How is it that Terry could psychologically fuck with the Joker in the span of 10 minutes but Bruce himself could never...

How is it that Terry could psychologically fuck with the Joker in the span of 10 minutes but Bruce himself could never even faze him?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=K8C4-SrlptE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bruce was too much of a stick in the mud to resort to trolling tactics like Terry could.

Bruce was always too serious, while Terry could bring an outsider's perspective to their conflict and was more willing to try something else.

Does this mean the average troll could make Joker lose his shit?

Does this mean Sup Forums could make him lose his shit?

Sup Forums could make anyone lost their respective shit.

Conversely, does this mean Terry posts on Sup Forums?

This, Joker was always a fag that wanted people to believe his hype. When you deny him that, he breaks down

I think it was more the idea of a Batman doing it to him that caught him off guard. He wanted a good ol' brawl with a Bruce but what he got to his dismay was some arrogant young punk.

>How is it that Terry could psychologically fuck with the Joker in the span of 10 minutes but Bruce himself could never even faze him?
because it wasn't the joker
he's dead Jim

Tim's dynamic completely fucks with Joker's archetypal fight with Batman.
It's like if Spiderman with a good writer of bantz swings in to talk smack to a complete edge-lord. Joker either has to become silly to deal with it, or have a breakdown in ego.

For all intents and purposes it was him... or maybe it was the image that the Joker had of himself? Perhaps this "image" was obsessed with living up to the hype itself without the Joker's input?

Imagine standing in for the real thing when you know you're just a fake copy, and someone tries to tear down the idea you're attempting to live up to.

>Your fighting DIRTY
>The REAL Batman would nev-
>I told you im different

It was all a game to Joker Terry never followed shit to an extent like Bruce

Yep, even in the animated series we get that. I mean look at this.

youtube.com/watch?v=K8C4-SrlptE

Joker is terrified of dying if it means that he isn't remembered. He's like a bully who likes hitting people, but the moment their victims fight back, they'll cry.

Because Terry is essentially Spiderman as Batman.
And the Joker's schtick only works if he has someone serious to bounce off.

When someone else makes jokes back, and doesn't try to take him seriously, he gets mad.

It's like when the heckler is genuinely funnier than the comedian.

Terry is a far more competent batman.
example
Who is Terry's rogues gallery?
>he doesn't have one
Terry is like wonder woman, he takes care of shit

>they don't remember the sick bants Bruce gave to Joker

This guy gets it.

I feel like that's part of why he isn't used in comics more. No iconic villains that really stay with you and survived.

>Inque
>Shriek
>Spellbinder
>Curare
>Stalker
>Royal Flush Gang
>Mad Stan
>Willie Watt

You could probably bullshit Blight back, too.

Bruce just hates him too much to mock him. Real gut level visceral loathing, he'd rather knock his teeth out then crack wise. Terry just looks at him and sees an unfunny faggot clown attention whore, EXACTLY like the legions of unfunny teenage faggots attention whores dressed like clowns who he used to beat up on a daily basis BEFORE he became Batman.

Don;t forget the Jokerz are a thing in Batman Beyond. A bunch of faggot teenagers saw footage of a serial killer from their grandparent's time and decided to emulate that; like if Hot Topic's entire clientele all decided to go school shooter in response to dystopian cyberpunk. He knows exactly what makes them tick, God knows there's enough pathetic examples for him to examine, the original model isn't too hard to figure out.

Bruce looks at Joker and he just sees the victims. Terry looks at him and he sees a freak worthy only of mockery.

>that time Sup Forums trolled Shia Labeouf into a mental breakdown

>Bruce just hates him too much to mock him.

This is a good post.
Bruce also has all the baggage he carries when the Clown was in his prime and paralyzing, twisting or out-right killing his friends. A reserved man would struggle to make light of a force that can hurt him so.
Terry just sees an overrated bitch ass nigga.

>Does this mean the average troll could make Joker lose his shit?
Not the way you'd think, he'd probably just shank them or set them up.
It was Terry's chiding plus Batman training that allowed him to make Joker recognize he was dealing with two of his biggest trigger points and couldn't put either down with his usual material nor Tim's skills.
Which suggests to me Nightwing probably could have done something similar a lot earlier had he not fell out with Bruce.

did Dick even appear in Beyond?
Barbra was commissioner, but i can't remember Dick showing up at all

>Terry is like wonder woman
Diana fights the same retarded Gods and rogue Amazons every week.

