You were charged with making that failure an A-lister. How will you do that?

You were charged with making that failure an A-lister. How will you do that?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xruHo6oB_4I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

NO MOVIE ALLOWED

I dunno, the same way the majority of the MCU was made.

Likable characters that aren't excessively broody cunts with an easy to recognize and appealing design.

First, he can't be called "Wonder Man".

Second, you have to put him away from Wanda. People simply like Wanda and Vision better, he is, therefore, a jerk trying to fuck a loved couple, and nobody likes these guys.

Stop killing him.

Establish his powers better.

Ten years doing this and he may become a B-lister.

Here in my hue-country his name codename is Magnum.

Cast a young white hunky Actor

And don't make him a coded gay

The relationship with Carol was pretty good for both of them

Bring back the friendship with Beast, have both of them in the same book

Brazil, I suppose.

I'm Brazilian, too.

Hire Busiek.

>Goes by Wonder Man
>Parties all Night
>Saves people during the day
>Gets more ass than a toilet seat

Play up the fact he's immortal and indestructible.

>Immortal and Indestructible
>Dies every Tuesday and gets his ass kicked every Monday

That's easy, I make a mo-

Fuck.

Sim, amigo. O que vocĂȘ acha que poderia ser feito nele?

Shit, that's way cooler.

Maybe try something new with him, focus less on his Avenger's ties and more on him as an individual. He ever spend much time travelling in space? He could probably have some really good solo space adventures, maybe even have him star in space movies, in space. Made by space directors.

Bring back the Wonder Man/Beast dream team.

You'd have to have him in all media besides movies, if you can't do movies.

Then you'd need to give him an influx of high profile writers and make his books a regular thing like any other hero. The trick to making it work is making sure you have editors, so you'd have to hire ones first. So with a bunch of high profile good writers with compelling relationships and decent plot you couldhave him grow on people. His other hug benefit is that he's an original hero, not some bullshit minority wearing a mantle for some hack's personal agenda, so it's much easier to pull off.

As for the other media, you want to have him be a big player in any avegers cartoons. Have him front and center, have him pal around with one of the big dogs and be worthwhile to the plot. If kids see him as on par with Thor or Tony then they'll have more respect for him. Then when they grow up they get to fall back on the literature we already established.

Finally after all this is done, you can have a movie, if it wasn't allowed as an easy in. But if you do you need to make sure you have a James Gunn working on it, and not a Feige or a Whedon.

This is the only way to do it. Hire great, well-known comic writers to do a regular series. Have the emphasis be on making it high-action. Build up a unique supporting cast for him. Don't create original villains, but find old underused villains that already exist and reinvent them so he's got a rogue's gallery all his own.

Bring back the friendship with Beast. Bring back the romance angle with Carol.

Then put him in video games and make him a supporting character in a cartoon.

This.

They turned fucking Star Lord and Rocket into major A-Listers. Absolutely anything is possible.

>Establish his powers better.
Aren't his powers, really strong and can punch things. Occasionally eyes glow?

I feel like he would work best in a pop culture filled comedy type of roll that MCU cultivates and spills over into 616.

When you boil it down he is basically

>Loser has-been actor
>Superman like powerset
>Wants to be taken seriously as an A-list hero and celebrity
>Has been killed in ridiculous ways a few times in the past
>Lost his woman to a robot with his brain

He is almost a Tick character going by the basic description of him. So Make him a self parody of everything people use to make fun of Superman.

Super strength, durability and flight
He has an Ionic form where he basically turns glowing purple and Kirby dots surround him. He's kinda immortal

I think he can turn giant sized when in Ionic form but that may just be from EMH

For a while after he was dead Wanda could just summon him like a genie

I legit hire Henry Cavill to play him and change nothing but his origin (since the Vision already exists), retaining his other backstory

Best suggestion

youtube.com/watch?v=xruHo6oB_4I

Carol is for Jess.

Jess is fucking Porcupine and has another man's baby

>Loser has-been actor

But he's not. He's just a B-lister. He's like the Bruce Campbell of the Marvel U.

Make him a slight opposite of Batman. Superhero by day, playboy by night. People call him Wonder Man but identifies as Simon. Instead of shota sidekicks, he have loli sidekicks. Instead of the Batcave, it is the Wondertower. And his butler is Vision.

>Don't create original villains, but find old underused villains that already exist and reinvent them so he's got a rogue's gallery all his own.
Don't he and Nefaria have the same powerset? Could play it up

If he's the opposite he should be the butler of the Vision.

Safari Jacket.

Do people forget this dude gets raped 3 times?

huh?

This is entirely true, yet Marvel keep hiring Avengers writers who see him as "Wanda's true love". Doing something that makes a lot of readers hate the character is never going to make him an A- or B-list character that people want to read about.

For a way out of this, and an instant push for him, either make him gay, so you take away the reason he has haters, he'll get media attention for the publicity-stunt, and probably get his own book, or take advantage of his undefined and ever-changing power-set, his bouts of violent instability, play up his obsession with Wanda to stalker levels, and make him a villain.

