What is this type of character subversion called?

What is this type of character subversion called?

>subversion
You need to lurk more on TV Tropes.

different writers?

Bad writing.

Making a character an idiot I guess? Though I'm not sure if Fred was ever supposed to be smart in the first place.

did red herring ever do anything?

Do we seriously hate TV Tropes this much!?

No, but it never stopped fred from assuming he was the culprit.

My post said fuck all about TV Tropes.

And that's the problem, moron.

Are you autistic?

Fred was always the one that came up with elaborate traps to catch the villain. Him and Velma were literally the only ones that even bothered to solve every investigation. Daphne, Shaggy, and Scoob were all idiots.

He visits TVtropes and gets annoyed that people don't use their terminology, so I'm going to guess "yes" on that one.

It's called "the shows on the left were more straightforward genre fare with comedy elements, the shows on the right were self-parodies that subvert expectations for comedic effect"

Not to mention the "stern, by-the-book leader" is usually the least popular character in any kids' ensemble show, so poking holes in their image is a good way to make kids laugh.

TL,DR: Kids love poking fun at authority figures.

There was specifically one episode where Red Hearing actually was the culprit, but the gang had finally convinced Freddy to stop suspecting him because he'd never been right.

He became Red X.

Flanderization

chibi

The correct term is posted on the 16th reply?

Sup Forums is finished, guys. Just shut it down.

There was one episode where freddy was dared/betted? he couldn't go one day without accusing red and it ended up being red at the end of the episode but that was the only one.

>Daphne, Shaggy, and Scoob were all idiots.
They all served a purpose, Daphne was the rape bait and Shaggy/Scooby always caught the monster in the end.

DEEPEST LORE
E
E
P
E
S
T

L
O
R
E

I didn't say they were bad characters, just idiots. Fred was a Gary Stu and probably the worst character.

Shaggy was easily the best.

Except the comedy in TT is light-years ahead of any of the shit that passes for comedy in the so-called "reboot".

It isn't the correct term though you pseude. Flanderization is when you progressively exaggerate minor quirks in a character's personality until it completely defines them.

Fred and Robin basically had their personalities pulled inside out, not exaggerated. They went from the boring competent straight man to the most outlandish crazy character.