How come every new iteration of Cyborg is more and more over-designed than the one before?

How come every new iteration of Cyborg is more and more over-designed than the one before?

BOOYAH

Good thread, everyone

We can all go home now

The "DC You" design was great though

AYY I LOVE PIZZA

WHEN I SAY 'I WANT' YOU SAY 'PIE'

I WANT

Best post.
Best costume.

It's too comic booky. Next thing you'll be asking for brighter colored costumes.

I just wish they'd stop trying to push the C Gear symbol on his chest. I'm just not feeling it.

I wish they stopped pushing him.

Is it me or does he suffer from babyface?

I don't know, realism?

I'd say the same thing about Aquaman and Flash. It's somewhere in that thought process of below average deviant art or tumblr artists that places pragmatism/realism over aesthetics.

All robotic things have to have the michael bay transformers look. I think it's the law now.

Is that a Gipsy Danger gijinka?

Because simplicity is cancer and will result in the character looking like a big fat plastic action figure like the god damn Robocop remake did.

That's not simplistic.

But bright plastic orange scales aren't aesthetically pleasing unless your a 3 year old.

Because we want the Transformers audience.
But Iron Man looked great.

This honestly looks better than The transformers look only works in still shots. Once you add any motion it becomes a busy mess and it stretches credulity that all those tiny bits and pieces are protected and still working when they're so exposed. Armor is done in plates for a reason.

Maybe it's because he was introduced to me through the cartoon but white/blue works so much better than silver/black/red.

Cyborg?
More like CyBOREg

I'm just going to fucking say it because I'm from the future.

When electronic implants and shit become widely viable, it is going to look like skin, or like veins, because that's what we'll make it look like to look like a prosthetic. It isn't going to look like fucking transformers.

You kidding, that's the opposite of simplistic

Alright if you're from the future tell me when does Trump get impeached

you're mistaking muddled monochrome over-complication for simplicity.
Looks like he's wearing a leotard. Personally, I like the injustice 2 basic white design. I think if you used that with minor modifications you could get a nice modern look.

Jesus Christ

>Mad scientist father grafts crazy cybernetic experiment to crippled son.
>"This doesn't look like a commercial prosthetic!"
No shit?

he doesnt. survives his term but ungracefully loses the election.

Yeah but its supposed to be from a Motherbox, right? New Genesis has a nicer aesthetic than that

Watching E3, I just realized how much I want Terry Crews playing cyborg hamming it up in the film

It's like that shit movie..."The Signal", was it? It looks like an awful low poly papercraft...I wouldn't be susprised if it was made with actual cardboard.

>Simplicity is cancer

Thank God you're not in my class, you lil filthy twat.

he's slowly absorbing all the technology in the universe until such time as he ascends from his origins and becomes brainiac. actually he's absorbed BY brainiac but nobody actually realizes this until batman figures it out three quarters of the way through the film.

YO DC!!! I JUST MADE CYBORG RELEVANT.

Save Terry Crews for an interesting character.

Honestly. Design-wise, Cyborg has always looked like crap.

Sorry man, but I just can't talk a guy whose a third of his face is a robot.

If they wanted to hit minority quotas so hard then they should have stuck with John Stewart.

I always loved this design.It has coherence,there's contrast between elements and everything looks functional,. The chrome armor parts are there to protect sensible/exposed weak spots and IT SHOWS.

Now look at ...it not only makes a terrible job in copying the Bayshit Style® , it basically doesn't make any fucking sense. The torso looks convoluted and the limbs look like a cheap cardboard cosplay...they put all the effort in the NOT-Iron Man bare bones chest and somehow stop giving zero fucks when they started the arms and legs...and the metal skull part do not flows with the actor face, as if they never even watched a picture of him before starting this ..."design" .

(Black manta)

>But Iron Man looked great.

And Cyborg was designed to NOT LOOK LIKE IRON MAN

Same reason Iron Man keeps getting more and more over-designed. Same reason the Transformers movie designs looked like shards of glass shoved into a motherboard.

Because Hollywood and modern comic artists either can't fathom technology being so advanced that it accomplishes more with smaller tech and less moving parts...or they assume their audience is too dumb to understand.

Like a solid-state drives accomplishing more than previous hard drives while featuring no moving pieces at all. Or like how scifi movies in the 60's and 70's predicted gigantic computers and blinking lights rather than razor thin micro processors.

Since they can't conceive of sleek tech they just add more and more chunky nodes and shiny orbs embedded in future cogs and gears.