I forgot how bad the Flash DC You suit was

I forgot how bad the Flash DC You suit was.

Did anyone really think this would stick?

It stuck for a while.
I'm more confused about why the New 52 design is still around. Carmine draws the old boots when he has an excuse, same for removing the lines, and the chinstrap just looks ugly on speedsters. Especially on Thawne.

I hate that they keep trying to reinvent the wheel. There's a reason the Silver Age costume was untouched for so long.

It was just Brett Booth and Andrew Dalhouse being Brett Booth and Andrew Dalhouse.

Yeah, I agree.
Thank god the New 52 design for Hal didn't stick around for that long, too.

Actually, most of the New 52 redesigns were pretty bad. I think Wonder Woman was the only one that worked.

I think it's trying to be "cinematic", and get rid of the spandex look, but it's just ugly on the comics page.

I'm still laughing at what a complete and utter failure DC You was. It didn't even last a year.

I genuinely love Nu52 Wonder Woman's design. Especially the color scheme. I'm actually really annoyed that Rebirth Wondy went back to red/blue/gold, I loved Nu52's red/midnight blue/silver.

I stopped reading DC about 20 issues into Nu52.
Everything was shit.
Someone said Rebirth was fixing everything.
So I read that.

Went back to Marvel.

I get the idea behind Flash and GL. They're supposed to only glow and show the Tron lines when actively using their powers. A lot of artists ignored that though, so you had Flash just covered in messy yellow lines all the time.

Oh, that's where this suit came from. I like it.

to be fair though, Nu52 WW also had the best ongoing from number 1

>I think it's trying to be "cinematic", and get rid of the spandex look, but it's just ugly on the comics page.

Absolutely agreed. Every 52 design and new origin felt like they were mainstreaming everything to be adapted to movies, even seeming embarrassed of its own history. That's why I hated New 52 so much.

I'd probably really like Rebirth in New 52's colors. I think the DCEU/Xena-esque look is a fantastic modernization of Wondy's classic star-spangled swimsuit.

It's like Wonder Woman has zigged where the rest of DC has zagged, the past few years.

Most of the New 52 was flat-out detestable, but Wonder Woman gets a cool self-contained story that feels like a Vertigo title.

And now most of Rebirth has been good to great, but Rucka's return to Wondie reads like a bad fanfic.

They reverted backwards to the non shoulder pad and mandarian neck collar version.

The boots still are used from nu 52. All the new costumes was designed from a wildstorm/shadowline style.

Only the flash stuck around but is hinted to get a streamlined one.

Right? Azzarello's run was fucking fantastic

When are they going to give Barry his own costume back? He's been in Wally derivatives for too long.

Yeah, that's what it seems like to me as well, coupled with the massive compression of the continuity. It's a good thing Rebirth is more of a reversion to the Pre-Flashpoint aesthetic; what with Batman and Superman's trunks being added back in.

It never existed except on Teen White Wally early in his career.

I also remember the infantinos trying to sue
Dc for the old costume.

Funny considering it's only using Barry's DC You design while Hal doesn't look like a dirty hobo.

Why is his right foot backwards?

>Stopped reading shit from one company
>Continues reading shit from another company

Idk I liked Hal's. But his probably changed the least out of the JL.

>It never existed except on Teen White Wally early in his career.
Can you explain what you mean by this? Do you mean in the current canon or something?

Booth.

It could be worse. Could be like Rebirth and have Flash be surrounded by a comical amount of lightning when in costume, even when he's standing still.

Yes. The Rebirth one-shot had a flashback to Barry training Wally. In the image, Barry is wearing his New 52 "Everybody loves lines, right?" suit while Wally has the mini-silver age flash suit

Wow wtf.

when you notice something like that, the Speed Force did it.

Ugh. Don't even have words for how much that disgruntles me.

I'm pretty sure it's referenced in Suicide Squad book, prolly Barry wore it for a short time

We got fucking lucky Booth didn't design Wally's new costume.

>what with Batman and Superman's trunks being added back in.

