Should the hallway fight be retired after the Defenders?

Should the hallway fight be retired after the Defenders?

It should have been retired after S1 of Daredevil because there's no way they could have topped that.

it's fun to dream

Jesus that looks like absolute shit

When has the MCU ever retired a trope?

The one in season 2 isn't bad, but I agree the first was the best.

Is that electra at the back?

They seem to have moved on from black sidekick.

No new ones at least.

That's Season 2 all around: it was pretty good but it stood no chance because Season 1 was fucking incredible.

Yup.

But there's still so many more
>Goliath (Bill Foster)
>Spectrum (Monica Rambeau)
>Brother Voodoo (Jericho Drumm)

If season 3 can adapt Born Again in some capacity and introduce Bullseye, I think it has the potential to be the best season yet.

didn't Doctor Strange have one?

Frank's prison hallway scene was fant fucking tastic.

No, Asian sidekick. The Black guy is a major villain. But his role should have been given to Mads. Such a waste

Didn't Iron Fist do that exact same jump-off-the-wall punch in his show?

Matt's the only person who's actually getting a chance to fight someone properly.

Everyone else just gets to hit one person, once, then stands around looking stupid.

Blah blah superstrength blah blah blah fragile normal people.

Doctor Strange didn't have an asian sidekick though. Regardless of what Mordo becomes, in that first movie he is the sidekick. If Iron Man 3 had War Machine as a villain, it doesn't change Rhodey's roll in IM 1 and 2.

>Doctor Strange didn't have an asian sidekick though

But user that's Wong

>Punisher series is released
>Frank leads a bunch of mooks down an empty hallway
>Just Franks them all with a Gatling gun

That's like saying Rhodey isn't Iron Man's sidekick, but that Coulson is. Yes, he's in the movie but not nearly to the same amount or the same role as Rhodey. Wong is a teacher that shows up for the end fight. Mordo is with Strange damn near every step of the way.

I liked the one on season 2 better. While the season 1 fight is certainly an achievement from a logistics and dramatic standpoint, they had to do a lot of trickery to make the fights seem believable from a choreography standpoint. Mostly, it was just abstract hand flip-flopping in the dark. The season 2 fight had a way better thought out choreography where you could see concrete moves.

Oh that would be killer

Power dynamics matter and Mordo doesn't really fit the sidekick mold. Neither does Wong, to be fair. They're both in positions of authority till the very end.

JESSICA DOESNT EVEN FUCKING TOUCH THE GUY SHES PUNCHING

WHY IS THIS SO FUCKING SHIT
WHY WAS IRON FIST SO SHIT

> white catholic male
> god tier
> white catholic male + white catholic male
>god tier
> female / black guy / twink
>shit tier

is marvel trying to tell us something?

Marvel Netflix shows should've been retired after Iron Fist.

I think the Season 1 fight is held to a higher regard because it set the standard and legacy of the hallway fight (god do I feel like a faggot saying that). The first hallway fight had the most going for it, because we knew exactly what was at stake and exactly how fucked Matt already was. Choreography wasn't the best but Matt felt like every move was a battle in itself. Seeing JJ, Luke, and Danny rip through people effortlessly while Matt struggles is endemic of their differences as protagonists. Daredevil suffers. Only Luke losing Pops had nearly as much impact as any of the shit Matt's been through.

Post DD S1, everyone's suffering is either too stupid or too boring. Jessica's problems are all internal, Luke's the "immovable" object insomuch that he doesn't move the plot but the plot moves around him, and Danny is "You had ONE JOB" the show.