Remember that weird uncanny valley feeling you got when you saw this shot for the first time?

Remember that weird uncanny valley feeling you got when you saw this shot for the first time?

I was more pissed with the black bars but really happy because I finally get to see Spidey in the MCU. I like how his mask works too.

Now I'm just pissed again because of Homecoming.

Pepperidge Farm remembers.

It's still somewhat surreal. Like, Spider-Man still doesn't feel like he's in the MCU, and the Homecoming film still isn't convincing me either. It just...doesn't feel MCU related. It feels like a fanfiction add on.
"And then Tony Stark went out of his way to recruit Spider-Man, who wasn't established before this, and knew his identity and told him directly to join in the fight"
>>Pissed with the black bars
Literal autism. Why are so many people upset with those?

I remember being crazy hyped up, and loved his bit in the movie, that banter between him and Cap was great.
>You got heart kid, where you from?
>Q-Queens!
>Heh. Brooklyn.
So good. And my hype hasn't been diminished yet by Homecoming.

Thought it was pretty cool desu.

>inb4 I'm called a Marvel shill cuck

>Literal autism. Why are so many people upset with those?

I don't mind them now, but before CW I was expecting them to just use a modified ASM2 suit or something.

I get it from the shot where he's holding the ship together too.
I was hyped though. He was okay in Civil War. Not sure about Homecoming.

That's a good costume and it goes to show just how good a "homemade" suit can be (I'm presuming) but I doubt we'd ever see something like that in a movie.

It was not uncanny valley. Frome first seconds i knew for shure it look like shit.
On other hand we have Tarkin in Rogue One and that was uncanny valley. I didn't even knew how to feel at that moment.

And i surprised SP:H still looking not so much better. I thought Sony hase good VFX team.

>On other hand we have Tarkin in Rogue One and that was uncanny valley. I didn't even knew how to feel at that moment.
I thought Tarkin was really good. Even if the Uncanny Valley is there I think it works for his character.
The Leia was kind of weird. Definitely looked like Fisher but not really as she was in ANH.

Thing is, and even during Civil War, Spider-Man just doesn't look like he fits in with the other heroes. He just sort of sticks out.

I just wished that Spider-Man's stuff felt more like the Spider-Man stuff we know, instead of "Civil War Expansion Pack: Spider-Man"

Spider-Man has always really stuck out compared to most other Marvel heroes though, even more so in the crappy Ultimate comics which is what the movies seem to be trying to adapt.

I'd like to think that's the point of him you know? He'd be this flashy bright colored dude compared to everybody else who has extremely detailed suits.

This one?

I disagree. I feel like Spider-Man always stood with Wolverine, Iron Man, etc, but in a MCU where all the costumes have been modified greatly, he looks really out of place

No?

I'm flat out baffled how they will proceed with a Spider-Man franchise without any of the previous stuff from the films, or Venom and Black Cat. Like, it feels so bare boned.

Aside from Ironman, Spidey is one of the few heroes in Marvel, at least back in the day, who wore a mask that completely covered his face and masked this voice, this alone is one of the things that really made him stand out when compared to the other costumed heroes. In the MCU most everything is tacticool, dark and tech based, and most everyone has their face showing, then you have Spidey, a kind in a red and blue spandex suit covering him from head to toe. I think him standing out from the rest of the other established heroes in the MCU is perfect.

You forgot War Machine, Ant-Man and Black Panther. Hell, Ant-Man felt more in place than Spider-Man!

Spider-Man is the biggest bin of potential stories and characters this side of Batman. They'll find stuff to use.

No.

>You forgot
I did say "most everyone in the MCU" Spidey, aside from being way more colorful than WM and BP stands out w I think his group mostly due to the fact that you know he's just a kid and his costume allows him to be expressive.

Except all Batman films relied on their villains, which this new Spider-Man series is starting with the fucking Vulture.

Ant-Man is an established character.
I'm not saying that every character must already be introduced before an ensemble movie, but it certainly feels more natural that way.
That's the biggest failing of the DCEU, in my opinion. Almost all of the characters are being introduced in states where we're just told that they've been around doing stuff for some time, and we're just supposed to roll with it. What a great "expanded" universe.

Vulture premiered in Amazing Spider-man issue 2. I'm OK with him being MCU Spidey's first big villain

It's raining again.

This, not to mention Vulture actually looks genuinely scarey in Homecoming instead of some really really old man. It would have been a bad option to start with a higher tier villain like Goblin, Venom (at first) or anyone else who can pose a real threat to a seasoned Spider-Man, then move onto someone like The Enforcers or Tarantula in the movies that follow. Vulture is a great pick, but personally I would have pushed for Mysterio.

I'll watch it but after mcu movies with spies, gods, wizards, in SPACE, a street level hero feels kinda meh.

I will only allow Mysterio if he's played by Bruce Campbell.

Me too user, me too, he's the only guy who can do Beck any kind of justice, though I am pleased as pie to see Keton as Toomes, always liked him playing an antagonist.

That's not what uncanny valley means. This isn't creepy, it just looks kind of crappy in broad daylight shots. It's good CGI, but good CGI still doesn't look real.

>And my hype hasn't been diminished yet by Homecoming.
Don't worry. Once the movie comes out, your hype will be obliterated.

It's funny, I remember memesters like you saying the same thing about Wonder Woman when it was coming out, and that actually turned out pretty good.

That's funny because I never said that about Wonder Woman and enjoyed the hell out of it. Iron Man 5 (and Spider-Man) is not the same movie.

I said "Like You", not you directly, but you're pushing for the Ironman Homecoming meme knowing that Stark is going to be in the film about 5 minutes longer than Joker was in Suicide Squad, so what else can you be other than a memester?

>Remember that weird uncanny valley feeling you got when you saw this shot for the first time?
I'm not here to validate your personal problems