Comics only.

Turned out that Bruce literally cucks him and knocks Barbara up, destroying his engagement with her.

You mean cheat

I don't think cucking is what happened

I was using literally and cuck in the meme way, but yeah, an affair is had.

That was before Joker mocked his dead parents and tortured, abused, and experimented on Robin.

DCAU Bruce gets progressively humorous and crankier with each chronological installment. What happened to Tim seems to be the major turning point.

Dick Fury thread?

Fair enough.

>progressively LESS humorous

I fucked that up.

why is furry not black?

bruce wasnt much for banter, it's sort of like how spider man is a chatter box when he fights, distracts people.

yeah i remember that...but i didn't remember dick himself appearing
based grayson
also, it just seems so incredibly shitty for bruce and barbara to do that, i can understand if they couldn't have a happy ending, but damn, thats just so brutal

>he takes care of shit
he really doesn't. Most of the bad ends in BB were due to incompetence and unforseen side effects of whatever gave the rogues their powers or straight up accidental maiming on Terry's part. It's how the show is written.

In Return of the Joker Babs mentions that he left to establish himself in another city

Well, no, because your average Sup Forums user would not survive long enough to really piss him off. And Terry is actually pretty decent with the quips, the average Sup Forums user isn't nearly as funny as they think they are. I have a lot of fun here with people, but that's honestly because my brain filters out the bad or mediocre attempts at humor, and I only really remember the times someone is actually funny.

Probably Bludhaven.

He finally raped him.

>user tries to bait Joker
>Joker laughs and kills him
Huh, I guess it would've been smarter to focus on combat training instead of coming up with quips...

>bullshit Blight back
In the submarine showdown Terry told Blight's son that the body wasn't recovered. I was waiting for Blight to return the whole series.

He comes back in the comics with selective amnesia but is killed by Stalker.

>Terry just looks at him and sees an unfunny faggot clown attention whore, EXACTLY like the legions of unfunny teenage faggots attention whores dressed like clowns who he used to beat up on a daily basis BEFORE he became Batman.

Oh,the street gangs inspired by the Joker actually desensitized Terry towards his antics.

Exactly. In the past, he was unique and horrifying. In the future, he's just another clown.

>Joker was early years of Sup Forums, shocking to outsiders in everyway
>The Joker gang is modern chans, barely phasing anyone with access to the internet.
Oh... it hurts.

You guys just helped me realize there's a bookend to Batman Beyond.

Batman Beyond with Terry hounded by the Jokerz, Bruce intervenes and is unimpressed due to his encounter with Joker, among other things, and swiftly beats them while mocking their gimmick.

Batman Beyond then ends the series that is, so sans the JLU epilogue with Bruce hounded by the Joker, Terry then intervenes and is unimpressed due to his encounter with the Jokerz, among other things, and (more or less) beats him while mocking his gimmick.

Bravo Burnett, Dini, Timm, Murakami.

It's because Terry wasn't Bruce. I love it when he's laughing at Joker and gets told to shut up but then he says "Hey I thought the Joker always wanted to make Batman laugh" to which Joker just gets pissed off and says "You're not Batman!"

Oh, that's pretty good.

oh yeah, good point
whew, i'd love to read about dick being the only hero of a city permanently

well fuck

Bruce was an autist and that wasn't the real Joker.

Dick and Babs werent a couple when Bruce was railing her. When Babs got back with Dick, she was already pregnant.

It basically was as close as you could get to the real Joker, it was his entire personality imprinted on a chip.

That's just the censored version. Originally it was supposed to be a brainwashed Dick Grayson.

You mean Tim Drake.

I saw the PG-13 version. The chip was a thing even in that.

Then how did the shock scene go in the uncensored version if there wasn't a microchip to fry and free Tim?

Did anyone feel that Joker's death in the censored version was far more gruesome than the uncensored one? I mean one is getting shot and just dying while the other is a brutal electrocution with him screaming his lungs out.

I thought the chip crap was the same in both versions. Why even change it? During Tim's torture or whatever the tv version said, Joker implanted the Cadmus chip with Joker personality in him.

Joker IS the average troll. Bruce has fun feeding him, even tho it's wrong and leads to the suffering of others.
Terry refuses to feed the troll.

Grusome no. The electrocution was offscreen while the flagpole impalement was witnessed onscreen. But audio wise yeah. More brutal.

