Venture Bros. > Archer

Venture Bros. > Archer

And?

I can't imagine many people on this board, or really anywhere that would dispute that.

Only a troll would argue that Archer is better

Uh Duuuuuuuuhhhhhhh

The only thing you could argue that Archer beat Venture Bros. in, is seasons.

>argue
>facts
pick one

That goes without saying.

Yes, because 950 > 925.

What's the point of this thread?

Water is wet

what a silly thread. of course

Unpopular opinion, I feel while Venture Bros. is well animated it's kinda... eh? The original seasons were really great but it just... I dunno, gives that same kind of vibe Futurama does of being vastly over-rated.

While I totally disagree with your argument since both show's early season's are fantastic, I feel like Venture Bros has undergone a similar decomposition to Futurama. Both shows started off as episodic sci fi cartoons, with continuity and drama being one off side jokes more than anything. But as the shows went on, both began leaning too heavily on the continuity jokes and serialized plots that could only really be appreciated by dedicated viewers, and chose to fall back on references to earlier episodes rather than new material. That's why I appreciate the risks that VT took in their new season by moving to NYC, and hope they keep building off of it

You misunderstand I do feel the earlier VB stuff is pretty classic, and while I don't think Futurama is that great I can definitely see a lot more quality in the early seasons (and let's be real, that fucking dog scene man). When light-hearted shows like this get too into their own lore and make all these inside jokes even if you get them frankly they're usually not that funny.

depends on the season

I felt like Season 6 was sort of a soft reboot after the special. They got rid of a lot of side-plots and sent off a lot of characters that weren't doing much or obstructing any major story shifts without fucking with the continuity. How in the fuck would Blue Morpho work with The Investors and The Sovereign still around?

Venture Bros. peaked at season 4, but season 6 is way better than 5 which felt like it was simply riding on it's continuity and self-referential humor.

4>3>6>2>5>1

Archer will get canceled soon, Adam Reed plans to only make 10 seasons. Hypothetically if they do get to 10 seasons, Venture Bros will pass it out with season 11 in 2043

Venture Bros is a rare gem. There aren't many adult cartoons like that. Archer is far more generic comedy.

In other news, water is wet and not being a fag is better than being a fag

When I die, I want the Crash Test Dummies played at my funeral.

I haven't actually seen Venture Bros and I do enjoy Archer somewhat. Is VB really as good as OP claims?

Yes

Venture Brothers is a classic. Been on the air since, what, 2004 and only has six seasons. They really fucking try and it shows. Like others have said though it's biggest struggle has been falling into its own continuity so much that it begins to feel like each episode is just a building block on the last without a better idea where it's all headed.

In a sense the same problem Archer has had. Right about the time Vice got around I began to feel like half the writing was just injokes and retreads of older jokes that the writers didn't seem to understand weren't fresh or all the interesting anymore (hey assholes, saying "are we still doing phrasing?" every episode is in effect still doing the phrasing joke, I don't want to be in on the joke, I want NEW ones).

Your mum.

Even if you don't enjoy Archer, you should watch VB. Season 1 is pretty average (it has its moments), but it's important to watch it because of the immense pay-off in season 2. It just continues to ramp up after that.

Alright, you've peaked my interest. I'll check it out...

Thanks for the quick replies Sup Forums...

Like that other guy said though, season one is a whole other beast from the rest. If it doesn't grip you at least watch a few episodes to get the characters down and then go straight for the season one finale. From then on it's all gravy.

Season 1 is one of the best seasons. You guys are fucking crazy.

Archer started off as something special, a black comedy about a dick head spy and you learned more and more why he was a dick, then by season 4, it became a work place comedy and by season 5, it was wacky gimmick after wacky gimmick

The brothers are the worst thing about the first season, they're the same character and not a great one. I'd argue even Dean is almost the same until season 4

To be contrarian.

Haven't watched Venture bros. Is the comedy really that good? Because Archer has GOAT humor

Very few knee slappers but it's damn entertaining and the dialogue is better than Archers

Honestly? I prefer Venture Bros overall, I'd say Archer is funnier. At least in seasons 1-4. For the last few seasons, it's on par with VB in terms of comedy.

Archer is more dialogue driven but VB has good humor.

I think they're both great shows and who cares if you think one is better than the other?

They're different beasts, like say the difference between Frasier and The Simpsons. Archer is more traditionally funny and the The Venture Bros. isn't afraid to have its quiet moments where it sets up a character or moves the story along. They're both comedies but Venture Bros. is clearly just as interested in world building and telling a story as it is making you laugh.

the season 1 finale and season 2 opener are some of the show's greatest moments

Brock wasn't quite a character, very episodic, clearly weren't sure what to do with Dr. Venture or the Monarch yet...it's not bad or anything but compared to what came next it's a little rougher around the edges.

Pretty remarkable how quickly they came into their own honestly. I always think how the Simpsons needed at least three seasons to really get the grease going and Venture Bros. clearly knew exactly what it was doing by the time the finale rolled around.

This is exactly what is going to happen to Rick and Morty.

Is Venture Brothers the only show with a likeable pedophile?

Venture Bros Mike Tyson Mysteries cross over when?

It's weird seeing Brock as just a murder sue in season 1. All he ever does is grunt

He was fun in the pilot too. "Go ahead, take it from me."

I believe the creators (at least the Community guy anyway) have gone on record that they want to avoid the show becoming to reliant on continuity or injokes and hope each episode will be its own starting point. Wouldn't surprise me if that's why they started off this season by killing off the Council of Ricks and Intergalactic Government. Beyond that one evil Morty that may or may never come back the show is pretty much back to square one within the general scope of things (depending on the marriage turns out anyhow).

Sounds good
I think I'll enjoy it then
>I think they're both great shows and who cares if you think one is better than the other?
I was just curious about the humor in VB. I'll probably end up liking both.
Alright, thanks. It did seem to me like they're not really comparable. The way you describe it, I'm reminded of Gravity Falls; that show was really filled with funnies, even though there's much beyond that.