>"Gimme some of dat!"
kek

hnng these fonts

He lived an awesome life, that's what we should all aim for

F

PO si a toggaf.

Hello, Storyteller.

>Cooke
In initially mistaking the art for Timm, I realize that I am slow as hell for only just now figuring out the former influenced the latter. Welp, I'm fuckin' dumb.

I don't feel I can get behind Doop until I know whether he's(?) in a minority group that must be supported desu. I would hate to unwittingly enjoy an appropriative character like Hawkman or Catwoman.

Burt Ward and Julie Newmar are the only ones left. ;_;

Timm's art is pointier looking.

Cooke > Timm for sure. More variety in builds and expressions. It's softer, which I prefer.

And Elsa Charretier was influenced by both of them so it's a shame her art is terribly colored in Wasp

Yeah, a lot more range.

Timm draws uniformly pointy boobs

I wonder if he managed to finish recording his lines for the sequel of Return of the Caped Crusaders.

F

And then Lynda Carter and those two are the last of the oldies in general I think.

I love this Wolverine so much

You could poke your eye out on some of them.

seriously, boobs don't DO that

The dude really likes nipples, I think

She's going back to the Infinite Loop soon, I believe.

lol @ that plug suit, even compared to the original

/d/ incoming?

I DEMAND A SURPRISE BATMAN '66 STORYTIME FOR ADAM WEST'S MEMORY INSTEAD

Hey OP, I bought an LED bulb and holy shit, pure upgrade!

Wolverine is full-on anime physics here.

I'm glad he lived long enough to see his portrayal come back in vogue again. Still stings though

F

who, WHO can Wolverine turn to for help???

Eh. Catwoman is shit anyway, so it doesn't really fuckin' matter either way.

Is it weird that while I hate Selina, I wholeheartedly support the idea of her and Bruce getting hitched? Like, even as someone who hates both characters, I can't deny that this presents a strong opportunity for both of them, especially Selina and her future interactions with the Bat-Family. Stepmom and stepson antics between her and Damien(who I also fucking hate)alone can be milked for years to come.

>She's going back to the Infinite Loop soon, I believe.
google says you're right
They announced vol 2 just a couple months ago

Is that book any good?

This is a fucking top-notch pageturn

Shame she's gonna say no after something is revealed through the flashback story with Joker and Riddler.

>Timm draws uniformly pointy boobs
He does now
> holy shit posting images in a storytime that's not cool dude
It's a story about a potato, deal with it

hah, wow, now that's a different style

It's... passable.

Naw, we don't mind images in these storytimes.

we don't care about posting images here tho

What's everyone reading these days?
I'm working through some nu-Vertigo stuff. I finished Crossing Midnight (which was okay), and Saucer Country (which was great but cancelled before it could completely wrap stuff up).

No idea, haven't read it. That was just where I first saw her art.

I actually forgot that had happened already. TKing's Batman kinda bores me 2bh.

Like remember we had that "people read for the payoff" discussion about HydraCap? While I might not have been on-side for that I am kinda in that place for King's Batman except I don't care that much about the payoff either.

Not much lol

Why is this woman calling Slam Bradley Wolverine?

That's his original style, he ruined himself imitating 60s mens' magazine cartoonists and now he has a style useless outside of a DCAU from a generation past. He can draw pinups all he likes but unless he sells a book to Image he's fucked.

Still with the nips, though.

I haven't been reading comics on the side at all lately, been too busy/ESO/reading books

because this is the best of all Wolverines

There's a Saucer Country sequel called Saucer State.

And God bless that.

>60s mens' magazine cartoonists
Hah, I do see it.

His style animates well thanks to the simplicity, right? But does he even do sequentials? The pinups bored me to death because they're samier than Phil Noto with none of the redeeming fashion sense.

Is Saucer City next?

Books about the Balkans and slowly working my way through Hellblazer.

I'm taking your word for it

I like having this around. It's fun when Doop shows up. Makes me feel like a kid in the fifties with a decoder ring.

>But does he even do sequentials?
Mad Love ring a bell?

The Collector my ass.
I bet this guy's never even killed an entire species to keep something rare.

I really admire the commitment to keeping Doop in Doopspeak and not watering it down, or translating it on the page

God, New Krypton was fucking insufferable wrt fonts

Is it me or is this character with the sideburns the most poorly written Wolverine I've come across?

Having a rare night of doing NORMIE THINGS so won't be joining. Have fun anons.

