What is your ideal Justice League lineup?

What is your ideal Justice League lineup?

Do you prefer A-List heavy hitters filling out the roster, a more zany setup that the bug guys are too busy to be a part of, a fractured team of legacy heroes and older mentors, some mix of all of the above?

Pic related, but with Hal.

I kind of like the Post-Crisis ideal of the heavy hitters not really wanting to be a part of a team, so the little guys (if you could call them that) do their own thing. The younger, less experienced superheroes seem to be more dedicated to the legacy of a Justice League than, say, Superman or Aquaman or something.

The Big 7, plus Zatanna. I'd throw maybe more than one GL on there as well, just for the character dynamics. And Big Barda and Orion as sixth rangers.

I kinda liked the JLU style of dozens on the roster.
Can have all the character variety you need for ANY story.

switch aquaman with dr fate

DISGUSTING CHOICE

>Cyborg

I like the seven main characters mirroring mythological figures pic related is pretty much ideal, maybe Hal or Kyle instead of John.

I also like the "8th occult member" that is a theme that repeats itself in DC's lore. Maybe Dick should be the "6th ranger".

A few non-Trinity A/B listers (like GL, Aquaman, Flash) plus some C/D listers (Hawkman/Hawkgirl, Atom, GA, Canary, Barda, Mr. Miracle, Dr. Fate, etc)

or this

>What is your ideal Justice League lineup?

>Superman
>Batman
>Wonder Woman
>Jon Stewart
>Martian Manhunter
>Zatanna
>Flash

>Main JL
Original seven

>JL International
Booster Gold
Blue Beetle
Guy Gardner
Ice
Fire
Power Girl
Rocket Red

Clark Kent
Bruce Wayne
Diana Prince
Wally West
Kyle Rayner
J'onn J'onzz
Zatanna Zatara
Eel O'Brien

PLASTIC MAN

>6
wait, does steward GL still have a chance to get in or is he going to be shafted for cyborg diversity quota?

i prefer more, smaller teams.
There is no reason to have more than 7 core members, and ~3 backups.
But the rest of the heroes can form other teams, like Justice League international, authority, JLdark, titans etc.

the original lineup is a pretty good lineup honestly.
But I like it when the JLA is more extensive, but still hierarchal. You have the top 7/A-team, but below that you have the other powerhouses that can serve as auxiliaries, and below them you've got B-listers that are more focused on internal planetary shit.

Champion-Prime, Batman 1-Million, Donna Troy (Rebirth), Z'kran Z'krann, Godspeed, Captain Adam, Plastique M'ann (by Tom Taylor)

best league right here

Green Lantern
Aquaman
Flash
Black Canary
Hawkgirl
Atom
Vixen
Firestorm
Black Lightning
Martian Manhunter

This nigger gets it

Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
The Flash
Green Lantern
Aquaman
...Uh... Some 7th member. Martian Manhunter, I guess? But... maybe we'd need someone more popular... ??? Not Cyborg, though... he's a Titan.

IM AVAILABLE ON SATURDAYS

I didn't get this one, martians can do alot without the suit what did he have to gain by putting it on in the first place, all I can come up with is energy blasts?

Shapeshifting comes with a Regen Factor

I guess Bruce Wayne could fund it, but why would anyone want a reporter on the fucking justice league?

A League made up of mashed up characters like Green Beetle could be fun

A Reach Infiltrator has access to their database, AI, and can create tech weaponry to respond to countless different threats and enemies.
Sonic cannons, hacking directly into computer systems, being able to see magical energy, and the scarab can take over the body and act on its own like if he was unable to fight due to a debilitating fear of fire

I DO NOT LIKE MASHED POTATOES

The Big Five is essential, they basically encapsulate the five major varieties of superhero and have the most interesting dynamics among themselves. Superman is the all-american hero and flying brick, Batman is the human detective/genius, Wonder Woman is the mythological warrior, Flash is the lighthearted speedster and Green Lantern is the energy manipulator and space cop. You'd be hard pressed to name a superhero that doesn't at least partially meet one of these molds.

From there things get a little less clear. Aquaman in my opinion is redundant since his powers are similar to Supes and his status as king of a forgotten world is similar to Diana.

Martian Manhunter is a definite mainstay, his powers and origins give him a unique place among the League.

Hawkgirl also felt redundant to me next to Diana in the cartoon, both are tough female warriors with mythological origins. Zatana is far more interesting to me, and fills a pretty unique niche.

So basically the cartoon lineup with Zatanna instead of Hawkgirl.

This is basically mine too except I left off Plastic Man. I think his abilities and personality give him a very unique place on the team, I second this.

