Its an episode where Moomin Papa tells a monster to get off his front lawn or hes opening fire

>its an episode where Moomin Papa tells a monster to get off his front lawn or hes opening fire

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IYrtfCYK95A&list=PLD899E3BFB3EDE1ED
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moomin
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I don't understand cartoons anymore.

>it's a everyone gets a piece of snork maiden episode

So what was Snufkins deal?

Was he just a drifter?

From what I understand, he needs time alone. He loves his friends and moominvalley, but he can't live there all the time. He needs his space, and dislikes society and structure. Plus: Moomin and most of the others hibernate, so there's nothing there for him in the cold months anyways.

Moominpappa doesn't fuck around, son

At least he knows how to deal with those damn illegals.

Snufkin = Lalli

How else do you survive nordic winters?

Are Snork Maiden and Snork brother and sister? Where did their parents go?

I liked the episode where Moomin got mistaken for a hippo and captured by zoo people.

I also really liked the winter episodes where all the Moomins were hibernating but Moomin started waking up early every winter and hanging out with a harem of girls.

i remember getting angry at this picture as a child for the book title being placed wrong

Maybe he's reading a japanese printing of it? the fucking weeb.

>magic tree is growing through Moomin house
>Moomin Papa and Moomin Mama climbing through the tree snapping huge thick branches like nothing

I love the cartoons but holy fuck couldn't they ask the harmonica guy to record a few more songs other than that one winter lament

WHAT IF........ it's just the dub thing?

It says "Bara" right on the cover, guys. What did you expect?

youtube.com/watch?v=IYrtfCYK95A&list=PLD899E3BFB3EDE1ED

The Moomins actually hibernate.

If Snufkin doesn't feel like doing something, he won't.

Cartoons before the 2000 was fucking based!, now people shit hteirs pants for NOT showhing some gay in Steven Universe, ´coz "diversity"

Remember how cartoons drink, fuck, party like animals and all?

Fucking SJW ruined the comics & cartoons

I've been meaning to watch this for ages. The new film was a good taste test. What is the best way to consume Moomin? Anime or Comic or both simultaneously.

Read the novels.

Are TLs as readily accessible as the comics and anime ones? Care to point me (spoonfeed) me in the right direction?

The books.
Then the comics
Then the cartoon, the 90's series

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moomin
>Comet in Moominland
>Finn Family Moomintroll
>The Exploits of Moominpappa, Some editions: Moominpappa's Memoirs
>Moominsummer Madness
>Moominland Midwinter
>Tales from Moominvalley (Short stories).
>Moominpappa at Sea
>Moominvalley in November

From the midwinter book onwards the tone grows a bit more philosophical and even melancholy, though they're all philosophical. Moominpappa at Sea for example is a great novel about angst and the meaning of life and the quest for writing the great novel about the sea.

They're really, really great.

I'm sure if you just google the book names with "download pdf" or something like that you can find english-language ebook versions. Or check your local library. Or buy them from Amazon

I'm not sure if I'd call it anime just because it was animated in Japan, just like I won't consider Steven Universe a Korean cartoon just because it's physically animated in Korea

The books dwindle between profound, philosophical and melancholy in a very scandinavian fashion. Very good childrenäs books if you ask me. Not sure how they hold up to this day as i haven't read them since i was a kid.

The cartoon/anime is comfy incarnate. Just like the books it's basically just kids going on adventures that vary between cute and terrifying. Perfect for rainy days or when you are in a comfy mood. Just watch it and everything feels good.

The comics should be considered a sub thing if you want to expand your experience. They are there but does add a little extra flair, you aren't missing out if you decide to read them.
Tone wise, Tove Jansson's scandinavian cynicism is shining through so clear it is almost funny. Kind of depressing sometimes. Like the books, they are written and drawn by her.

>childrenäs

Nationality detected.

snuffkin sounds like a sperg

I just love this mentality.

>Moominvalley in November
aka the one without Moomins and with Tove's self insert coping with the loss of her mother.
Hell, i have never even read that one and the mere plot synopsis sounded sobering as fuck.

Shoutout to one of my best friends who commissioned a self insert/Snufkin fanfiction

>Tove's self insert
Little My? Because Tutikki was based on her lover.