I dunno, the way Rebirth's been going, she may very well say yes. Honestly, I get the feeling that Rebirth ultimately happened because everyone at DC got bored and tired. Clark and Lois are married now, Diana is actually redeeming villains again, and now this proposal.

The Nu52 drained everyone, and now they're just gonna do all the shit they wanted to do, but couldn't.

Fuck off, idiot. No one cares.

I never 'got' Harley to begin with

anything more recent?

LOL

>I get the feeling that Rebirth ultimately happened because everyone at DC got bored and tired

They got tired of watching their paying readers stop purchasing their books.

Sorry, user.

Nice, it looks like it just started too. I wonder if Cornell had to buy the rights to the characters from DC, or is Vertigo completely creator owned now?
>Saucer State will last for six issues, and then will have a six issue follow-up and conclusion
You might be right

Messrs. Smith and Weston?

comicbookdb.com/creator.php?ID=1642

I remember a story about a couple of killers who end up hiring the same hitman to torture and kill each other. There's also a Batman B&W story by him.

>>Saucer State will last for six issues, and then will have a six issue follow-up and conclusion
>You might be right
I will be satisfied

>I never 'got' Harley to begin with
Once upon a time there was a TV show on CBS named The Flash. Its final episode was a two parter about Flash being put on trial by a screechy joke/prank themed villain in a loud outfit, and the B plot was a fangirl who decided to theme herself after said villain (who couldn't stand her).

Said villain was the Trickster. He was played by Mark Hamill.

A year later, BTAS debuts and featured a screechy joke/prank themed villain in a loud outfit being pestered by a fangirl who decided to theme herself after him (and he couldn't stand her).

Said villain was the Joker. He was voiced by Mark Hamill.

Good work, Timm.

Yup, that's Claremont alright.

This is reminding me of when people were joking that Arkham City's sequel would be Arkham Country or Arkham World.

>a story about a couple of killers who end up hiring the same hitman to torture and kill each other

trivia time. The letterer for that story was none other than Glen "Teen Titans/Ben 10" Murakami. Good lettering work, too.

>What's everyone reading these days?

Nearly done Yiddish for Pirates, then gonna do a few comical type books before grabbing something else off the 5 foot pile-of-books-I-bought-to-read.

Red Romance. He didn't write that one though. There was whole more interesting possible career in that one shot, maybe.

who got soulraped by a space demon?

Holy shit, kill yourself, you massive casual faggot. Jesus Christ.

No, logically the next in the progression would be Saucer Nation.

Why are you here?

This is great.

lol trying too hard

he's being facetious but if you read Claremont's last issue of Man-Thing, it happens to a character who becomes Man-Thing's host briefly.

That character is Chris Claremont.

>Wolverine
>Dangerously Unstable

MY GOD, WHAT A SHOCK! There were no signs at all!

Hellblazer divides nicely into different sections by each author mostly because it's tradition to kill everyone related to the previous writer
What writer are you up to?

keep reading

This is actually an oddly sane rendition of Wolverine.

Doop's love of broken-off bottles allasudden makes me want a Section 8/Doop company crossover

Just getting to Ennis' first stint.

I wish All-New Doop was a story chronicling the adventures of that green potato across the mutant universe instead of him suddenly becoming Bendis. Alas, maybe some stories are best left untold.

Like I said, who is this man

Doop MAX

Just saiyan, you could read them walking off with a broken-off bottle in a different sort of way.

I wanna go with Psylocke here?

Or maybe Rachel? Or Forge?

Madelyne Pryor?

> turn on MTV
what year was this, again?

>I never 'got' Harley to begin with
Me neither, frankly. Especially with the way they've been infantilizing her lately. She becomes more and more of a womanchild with each appearance, and it's getting legit creepy. Especially since some people look up to her for whatever reason.

I miss when feminist icons acted like grown ass women. How come nobody ever looks up to Kate Spencer? She's a piece of shit too, but at least she acts like a goddamn adult.

2003, hoot hoot

I would do a lot for a Doop MAX book

Remember that this Timm page is from 1982 and Forge and Rachel didn't exist yet, Pryor was just a throwaway character from an Avengers annual (and a little girl at the time).

In fact, despite my annoyance at him, I'd still read Hickman's dream project X-Men MAX book.

>How come nobody ever looks up to Kate Spencer?
Her unfortunate relation to a mediocre comic book writer