Why doesn't Batman wear grey and blue anymore?

Why doesn't Batman wear grey and blue anymore?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JFNlyGa83Fo
youtube.com/watch?v=JMaYVfm4cEE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because that shit's gay, bro.

Movies.

>implying that's blue and not just an artistic representation of black

what, you mean the black shadows on his mask would be impossible in real life so he needs a lighter cowl?

youtube.com/watch?v=JFNlyGa83Fo

>implying that's an artistic representation of black and not just an artistic representation of pink

Paper tech and printing evolved and there's no need for that. Grey and blue are good for some stylish cartoon, that's it.

Since no mans land and the Tas.

The did recanoize his black shrunks and no yellow oval earth 2 logo.

GREY AND BLUUUUUE

Who says he doesn't user. Intellectual colorists still give him the blue cape and cowl once in a while. Like in that recent two issue Batwoman arc in Detective Comics where flashbacks to New 52 Batman had the costume with dark black cape and cowl while the current day scenes had blue.

Because capeshit has to be dark and edgy and realistic.

They are using this Earth 2 costume again. So the yellow oval never existed.

While Modern Earth 1 is retroactivly the old earth 1 reborn.

black is cooler I guess

I'm just glad the current costume has some gold and purple to break up the grey and black

Wouldn't a navy blue cape be better for hiding in shadows anyway? In black he would leave a man shaped spot in the darkness.

Faggots such as Frank Miller and Zack Snyder.

Muh Batman has to wear all black and gray, while shooting people in muh goddamn Bat Tank.

that sounds wrong but I don't know enough about lighting to refute it

Adam West rocked the blue and gray. Fuck that Miller/Snyder muh God Damn Batman shit.

The cartoon inspired them to change it back to pre yellow.

Another thing is in the 00s and before that the trokia costume removed the blue. The yellow oval outlasted the blue.

There's even earlier post crisis comics set during legends and the jli where the costume is black but yellow oval.

Black and gray is a more practical color scheme I guess.

Dark blues, deep purples, and grays are far more effective in blending in with the night darkness and shadows.

Black sticks out horribly when exposed to any light source.

In before but muh ninjas wore black. No they didn't. The Kabuki theaters invented the black ninja costumes.

Real ninjas wore traditional Japanese clothing to actually blend in with their environments.

The 00s costume before inc.

the same reason Superman isn't allowed the trunks anymore. the people in charge think that people think they're uncool and by getting rid of them more people will want to read them.

Only Jim lee dissed the trunks.

and he's one of the co-publishers. Though I suspect the no trunks order comes from even higher up the chain. Probably someone from WB themselves who thinks they're what's stopping people liking them more. Same reason we'll never get them again in live action.

The trunks are still used in retro products, new bed spreads and posters and buttons and toys, Still used in alt realties being recently published as well.

Michael Keatons suit inspired the no trunks and blue theme. Adam West is the last to wear the Trunks in live action.

Except Michael Keaton's costume is unbelievably impractical. He can't turn his head independent of his body, and the black latex/rubber doesn't breathe. Keaton suffered from heat exhaustion because of that costume.

fuck your weeb shit

youtube.com/watch?v=JMaYVfm4cEE

I wish they didn't outline the Bat logo with gold though, it seems too distracting.

People watching that didn't know. But it's the reason and the cartoon why the earth 1 new-look oval and blue went away. While the ears Neal Adam used stayed.

Trunks being phased out started at marvel. Dardevil, Surfer, Cap used to have them, and most never made a fuss when they left. Leaving Cyclops the last to wear them.

Theyr're considered not silly but dated, creative people think casuals and fans hate them.

Frank Miller had Batman in grey and blue with the yellow oval.