Assuming Disney is going to live action remake all their classic animations; which ones are you actuality looking...

Assuming Disney is going to live action remake all their classic animations; which ones are you actuality looking forward to?

Other urls found in this thread:

theverge.com/2015/6/6/8740405/fantasia-live-action-movie-disney
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Black Cauldron, obviously

I'm at least morbidly interested to see how the "Night on Bald Mountain" segment will be stretched out into a feature-length film.

Yeah, that's one of the few cases where I think it's warranted.

Otherwise, they should be investing all that money into more movies based on theme park rides.

i wish they would make an alice in wonderland that isn't shit

Pooh

I'm actually pretty excited for Mulan. I don't know why, really. I just enjoy the original a lot. If they follow through with dropping the songs, though, I don't see the point.

I wouldn't have minded a Sleeping Beauty adaptation, but I guess Maleficent filled that role.

Pic not related right? There's no way a live action version of Hercules can top the original, that 2D helps sell the tone of the story and James Woods wouldn't look good being blue with CGI fire hair.

>get hyped for literally a second at the prospect of a live action Hercules upon seeing your picture
>immediately remember how shitty almost every live action Greek mythology movie has been for the past 20ish years

I don't know, maybe if they keep the songs and really embrace the humor and absurdity that the animated movie had a live action Hercules could still be good, otherwise though I can't really say I'm excited for any of them.

Let's make it like Game of Thrones!

James Woods is a racist neo Nazi. I don't want him anywhere near Kingdom Hearts 3 or another Hercules.

Fuck James Woods, he supports Trump.

Pg-13 Mulan

It will be the bloodiest female-led Disney film ever.

FUCK HADES AND FUCK DEAD PEOPLE

Is the emperor's New groove a classic yet?

What's funny about the music thing is that Shan-Yu kills the musical that Mulan was mid refrain in 'A Girl Worth Fighting For' once the village massacre is shown. Mulan starts feelgood and musical segments but the movie grows the hell up once the effects of war appear onscreen.

Rockules was actually pretty good

NOne to be honest because they will fuck them up just like they fucked up Beauty and the Beast.

For reference.

I want live-action Ralph.

Besides, most will not be actual"live-action" since they focus on talking animals. And Aladdin is not Sup Forums-itic
ally possible.

Woah, this makes me feel too old

Dinosaur will be exciting the second time around.

They're going to make a live action Lilo and Stitch, aren't they?

I'd say Atlantis, but that's mainly because I love the Mignola designs, likeable characters and general unique format, and I felt the movie was pretty unappreciated as one of the few pieces of fiction involving Atlantis that wasn't terrible. And wasn't Yu-gi-oh, which was automatically forgiven for that bitching theme.

Then again, anything Mignola related doesn't earn as much as it should, so maybe I've just got shit taste.

If you really need your live action Herc fix, most of the classic Italian films are great. I don't think modern Hollywood could replicate the Herc's cocksure attitude. Hercules in these movies is way too confident for a modern protagonist.

More like LOTR. The series Black Cauldron was biased on second book of the five book long series 'The Chronicles of Prydain.' There's a lot of sequel potential there.

don't we all

theverge.com/2015/6/6/8740405/fantasia-live-action-movie-disney

Chernabogg was actually misunderstood all along.
Also a woman
>Mythology is all bullshit
>Good adaptation
No.

If they can take a lot of creative liberties, I'd like it if they basically redid some of the weaker stuff like Pocahontas. Maybe make it a bit darker and throw in some proper actions scenes. Same thing with Hunchback; make it even darker (closer to the book) and remove the fucking gargoyles.

I'd say Oliver & Co but I can't imagine it would be very good. Talking CG animals in New York was ruined by movies like Smurfs.

I guess Mulan or Aladdin would be the only ones I'd want to see, really. Anything else works better animated.

>>Mythology is all bullshit
>>Good adaptation

Speaking of this stupid trend that thankfully seems to be dying, I'd fucking love it if they seriously committed to making faithful adaptations of shit like Hercules. We finally have the fucking technology to do justice to all of the creatures and stuff from mythology but so far it's always either "lol that's not real, here's REAL & GRITTY story" or just a fucking stupid incoherent and dull mess of everything related thrown at the wall like Clash of Titans or whatever. I'd love a newer version of the Odyssey or something. Or a fucking trilogy about King Arthur that actually tells his story instead of all these stupid recent reinterpretations. It's been way too fucking long since honest adaptations of the original stories have even been attempted.

>remove the fucking gargoyles.
Not make them explicitly figments of his imagination?

Do they own the IP? It's not quite the same as adapting a classic myth.

The sword in the stoneWith female Arthur

And lose some of the "Native tribal magic", please.

>Aladdin is not Sup Forums-itic
ally possible
It's already in development.

Looking forward most to Hunchback, actually.

That one will be fucking fantastic.

>>Mythology is all bullshit
>I clearly didn't watch the movie

they'll do Mulan or Little Mermaid next. maybe Aladdin if they can get over the initial backlash of doing it sans Williams.

but a live-action Hercules would be fucking dope. they'd probably use Channing Tatum.

>The Loves of Hercules was on the new MST3k
>an entire new generation is exposed to the Eighth Wonder of the World that is Jayne Mansfield's figure

A rack so great they cast her twice in the same film.

>Chernabogg was actually misunderstood all along.

Is that a change from the actual mythology though? I always thought in the context of Chernabogg darkness wasn't evil, it's just darkness.