What

Pretty sure he did. The fact that it has so many useless lines on it is pretty evident that Booth at least played a role, if not being responsible for the whole thing.

He co-designed it with Jim Lee.

You know you suck at this when Lee streamlines your design

Dunno how anyone can think those marker lines are remotely decent.

Batman #16 has the trunks in a display case in the background of the Bat restaurant, and Superman's classic costume is canon again, being worn up to the Doomsday fight.

Yeah batmans pre oval look exists. The blue trunks and yellow oval doesn't however.

Wally reinserting his stuff in. Like Kal el.

But Barrys death and marriage to Iris never happended. Trickster one doesn't exist. First Mirror Master never died.

The rougues are shown to have their old costumes back in though. And 15 years career.

Yet it's the best looking new design

It has elements of all his costumes and the dark walter west.

>that uniform explanation

Is this a reference to wally turning to the dark side? Considering how fucked up Wally's current life is I would not mind seeing him go NUCLEAR

I'm glad this shit is gone too

When Linda died, Walter started crippling criminals to make the world safer.

Walter is the hypertime reason Wally sometimes has blue eyes in old comics or is prone to quick answers or anything Mike Baron used.

it's better than his OG look fight me. At least it doesn't look like a Metal Male Stripper Costume. Sure it looks more like power armor and less like "Cyborg" but I'll take this design anyday over any of his other preceding designs. DC You one was easily the best too bad that didn't stuck and we got Cyborg 2.0 Slim

You want this back.

Or when he became Cyberion.

was this the main suit in comics during the time that Injustice 2 was in development? Because that would explain a lot.

I agree. Costume redesigns are such a Marvel thing. Not that they're bad but the thing that makes DC DC is the history. The costumes are so classic and they keep fucking around with them.

>better than his OG look
No the fuck it's not

With DC You every main hero got a temporary makeover.

Black Canary is the only one who got their classic design back (and they still tweaked it for Rebirth).

I think it's kind of ironic that Wondie's New 52 comic was the biggest departure from the character of all the League members and the biggest attempt to edgify and make things more realistic/cinematic, yet the costume is, while a big change, still strongly rooted in the classic bathing suit look instead of fucking armor.

Granted it's obviously because Azz/Chiang didn't design the costume and Lee designed it in a vacuum with no idea what the actual writers were gonna go for, but it's still funny that with every other Leaguer getting a shitty tacticool outfit with collars and no trunks, the one character everyone is constantly trying to give armor to is the only one who DOESN'T get armor.

Costume redesigns started with dc. Aquaman many looks.

Wallys many looks. Supermams many gimmick costumes, batmans 3 costumes in the 90s. On and on.

Marvel only really started to change crazy when the 90s came.

Yeah, I felt the Nu52 design's color scheme did a much better job separating Wonder Woman from Superman's color iconography.

Now ww love murderzons? We just had thread overwhelmingly shitting on it now its the best thing since superman's briefs? Goddamn Sup Forums you're confusing

There's always been a big divide. What it comes down to is people who are fans of Wonder Woman don't like it and people who are not do like it.

It's good, but it's almost too classic. It needs something, not much but something. Maybe just make the belt symmetrical, give the arm bolts more of an angle, and I'd throw a yellow ring on the circle.

Im not glad this shit is gone too

I thought that meant he was constantly shooting off silver lightning when he wasn't going fast.

>*sigh* A lightning bolt huh? Same shit different day.

His designs would be better if he wasn't obsessed with metallic sheens. It worked for Zoom though

So his new 52 design

>Iron Spider Daredevil

Pretty much, but minus the glowy lines and over designed boots.

There have been hints that the first Trickster existed. Axel used a device which had a figure of Silver Age Trickster on it, and there was a mannequin of James shown in the Sugar and Spike story in the Legends of Tomorrow comic. Plus Williamson was asked about him on Twitter and he seemed to indicate they'd be tackling James later.

Booth said it was inspired by first season of TV show.

New52 Aquaman with the scales and high collar is perfect