So is it me or Nightwing's Rebirth run kind of sucks? First arc with Raptor was shit (Nightwing, who once worn the cowl...

So is it me or Nightwing's Rebirth run kind of sucks? First arc with Raptor was shit (Nightwing, who once worn the cowl, getting curbstomped by some literally who with a shitty 90s wrestler costume and stupid gauntlet), Bludhaven arc was even worse save for the Superman issue, why the fuck would he fall in love with a Z-lister ex-villain with a dyke haircut? Nightwing must die arc sucked even worse save for the banter with Damian. I didn't even care about his baby. Wasn't even shocked when it didn't happen. In fact I can't even remember if she's even pregnant anymore. Then the filler issue got my hopes up since it was the best issue so far and I hadn't realized it was a filler issue. And lastly, I have no reason to believe the Blockbuster arc won't suck since everything before sucked. Even the art sucks, Fernandez was bad and To was somehow even worse

Do I have shit taste or the only good thing about this run is the classic black and blue costume and distinct lack of Batman?

nah, you're not wrong, it's trash. The thing is though, even the old nightwing books had only a handful of good stories.

Raptor and the Owls were ok.
Bludhaven was dull... I seriously lost interest on it.
But it was nice to see Pyg and Dr Hurt come back, it was just so criminally short.
As for Blockbuster? He's just a poor man's Bane. Hell, why not use him instead? Would be better at this point.

I read a good chuck of his 90s run and I really liked most of it. I've also read the first volume of Grayson and I also enjoyed it. Never got around to reading his N52 stuff but Rebirth is the first run I can say I didn't like

Yeah I agree with you. I may have overreacted in my OP post. Do you think it would be better as a monthly book or is Seeley just a complete hack?

>chuck

Ooops I meant chunk

I loved the Raptor stuff, but yeah Bludhaven was dull and Nightwing Must Die was only saved by Damian. I fucking love Seeley and he can sometimes write some really good shit, but I'm not excited for Blockbuster at all. But the biggest problem I think is that the art looks really cold, a simple colorist change to basically anyone else, would I think be a big improvement.

The coloring is fine. It's the art that's gross. Look at Dick's face in this page ffs. I would prefer one of those Jim Lee/DC house style clones over this "stylized" crap

I don't think the book is bad, but it isn't good. It is a typical Nightwing run where it doesn't stand out. I think Seeley would clearly like to do more Grayson-like stuff, but he is forced to use Bludhaven because of Rebirth.

His New 52 book has one of the DC House style artists. It wasn't any better. Though to be fair this is probably some of the best art a Nightwing book has had. He typically doesn't get good artists. Since his book sells well enough without top art.

>Since his book sells well enough without top art.
It sells less than Titans, Suicide Squad and Harley Quinn

Nah, it's not just you.

Literally could not care less about Shawn too. I'd rather Dick was with the gay cowboy.

And Seeley seems determined to basically redo his 90s run but with slightly better art.

>slightly better art.
Not even kidding, I prefer McDaniel's art

But everything was so... yellow.

Nightwing has been a consistent top 50 book since Rebirth, outselling GL, GA, Aquaman, and the rest of the Batfam titles. Nightwing sells well.

I just love late 90s art. I know it's the equivalent to eating steak with ketchup or willingly listening to Nickelback but I just can't help it. Really hits the sweet spot between ugly and generic looking (imo) 80s-early 90s art and 2000s over-computerized and traced shit. Late 90s art was so comfy

Yeah good point I guess. But has Aquaman ever sold well anyway? I love his current run

Under Johns

New 52 Nightwing outsold Wonder Woman and even Superman for a bit.

Nightwings always been a pretty bland book. But Dickfags love it and tend to freak out, and send Didio hate mail whenever DC try switch it up a bit so that aint changing any time soon.

Yeah, the writing is terrible. The worst part is the first person narration. Terrible.

House style devouring faggots...

I hate this book more for getting rid of Grayson.

Yep, it's just you. The run has been great so far.

Dickfans are almost annoying as Batman fans.

According to this thread, you're wrong

>Sup Forums has shit taste
I for one am shocked.

Explain to me what is so great about this run