a6w

Post email.
Sorry, other people. Just doing the one invite.

No joke?

[email protected]

Oh no I've been identified, but oh well.

For you , whoops

Thanks a lot!

Use it wisely, use it well.

/marked/

reported :^)

If anyone still has an invite, I have some stuff to upload like FLCL recordings from 2003

[email protected]

This place is heaven.

I notice there's a fair few Amazon and other online rips for old cartoons (scooby doo and such). Are they usually upscales from 480p or actual native 1080p?

Will answer that myself. It's crystal clear, original grain with no smearing (unlike the DVD versions).

Surprised Amazon is given the originals, I'd honestly assume they'd just use the DVD versions.

Bump; I'm still interested in Cartoon Network & Adult Swim recordings from 2003 or 2004.

Same.

Anyone got HD versions of Max Fleischer's Superman from the 40s?

Not on myspleen, think I got a DVD rip from somewhere else but think there's better versions on iTunes so someone else might have them.

Sweet

bump: Anyone got any 2005 recordings?

bump

/ptg/ pls go

Warner Bros put out an official DVD awhile back for Superman's 75th anniversary (or when Man of Steel came out) and i'm pretty sure they remastered all the shorts for it.

bump

Adding a bump as I upload the adult swim broadcast from the end of my techtv tape

haha you're a faggot