Blacksad Game

This was posted and deleted on Sup Forums.

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qWG2dsXV5HI
nintendolife.com/news/2017/06/microids_confirms_six_games_for_the_nintendo_switch
youtube.com/watch?v=_I1_5mSXinQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Looks like Telltale shit

The models look good, but the eyes are a little too uncanny valley. And the movements are awkward. Looks like some kind of student film in progress.

It looks like a Telltale Game. Take that as an insult or a compliment.

I'd still play it.

It'll take my me mind off the fact that they needed to make a Batman game, because lord knows how long it's been since we heard about him.

>Not fully rendered
One of many reasons it was taken down.

>telltale
>compliment
The time they thought they could shove every IP they can get their hands on their engine just shows how incompetent they can be

Promising.

Some user posted this a while back, I think it was a school project, there were like 2 more but this is the only one I saved apparently, seems relevant to the thread

All I ask for is PLEASE

That model looks significantly different than the OP. If that's what your implying.

Nah, I know its not the same

Of course it was going to be cell-shaded, it's based ona fucking comic book.

The jaw and brow on this Blacksad looks better. Even though it's not fully rendered, OP's gif kinda got that 'user I...' thing going on.

I like the added smear on the gun raise.

Looks too good to be fake. But Weekly looks too fucking big.

Their art style would fit the world of Blacksad really well I think, but their bullshit railroading false-choice wouldn't. Art wise, they did a fantastic job with Fables - the colors and noir feel of TWAU turned Fabletown into a seedy den of crime and villainy.

Whoever does this better have one hell of a soundtrack.

youtube.com/watch?v=qWG2dsXV5HI

Mostly because of the camera placement, framing and lack of other objects in frame to establish proportions.
I like the last second head movement and stern expression. Add some cloths physics and that would be some tight stuff.

Agreed. It would be nice to just have old fashioned point&click . Not even sure if I want to have dialog choices, unless they are presented like a puzzle, something like from modern Deus Ex games or LA Noir.
They need to make a good engine or at least pay more attention to animations, what they have atm is ridiculous in 2017

I also wonder what sort of theme it's good to have for it. I'd like to see something neo-noir. With that, dialog choices and dissonance of player choice Blacksad vs comic book Blacksad would be appropriate.

Is this comic good? I've seen it posted here and there.

Yeah. Arctic Nation is the best.

Yep, each chapter has different noir flavor prominent in the genre and topics it discusses.
Arctic Nation is the most solid of them all, but I've personally enjoy Red Soul and Amarillo more.
Neal Beato is the man.

Looks pretty interesting. I hope we see something either this E3 or next E3. I REALLY hope they look towards Telltale to not emulate them too much.

Though I fear they'll HAVE to just to get sales maybe.

too good for this earth

Honestly, if we got something like LA Noire I'd be stoked.

Ehh LA Noire kinda flopped, and with the horror story about the working conditions in the studio that made the game, I doubt anyone would want to emulate that.

Though they're welcome to try, it wouldn't have the budget to emulate LA Noire in any way but on a smaller, more condensed scale, so no open world New York and such.

Some company called Microids is making it

>Microids
Guys who made Syberia and 2 decent detective games? We are all good then.

Got source tho?

I fucking hope this is not a thing-

Maaaan, that green is really not his color...

I just want more comics, a game could work, but its never going to be on par with the comics, just from an aesthetics perspective

IT'S HAPPENING
nintendolife.com/news/2017/06/microids_confirms_six_games_for_the_nintendo_switch

what is with furries and noir suddenly?!

What else is there?

Does this means more lewds?

that disney movie.

I'm excited but I hope they stick more to the original story unlike what they did to Fables.

Weekly looks crazy out of proportion, his body should be much shorter

Actually, the Wolf Among Us was an almost perfect fit to Fable's first issues with the Rose Blood murder con. It was noir and gritty.
Whacky tale adventures are fine too, but I wish the comic had stayed like it was created.

So where did this come from? Leaked from a dev?

WHEN THE FUCK DID THIS HAPPEN aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

The Wolf Among Us clearly had a completely different story in Chapter 1 and for whatever reason Telltale rewrote the entire plot making the other episodes really disjointed.

>zootopia
>noir
Blacksad comic is like, 18 years now and it is so good it doesn't even deserve to be called furry

>he doesnt know

What?

it was going to be a noir movie, then they rewrote it into buddy cop movie, and left some noir elements.

