Star vs. the Deepest Lore

Okay guys, since we all know that our original Star is dead, what's her copy endgame?
And is Glossaryck trully neutral? Cuz he knew he's gonna ruin Star's destiny with getting out that tapestry.
Is this show absolute KINO?

Other urls found in this thread:

sta.sh/21o447iar2yf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

the movie will be kino, digits confirm

Oh, god, why did you use that word.

I doubt Glossaryck is neutral, I think he just has enough faith in Star to think she can handle this, in a lot of the prior episodes we've seen him talk about his job as teaching the Butterflies and from the way he talks he is dedicated to that, as well as how often, even when no one is looking he expresses joy at Star getting something right.

Her endgame is to cuck Jackie.

Good thing this isn't the truth.

Starcucks, everyone.

The one true Kino.

I don't think the original Star is dead, but I do think the copy has begun to act in place of Star.

YOU USED THAT WORD AGAIN.

if doubles, the movie will be postponed for 2 months

Don't want to be off topic but
>That Kino

Only two months? It needs to be at least two years.

FUCK YOU.

Why would you do that?

Off yourself immediately you evil harpy

Welp, catch y'all in September.

>our original Star is dead, what's her copy endgame
wait what the fuck have I missed? Someone fill me in please

does anyone have a Star version of this

oh wait I'm retarded you're talking about Into The Wand, right?

In which case I'd argue that her copy isn't substantially different from the original and almost certainly doesn't even realise she's a copy. No nefarious scheming evil clone going on probably?

In into the want you can see that there was a copy ahead of the one we end up following meaning that our Star isn't OG Star.

once Moon/Toffee gets either canonically disproven or way harder to ship without getting into weird territory, I vote we begin focusing on Starffee instead

I don't think whether it could be canon or not means much to Moonfee shippers. I mean some people still ship Tomco and Studo.

Besides, everything is canon with a multiverse.

>implying Jarco is endgame

So what's peoples latest thoughts on the nature of moons darkest spell and the purple ribbon monster thingy in the trailer?

Is there even any confirmation that she's a copy?

In fact, because the real Star grabbed the finger, how could a fake one have brought it out?

Okay guys. I have to draw storyboard for review to one of SVTFOE storyboard artists. How not to fuck everything up?

i'm not saying it'll stop being shipped, but depending on exactly where they go with the backstory it has a lot of potential to turn certain groups off. if Moon's 14 and Toffee's an adult, for example, or if one or both of them killed someone on the other's side, etc. some who like it totally fluffy and safe have already said they're not into that.

also even though of course everyone can keep up their own personal fanon or whatever, that never lasts too long. gets sorta depressing to pretend something happened when the actual canon becomes completely different

also the "multiverse" thing never truly gets explored in the fandom

though honestly I don't ship either, but Tomco got a romantic duet and a shippy episode poster, and I highly doubt Battle for Mewni will have either because it's a more serious episode. Studo is literally the exact same thing as Moon/Toffee (two archnemeses who parallel each other), just with a much less appealing character involved and the dubious age difference between them

really though I just wanted to say Starffee

Implying it isn't.

Sorry m8y, but you know, CUTE AND PERFECT and all that jazz.

Cute and Perfect won't win out against Beautiful and Impeccable

she's shaking hands with some literal embodiment of darkness/representation of the spell itself. seems likely to be one of Eclipsa's spells, rhyme scheme is the same, it's dark magic, gives more meaning to Moon panicking about Star reading the chapter, etc.

the middle image also seems to parallel a similar image within Eclipsa's chapter (don't have it but someone must)

>Female Lead has a crush on Male Lead
>Male Lead reciprocates those feelings on some level
>Her only competition is a side character
If you think Starco isn't happening you're not right in the head.
I mean you can ship it all you want, but it's not end game.
The chances of Jarco being end game died when Marco came down the steps in BonBon

>>Male Lead reciprocates those feelings on some level
There's your problem. He hasn't reciprocated that he loves Star like he does Jackie. Starco is FUGGGGEEDD in the figurative sense.

>People think Star is a cuck
>Being cuck means letting someone have sex with their significant other
>Star is not dating Marco
>Jackie is dating Marco
>Jackie is powerless to stop Star from fucking Marco
>She's just going to act oblivious to what's going on around her like she has everything else in the series

Is cucked Jarco the true end game?

>Things_that_never_happened.jpg

I guess it's not explicitly confirmed but the theory goes it was the fake Star we were following from the moment Marco walked into Stars room for the second time.. I think? But the fact that Star sees a "future" version of herself for like 5 frames in scene pic related means she it can't be the original that we're following.

>if Moon's 14 and Toffee's an adult
That's about the only scenario I could see that would turn people off it, I think. All the rest about the negative things they did to eachother can be played off as in a different 'verse, those things didn't happen. But the age thing would be the same in every multiverse.