Booster Gold
Blue Beetle (Ted Kord)
Fire
Ice
Guy Gardner
Elongated Man

This. I can't really get behind the idea of the big seven telling other people who just want to help save lives "Muh seecret club!"

Superwoman (Karen Starr), Batman (Dick Grayson), Wonder Woman (Donna Troy), Flash (Wally West), Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner), Aquaman (Garth), Green Arrow (Roy Harper)

I like the idea of it starting off as consisting of heavy hitters. As the story goes on the league grows in numbers because the big 7 go off to do their own thing and other heroes form the league. When something is too much for the league some of the fpunding memeber if not all of em help the league out.

Morrison's Big Seven plus five other b-c list characters. I like the big 12 man roster.

I'd say Atom, Steel, Vixen, Zatanna, and then someone who's fairly new. Help give them a boost.

Why is this the league? Weren't they pushing "Unite the 7" super hard last year? Where's number seven?

Iirc they back peddled on that and said the 7 was the 7 seas.

Yes.

The openings have a lantern in them.

Hal is pretty much confirmed.

Which Wally

Why would you want some random reporter on the justice league?

And there's no way Bruce Wayne would put himself at risk like that, dudes a fucking pussy

> Martian Manhunter
> Wonder Woman
> Aquaman
> Mera
> Mister Miracle

If I HAD to pick a Lantern I would go with...
> Natu
But would prefer no Lantern.

both at the same time

Red Tornado
Agent Orange
Booster Gold
Green Arrow
Blue Beetle
Indigo (Brainiac 8)
Shrinking Violet

Had to forgo Green Arrow because a Lantern was already on the team.

They come together because Larfleeze decides he wants some time displaced heroes or whatever and kidnaps them. In the rescue attempt it's pretty clear he still wants them so they convince him to collect criminals. In prison or whatever. Idk

no one was doing anything with these guys anyway

Hal
Barry
Ollie
Dinah
Carter
Kendra (or any femme Hawk idk Kendra was just the one I grew up with mostly)
J'onn
Ronnie/Jason

Emphasis on the league as friends and family with Firestorm being the new generation representative

>justice league rainbow

Heavy Hitters, universal level threats, DC's most popular characters (for the most part...). Morrison's league and Johns were my favorite line up.

JSA fit that niche for old timers and redundant heroes, lots of street level heroes can go to Outsiders.

Leave the shenanigans to JLI or some other spin off team. Part of my problem with Marvel's avengers is they don't have enough of a core team.

>Not making a Justice League Rainbow

I like the classics

so literally this

but then subbing in up to 2 of them for Dr. Fate, Plastic Man, the Atom, Shazam, Hawkman, Red Tornado.

Sub 2 out for Blue and Gold.

Sub Superman out for Supergirl or Powergirl

or sub Batman for Green Arrow and Black Canary
As long as Flash and GL are in, whether Barry and Hal or Wally and Kyle

Did they ever had a team where the GL would rotate?

6 months of Guy then 6 months of Kyle etc...

Feel like thats how its supposed to work

Cyborg is better for the JLA dynamic than Aquaman

Lets be honest, that ye olde english pub speak gets annoying pretty quick

Cyborg being the junior who needs to prove himself>>>>>>>>undersea monarchy politics

>kyle
I get that pol has basically shitted this board up beyond repair but if you put any lantern over John in a JLA aspect youre retarded

Isn't that what was going on with nu52 for a while?
Hal was busy being a space vagabond so Simon was the only GL on Earth when the Red Lanterns took over
And then Jessica became Power Ring and took Hal's place on the League and then she became a GL in Darkseid War

Not Cy-Teen Titan-borg.

This

I don't mind if Green Arrow, Black Canary and Plas are involved. Anyone but Cyborg honestly. He's a Titan

they forgot that they don't care about GL

Not really, Hal was gone for most of the JL book. Simon was technically in the JLA book but did virtually nothing and he wasn't part of the JL lineup itself until he and Jessica were added in Rebirth

IMO the JLA should be Earth's absolute best, so the satellite-era League is the perfect lineup for me.

Morrison's team mirrors it in a lot of ways so it's my second fav.

The JLI-era and most of the post-Infinite Crisis lineups don't do it much for me because they're too much like the various incarnations of the Avengers, always in flux.

Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
Mera
Wally West
J'onn J'onzz
Vibe
Zatanna

Midnighter
Apollo
Obsidian
Jericho
Red Racer
Flashlight
Bunker
Tim Drake

Honestly my preference for a dream Justice League is fairly simplistic. Firstly, the Justice League should feel like Gods. They shouldn't jut be Earth's Mightiest Heroes but they have to operate as the pinnacle of wonder and awe for universe. Secondly, I think the League, apart from assembling the greatest heroes of the DC Universe should also be able to accommodate any issue, often simultaneously so I like my League rosters to be large. With that all in mind, this is what my dream roster would look like

> Superman
> Batman
> Wonder Woman
> Green Lantern (Rayner)
> The Flash (West)
> Martian Manhunter
> Captain Marvel (Batson)
> Mera
> Green Arrow
> Black Canary
> Zatanna
> Vixen
> Firestorm (Rusch)
> The Atom (Choi)
> Hawkgirl (Saunders)
> Blue Beetle (Reyes)

So yeah this is my dream League. It's got a potent mix up of obviously the Morrison JLA 7 (But this time with Mera replacing Aquaman as I think her diverse powerset adds more to the team + she's a better foil to some of the more goody goody members of the team). Additionally we've got all the major fields covered with Science (Batman, Beetle, Atom) and Magic (Zatanna, Vixen, Captain Marvel). Admittedly I was a bit inspired by Injustice with my inclusion of a younger set of heroes joining the team (Atom, FS, BB) but I feel it really adds to the dynamic of the team. So yeah, there is my dream Justice League.

Rate it?

Batman
Superman
Wonder Woman
Aquaman
The Flash (Barry or Wally)
Green Lantern (Hal or John)
Green Arrow

Batman
Joker
Harley Quinn
Bane
Nightwing
Deathstroke
Poison Ivy
Catwoman

I'd have Alan Scott and Jay Garrick fill the roles of Green Lantern and Flash in Justice League. Maybe also include Dr. Fate as a reserve member. It would be cool to see what a JLA/JSA mashup would be like in Rebirth.

>im not like other girls

I wish this team stuck around.

agreed

My ideal Justice League would be:

>Clark
>Bruce
>Diana
>Barry
>Arthur
>Hal
>Dinah

This but with Hal instead of John and the addition of Captain Marvel.

Something with the later additions of the 60's like Atom or Firestorm, and the Super Buddies of the 80's.

Hey, that's a great idea. I'd love to see it happen. It would also help ease them back into the universe, if they're getting retconned back into the history.

>Cyborg
>No GL
>No Manhunter
This is bait.

>Geoff goes to all the trouble of ensuring Hal stays on the New 52 League founding team, and writing it as a movie pitch while screwing over J'onn and John
>come time to be adapted, Hal gets erased from the team in the movie
Schadenfreude

JLA
>Superman
>Wonder Woman
>Aquaman
>Martian Manhunter
>Green Lantern(Kyle)
>Flash(Wally)
>Batman(Dick)
>Plastic Man
>Zantanna

JLI
>Guy Gardner
>Fire
>Ice
>Power Girl
>Blue Beetle(Jaime)
>Booster Gold
>Animal Man
>Major Disaster
>Black Bat
>Atom(Ryan Choi)

A JL team for special science/leg work, a super powered CSI if you will
>Batman(Bruce)
>Ray Palmer
>Ralph & Sue Dibny
>Oracle
>Blue Beetle(Ted)
>Flash(Barry)
>Phantom Stranger

Really when you look at it, this league was way overpowered.

>Magic
>no Dr. Fate
KYS

Have you never read comics?

Bats
WW
Superman
Black Canary
Cyborg
G Arrow
The Question

Batman
Superman
Wonder Woman
Martian Manhunter
Green Lantern
Flash
Dr fate
Zatarra
Icon

B- team:
Nightwing
Power girl
BLue beetle
Zatanna
Terry Mcguines
Green Lantern ( Kyle Reiner)
Captain Marvel
Big Barda
Mister miracle

Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
Green Lantern (Either John or Hal)
Flash
Hawkgirl
Raven because I think her being on the league could help writers move the fuck on from the Trigon bullshit and make her less stagnated and have her grow and develop more as a character as a result. Though I'm not sure I would like it to happen right now since Rebirth Raven feels too young.

Martian Manhunter would be cool too I guess. Not really a necessity for me though.

Also: NO CYBORG

Moving Raven on from her basic Trigon arc hat gets rehashed constantly would be like giving Martian Manhunter an updated costume that doesn't look like a Silver Age luchador. It is one of those things that seems like a painfully obvious necessity and occasionally happens in spinoffs or one-offs, but will never happen in a way that sticks for the long term.

all-star heavy hitter team + 1 or 2 x-factors

supes
bats
ww
GL
flash
MM

zatanna or fate
plastic man or atom

morrison knew what was up

fpbp

This basically but I would swap out Zatanna for Fate or Captain Marvel for the magic representative. In Morrison's run he was adamant that, for symbolic reasons, there be a winged hero on the team so maybe bring back Zauriel or one of the hawks.

fpbp