That's pretty nice, how the whole things fits. Well-said, user.

But Bruce doesnt feed Joker and Terry does feed by responding and trying to reverse troll. Its just that it works for Terry

That whole thing was Batman as fuck.
>ok based on this social media post
>and these local animal sounds
>and those road noises
>and the arrangement of fucking stars in the goddamn sky
>he's here

Yeah, the sound alone was pretty chilling.

>Dick and Babs werent a couple when Bruce was railing her. When Babs got back with Dick, she was already pregnant.
nah, dick and babs were together iirc, thats why it was such a point of contention.
worse is bruce beating her into an abortion but w/e

Yeah, imagine that.

That's good old detective work.

No. The conflict was that neither Babs or Bruce told Dick about their relationship when he got back together with Babs. Though Dick wouldve been fine with no one mentioning it if it werent for the pregnancy.

>Bruce beating her into abortion.

Babs got baby killed by muggers while Dick was beating Bruce over the revelation.

Don't forget
>the positions of those plane trails

Joker is a troll. He lives to get a reaction, a rise out of others.
Bruce is your average internet user. He knows how much damage a troll can cause, but he engages him anyway because it's still kinda fun.
Terry is an experienced user. He has no time for games or tricks, he's got work to do and a rocking sidekick to not fuck. He has a special insight into the troll psyche: perhaps he learned from the best, or maybe he was something of a troll himself in his early days on the web. Either way, Terry knows not to engage the Joker on Joker's terms, instead dictating the encounter on his own will - in other words, trolling the troll.

Say it ain't so. We mock the edge, yet it is we who have lost it!

What was it exactly? Was it just trolling his anti Trump protest streams, or was there more to it?

Bruce doesn't have that personality type and doesn't want to encourage the Joker.

Even if Bruce tried something like that it wouldn't work as well because The Joker loves him and would probably feel flattered that Bruce/Batman would put so much effort into messing with him.

Christ this animation hasn't aged well

Yeah, that would suck.

>tfw Mad Stan is the best of the bunch
Would Sup Forums get tired of Mad Stan's shit?

The Joker screaming, "You're not Batman!" was the best line in the whole movie.

Damn.

Oh snap.

why didn't cadmus just plant a batman chip on one of their best soldiers instead of going through the trouble of recoding Terry's "dad" sperm with bruce dna and setting up to kill his parents?

Bruce fucked with him all the time. Joker literally one that fight if it wasn't for the fact that his consciousness resided in a sensitive microchip.

Yes but later became Weaponized Autism when he tried to hide/make his message untouchable

too fragile

Maybe because the prototype got stolen? Or maybe they wanted a more "natural" batman beyond rather than a Bruce clone?

this is good.

It's slowly begun to dawn on me that Shia probably has lolcow potential. I mean this is the guy who tried to found/co-opt an entire philosophical movement just so he wouldn't have to admit he plagiarized a screenplay he used in a movie he made.

You just naturally hate the Younger generation.

More... so much more...

Sup Forums sucks balls 99% of the time, but every now and then they do something un-fucking-believably awesome

Apparently in response to this, Shia moved the flag to London. It was found and vandalized in under 24 hours.

Last I heard Shia was in a log cabin somewhere in Scandinavia.

Any good Shia reactions?

Personal reactions? No. But the fact that he went from doing his livestream protest (which Sup Forums ruined) to streaming a flag in a field a thirty miles from the nearest city (which Sup Forums also ruined) to a stream on another continent (which brit/pol/ ruined) to a cabin in the middle of the Scandinavian wilderness (which I'm told Sup Forums also eventually ruined) really kind of says it all.

I think they broke his mind.

The first one was because Shia was a little bitch and the camera was 24/7 with internet access.
The subsequent ones were because Shia was even more of a little baby bitch and thought he could outsmart us or run away.

Seeing as how he doesn't exist, no.

>log cabin somewhere in Scandinavia.
That ended after a few days. There aren't a lot of rentable log cabins in Scandinavia, so they figures out which site had cabins that matched the walls visible from the cameras. They checked the bookings, and there were a few cabins rented for the intended duration of the project.
Last big thing that happened to him was he pitched a fit and called a bartender at a bowling alley a racist because they wouldn't serve him fries, then I think he tossed a bottle of grey goose at someone's head, so he's going to court.