Yeah the November one is definitely the most kind of, melancholy of them all

Snufkin and MoominSON are the closest to self insert.

What does any of this have to do with moomins

No, i mean there was a new character that was there for only that book, well, possibly because there were no more books set in Moominvalley or with Moomins in them after that.
In Tove's own words, "couldn't go back and find that happy Moominvalley again"

Didn't know that. I have only read a couple of them as a kid.
>there were no more books set in Moominvalley or with Moomins in them after that.
In Tove's own words, "couldn't go back and find that happy Moominvalley again"
That's depressing. Sounds like they took a dark turn at the end.

Why can't modern western cartoons/literature reach this level of kino/literatūra?

Tove Jansson was a great woman.
She was an illustrator and an artist, the daughter of a sculptor, and also wrote great, thoughtful books.

I think the key is not thinking that "I'm doing comics, I'm writing a cartoon". She was just writing about the human condition in a humoristic way, using fictional little creatures.

Here's an illustration for The Hobbit's Finnish edition that she did

why is he so perfect?

You try spending a full year with that rat fucker

Wikipedia described the recensies as a mixture of melancholy and Janssons humor.

How much is that edition worth?

Uhh, I don't know? My grandma left me one (I've doodled in it as a child, lol) and I don't think it's that rare - the Hobbit was already a hit when they did the translation (they called it "Dragon Mountain" though) and she was a professional illustrator at the time, so it wasn't that exceptional.

Did a quick google and first editions in good condition seem to go for around €100-240, later editions obviously for less. I don't know if they printed it in English.

Here's her version of Smaug.

I mean to say that she did illustrations for the first Finnish translation of the Hobbit, published under the name "Dragon Mountain" (Lohikäärmevuori), and they took several editions of that book.
Later there was a different translation under the name The Hobbit, not illustrated by Jansson, and there's been several editions of that too.

>tmw the creator of moomins was a lesbian

OKay fuck the version my gran left me is the first edition, just checked. Whaddayaknow. Now I feel like a damn ass for having colored the pictures as a kid, shit I wish my parents had been stricter with me

Here in Sweden they just called it "Bilbo: The Adventure of a Hobbit" and kept the original illustrations by Tolkien which i am not a fan of. I much prefer the ones by Jansson.

Saatana perkele :(

Proper clothing, insulation and warm up the fireplace every other day.

Yeah, I know but at least she dont make a cartoon with a "lesbian" character...

Read the point...

Well... there is Tuutikki

Well, Tolkien's illustrations are nice too, though they don't maybe have so much chracter as Jansson's. She had a really unique style.

And thanks, swedebro ;__;

user she put her lesbian partner into the series

Keep it anyway. The physical value may be lost or heavily reduced but the sentimental value of it being from your granny is still there.

>Walk through dark forest
>See this

>Shit pants
>run away crying

When will this meme die?

Never. The Groke is eternal

a picture of the groke is what got me into moomin

Exclaim "ei viddu mörgö saatana :DD" and embrace the cold death.

>It's a "My fucking dies" episode

>tfw you never found your own maiden

shame there isn't a properly complete version of that series available in English, someone should bug Discotek into trying to get the licence, it is technically an anime after all

Yes, I undestand, but is not a bad character o something like "look I am a lesbian!" is a classy character

on another hand. she'd probably appreciate you colouring her illustration more than the book being worth money.

>you will never find a slighty more pretty female clone of you to have babies with
life is painful

>You will never be the only fertile male in your homestead

Was the Comet the canonical origin story? I seem to remember a different origin story where Muminpappa went on big adventures.

>no English dubbed (or subbed) version of the sand sculpture episode
Sad.

Quick rundown on the comet origin story?
Spoilers are welcome.

The Comet movie is where they move into Moomin valley and meet Snufkin, Snork and Snork Maiden for the first time.

The Muminpappa episodes are him telling about his youth,

They have pretty good taste

newfag detected

how old are you?

33 old year virgin...still waiting the wizard powers, old enougth to remember this great cartoon, and contrast with the PC & SJW bullshit of todays cartoons