Nathan Fillion played him in GotG 2 for some reason. Footage was cut.

>>Lost his woman to a robot with his brain

Wonder Man never met Wanda until after she was already married to Vision, who has a personality nothing like his own. That "she should be his" entitlement to her is one of his more negative attributes.

Yet somehow, writers keep treating it like it's supposed to be sympathetic.

I want them to go to jazz clubs again

It was just a Simon Williams cameo, but yeah.

>His whole purpose was to sit on the "Wonder Man" name to fuck over DC
>Failure

Wanda and Vision is shit though, it's the same thing as being in love with your onahole

>implying any capes that haven't been in movies are even a little bit relevant in 2017

Still sounds like something that could work

But I would try making him the Stallone to MCU's Schwarzenegger. The other action movie guy who's films are never as good. This would be even better if he was constantly losing out to a powerless normal guy when he is one of the most physically powerful people on the planet.

Yea, while Nefaria has Living Laser's and Whirlwind's powers too. Also they are amplified more, so he is bettter than all of them at what they do

Regardless, enough people like them together. Pairing Wanda with Simon when Vision is considered her OTP will just make people hate Wanda and Simon.

Please don't ever become a writer.

Is he still drawn with a big red W (for wumbo) or do they flip it?

Marvel's "progressive" SJW writers really hate Wanda and Vision as a couple.

What's the betting Zub will push Wanda/Simon in Uncanny Avengers.?

Wanda and Vision is interesting because he wants to be human while she gives no fucks for being human.
Also her powers are (supposed to be) tied to her emotions, whereas Vision is of course driven mostly by logic.

Ditch the pacifism. Unfuck the Grim Reaper. Create a new Pride in LA. Have him returning to Hollywood as a washed up actor, make the drama about him fighting to stay relevant as a celebrity and artist while being the premier West Coast hero.

Have him actually chase strong dramatic roles in film or shit, give his ass a television show that he resents because it's not cinema. Actually develop a supporting cast. Love triangle w/ Carol.

I think the most important part is to make him West Coast AF. We don't get repped enough. Even Daredevil abandoned SF.

The whole point of Vision is he's as much a person as anyone else.

Iceman had far more fans than Wonder Man, and Bendis made him gay to keep him away from Kitty, so someone could easily make Wonder Man gay, a villain, or a gay villain, to keep him away from Wanda.

Make him a gay furry who's in love with Beast.

He's a stunt man in Hollywood who has Superpowers and is insecure as a hero because he's just a working class schulb.

Also we need 80s Kurt Russel to play him in a movie

Simon's great

No, the reason he died in his first appearance is they were encroaching on the Wonder Woman name. Then DC made Power Girl after Luke Cage so Marvel brought him back

>he's just a working class schulb.

Not sure this would fit him, didn't he start off as a poor-man's Tony Stark, who inherited an arms-manufacturing company from his father?

Give vision and wonderman a jellyfish/polyp relationship

> vision's destruction gives wonderman the ability to be brought back
> wonderman's death gives vision the ability to be rebuilt

Bamp

I can't. I just want Wonderman to die and never come back.
he never does anything useful. and if he tries he will easily get overshadowed by others. There's Carol, Spectre, Blue Marvel, Quasar and god knows how many other similar heroes that that easily outclass him.

Why would anyone want t o make him an A lister? What is special about him?

Here's the page of his origin (Stan and Don Heck). It's not hard to extrapolate

A solo series would be dead on arrival, you need to rehab him slowly as part of an ensemble.

Wonder Man
Beast
U.S.Agent
Namora
Songbird
Firestar
Goliath (Tom Foster)
Crimson Dynamo (new character...maybe Chinese?)
Black Knight

First new "member/adopted" character: Hollow/Penance as a wildcard to the mix. Black Knight can join later.

Hire Keith Giffen, Kurt Busiek & J.M. DeMatteis to share writing duties, Kevin Maguire, Alan Davis & George Perez for art.

Globe trotting old fashioned heroics with a strong focus on the characters and their interactions. Fair bit of humor to ground the series.

Wonder Man and Beast are the "Booster Gold and Blue Beetle" duo for the team, classic heroes that add much needed levity. U.S. Agent is the Guy Gardner agitator role, he is outspoken and unabashedly conservative but deep down he will always support the team. Namora is cold and aloof, her connection to Atlantis brings its benefits and baggage. Songbird is through being a reformed villain, she is now a full on hero...if only U.S. Agent would get off her back. Despite her past she is the most down to earth of the bunch. Goliath believes he is the "voice of reason" but has a chip on his shoulder and an arrogant streak that often makes him just as much an irritant as U.S.Agent. Firestar is out of retirement and trying her best but her time away has made her timid and rusty. The new Crimson Dynamo is appointed to the team as a representative of some fictional U.N. type organization, the appointment gives them operating flexibility on a global scale (just as Namora allows them access to the seas and U.S. Agent ensures their US function). He/she is an enigma to the team at first but earns their trust over time.

Bump for more ideas