Weekly is such a cutie

>Red Sould
I'm still pissed how that owl fucker got off so easily considering how much of it was his fucking fault but Blacksads doomed to suffer isn't he always getting half victories and loses

Holy fuck, never thought they'd ever make anything Blacksad that wasn't another book

>turn beautiful comic into hideous videogame

T-Thanks.

I know people latched onto Telltale but this makes me think more of a furry version of D4 with that exact level of roughness to the modeling

I have more animation

Would you want to see?

Is that even a question? Bring it on!

does this work?

It does
Nice, thank you

Weekly is too tall

So what's Sup Forums VA picks for the game?

>mfw Sup Forums will have the QA role for Blacksad the video game
Sup Forums here, not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing...
In all cases, don't fuck up please!

>tfw you are literally a black cat

youtube.com/watch?v=_I1_5mSXinQ

what if i told you...

>CGI-ifying bandes-dessinees

ssssssstttttttttoooooooooooooppppppppp, it looked godawful in XIII, it looked godawful in that Tintin movie, it looks godawful now. The quality of the illustrations is the best quality of BDs, why do they keep shitting on that with these adaptations?

>what is perspective
stop with this retardation, he looks like that because of the camera angles

second animation 0:19 you can see he is a bit below blacksads chest in height which is pretty much how it should be

I now want SWERY to release rest of the episodes as a comic book with pop-out pictures when you turn the pages, rubber hand to poke stuff with and some coupons for free food at local joints
Maybe a print out of protagonist with some paper cloths to dress him as you please.

Some asshole on Sup Forums mentioned that the original script was data mined from the game, so TellTale rewrote the entire damn thing just to keep it fresh. The Policewoman at the start of Chapter 2 was going to have a much more important role and the taxi driver was originally supposed to be the Boy who Cried Wolf, the murderer.

Well, time to buy a Switch

It's amazing, but also WAYY too short.
Best thing about it is that the art and story are as good as each other and complimentary. That sort of shit is pretty rare, it's usually one or the other.

Weekly's got a cute butt

Bait

>eyes are a little too uncanny valley. And the movements are awkward. Looks like some kind of student film in progress.
This

>no tails
god that bugs the fuck outa me

Is the Blacksad user still here? Can you read English? Tell us more about the game NOW

Best character in Amarillo.
Fuck that lion shitter.

As for the game, I'm pretty interested.

The eyes really stick out. They don't really match anything else.

Wait, do Juan or Juanjo browse Sup Forums or you mean someone else?

The user who is posted the animation webm's

>there's gonna be a fucking blacksad game

It's telltale shit so its more like a linear vm

imagine a L.A. Noire style game

It wasn't even subtle. Scenes from the first "NEXT TIME" clip never happened or even had scenes similar to it happen, the Boy who Cried Wolf went from being everywhere in Part 1 to being non existent, the Chapter title slates for 3 and I think even 4 changed to blatantly rushed replacements (the one for 3 had the police woman from Chapter 2 in it), Chapter 2 felt empty and short, and the delay between Chapters 1 and 2 were so big that I'm certain they released THREE Walking Dead chapters in the same time span.

I still preferred TWAU to Walking Dead Season 2.

A couple characters have tail, but most don't.

I agree it looks weird.

Neal Beato is my husbando.

Sadly it looks pretty bad imo. Lots of uncanny valley shit going on here.

It's the retarded chin

No, that'll be the Lackadaisy game.

>look up this statue
Christ that is expensive. Well it looks like they got some cheaper stuff.
>bust of Weekly is sold out
SHIT.

A buggy engine that never improved. that's what killed me, I don't care you are using a decade old tool set to make your game, I care that bugs, slow downs and other glitches from the very first time used are still presence 10 fucking years later.

THAT'S IT
I'M BUYING A SWITCH

I'm not sure if I should be glad or upset.

I'm cautiously aroused.

>normies get into black sad
I already know my answer

Black sad is pretty normie dude.

The only reason it's 'obscure' is because it's like two decades old.

If you took those comics and reintroduced them into the modern publishing, it would become just as normie as samurai jack

Of course Weekly sold out. He's the cutest.

Please tell me he's voiced by Paul Dobson. I always imagined Blacksad sounding like Gabriel Angelos, but with an American accent.

> that art

I certainly hope that's an alpha...

This is vastly superior to the art in op.

That's lame. If the game is good, why change it? Why not use the leaked info to build interest, especially since stories and games are more about the journey than the destination?

C U T E

I ship Blacksad and Weekly, they make a cute couple

This thread just got gay

I feel like 2D would fit it better

>Shipping gay shit
I want them to hug and be cute together

>just got
user..