Was Gravity Falls the most serious/intense Disney cartoon?

Was Gravity Falls the most serious/intense Disney cartoon?

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!VN5AkTAD!T_xGsIB9JG0Eo7FU-kD5Lw
dailymotion.com/awesometvshows
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Not really.

compared to?

Off the top of my head, I'd say Tron:Uprising probably had it beat in those categories

Tron: Uprising, Star Wars: Rebels. They were pretty intense, especially Tron.

It wasn't a cartoon but So Weird felt pretty intense when I was a kid watching it (Can't find it anywhere to rewatch it as an adult and see how it holds up though). Anyone else remember that show?

I think Gravity Falls is just one of the first cartoons they had with a solid plot to follow. Like with an end-game in mind. Disney likes to quietly end shows and repeat them until they can't get anymore views off reruns so plotlines didn't really work until this show.

I haven't seen these, I haven't seen much Tron stuff but I know what it is, same for Star Wars stuff except I've seen a few of the older ones and of course I know it well, thanks for the answer. Might check out Tron Uprising

I don't but it'd be nice to see what it is, I might search around

It was a live action show that followed a girl, her brother and her mom on a tour across the country. Their mom was a singer, and the girl would run into paranormal shit everywhere they stopped (I think her name was Fiona).

But midway through the series Fiona's actress quit to take on different acting roles or something and she got replaced with another girl and it sucked after that. It ended at the beginning of Disney's "Turn all the females on the network into pop stars" phase.

I loved this show as a kid and a lot of it went over my head because I was just too young to really get a lot of it. If you happen to find it i'll suck your dick backwards, user

No.

you have to be 18 or older to browse this board

>Might check out Tron Uprising
mega.nz/#F!VN5AkTAD!T_xGsIB9JG0Eo7FU-kD5Lw
Have fun.

dailymotion.com/awesometvshows
Search their channel for So Weird, it has a bunch, bro

wew lad

Heard of it but never saw much of it, been meaning to check it out. Thanks for the reminder, and fuck I wish I was under 18 again, being in my 30s sucks

Thanks man

Legend of Korra was far more intense. What was the last disney show that featured encasing someone's head and having it blown up or having a daughter watch her dad get stomped to death?

>Was Gravity Falls the most serious/intense Disney cartoon?

Wow, no. Not by a long shot. GF was definitely a comedy first and last.

That was Nickelodeon what the fuck is wrong with you

Wait, disregard this. I didnt read the disney part, into the trash it goes.

Thank you so much dude. I haven't looked since i was in high school truth be told, I thought they were lost.

>being in my 30s sucks
:'( I know that feel anonbro

And even so wasn't most of Korra "aired" online and not on the actual network? You can get away with a lot more if you don't have to worry about the censors.
I forget this show exists but I only watched it once or twice when I was a kid. I know it's got a lot to offer but i can't really get into it. Any way ya'll can convince me to give it a chance?

>having a daughter watch her dad get stomped to death

Didn't Korra's dad just get chucked off a cliff?

Also, ATLA had the same stakes as Korra, but it's harder to get invested in LoK when the character progression is all over the place. Korra resets her character at the start of season 2 and 3, despite being in situations where she could have easily overcome obstacles had she retained that growth i.e. appreciating air bending not just being punch and kick. And then we had season 4, where Korra had mental issues which could have been interesting, had they actually been from mercury poisoning rather than Raava fucking with her.

This isn't even tackling the other characters, or the numerous plotholes in season 2.

not him but Gargoyles was pretty serious/intense

The obvious ones were already mentioned: Gargoyles, Tron, and Star Wars but even an incredibly shit old show like The Mighty Ducks in the days of the Disney Afternoon's death throes was supposed to be "serious." It was just also terrible.

But a lot of the Disney Afternoon shows had some serious and dark moments and some also did have narrative arcs (not the best example for serious parts but Duck Tales always had long running narrative arcs and was serialized, though not really one big ongoing story like GF had). Talespin is another thing that comes to mind that had some dark and adult things. I mean, Gravity Falls didn't even kill anyone except for one very minor character dying of old age offscreen. Meanwhile even in Darkwing Duck the bad guys murdered people.

In another 3 months it won't be.

I hate when she acts serious. Not any better when she's wacky but still.