But Moonfee I think is one of the ships that does get explored a lot in terms of being a multiverse, what with kabukis Monstar (which grew from her moonfee verse after all)- Monstar being analogous to all the other versions of Star we see in mathmagic, where other versions of Star must've (probably?) had different parents.

>really though I just wanted to say Starffee
Fairo. Even with Studos.. unappealingishness, I still think it's slightly cuter than Starfee. I guess that's mainly because Ludo is actually kind of a cute character though

Yeah definitely agreed that it's something to do with Eclipsa, another reason is the colours- purple is one of Eclipsas signature colours it seems just from looking at her chapter in the book

>the middle image also seems to parallel a similar image within Eclipsa's chapter (don't have it but someone must)
pic related is the only one I can think of, don't think that's from Eclipsa's chapter though

>This guy doesn't realize the next episode is going to be about Marco realizing how much Star means to him after she left and having a "I don't know what I want" moment.

That theory leaves a lot of questions, like what happened to the "future star," when did the switch actually happen? What would this even mean considering there is almost no way to confirm it?
Could "future star" be a memory of Star having done this before, and going back in time later and having to redo everything but still having bits of her memory?

I think it's more likely that the things she found in the present were just a collection of things she had in her thoughts, and the "future" star was just her imagining those things then remembering to actually pick them up as she went through the school.

there's still a possibility of them both being adults or I guess even Toffee not being an adult, though that one seems like more of a stretch. but Moon's voice did seem surprisingly young

I do think that if Moon or her family killed someone on his side, or if Toffee's wearing real Mewman skulls, it might be a bit much for some

I don't think anything's going to happen that'd turn people off as much as Into the Wand did, when everyone thought they were half-siblings for like a week, but their history seems dark enough now that some shippers maybe won't be happy with the outcome (I've already seen someone who kind of gave up on the ship just after Moon's tapestry was revealed). I mean I might not be happy either if it actually does turn out to be romantic, but that's the thing-- this episode maybe more than most others will shake a lot of things up

I sorta feel like the Monstar stuff just focuses on that character herself though, rather than her parents

platonic Studo interactions are cuter than Moon/Toffee

not that one

it's a black and white eclipsed moon or Saturn-like planet with a purple ring around it. seems very similar to the scene in the promo (not the symbol at the beginning of her chapter, though the colors are close)

I'm looking through my screencaps of the book now, is this it? Otherwise that's news to me, let me know if you find it

yes, that's exactly it.

now that I look at it I guess that's actually the page that causes possession, unless just reading the chapter does that naturally. was thinking it could maybe be the same spell

they look sort of similar to me even if there's not actually a connection

>I sorta feel like the Monstar stuff just focuses on that character herself though, rather than her parents
Kabuki-Akuma who made the AU was making art of Moonfee for a very long time before she invented Monstar, and even then her Monstar art often focused on her parents or the family as a whole. It's only really on Sup Forums that Monstar became actually about Monstar with her parents in the background. But anyway, kabuki never explicitly said that it was meant to be interpreted as a multiverse, but I'm not sure if there's much difference between an AU and that.

I'm still torn on whether or not Toffee is going to be an adult in the flashbacks or not. I would strongly argue that he would be quite a lot younger, probably as young as Moon, if it weren't for the fact that the tapestry directly calls him by "Immortal monster". But who knows when he became immortal, right (if the tapestry is even accurate)? I don't think it likely that the Butterfly family has been dealing with Toffees shit for literally centuries

I want stories about autistic Star

Then watch the show my dude.

I wish I'd saved it but a while back I saw posted her that one of the storyboarders at some point posted the full spread of that page. The biggest info we got from it was that there's a big drawing of Eclipsas husband on that page, as well as of this weird goaty-lichy looking thing. Anyone got it?

That's the entire show.

Good answer but I've seen every episode and since it's on hiatus right now I need some more

admittedly I haven't paid much attention to Monstar stuff. most of her art that I've seen was the stuff involving just the canon characters

what gets me is that Toffee looks pretty much the in the present as in the tapestry, while Moon's a couple decades older since then. if he's immortal that seems to imply he's just looked like that for a while, and so it sort of seems like a significant age difference already if Moon was a teenager then

though I also don't think he's been dealing with Butterflys for centuries. I think his interaction with Moon was the beginning of this contact and then after the battle did he only begin the plan we're seeing now. also seems likely the tapestry is a bit misleading but it seems the appearances depicted are correct based off that promo

though while I don't think he's been waging war against them for that long it might be possible he's several centuries old. whatever the nature of their relationship was, I suspect Eclipsa magically granted him immortality in the past

Probably just an animation screw up. Glossaryk wouldn't screw up like that. He's the most power magic user in the series, and it is implied that he has some degree of precognition. Plus, Daron wouldn't kill her creation in such a pointless way.

Nah it's almost definitely not an animation error, there's even a foley for the sled riding along the ground. But the point is that even if it isn't the original Star that came out of the wand, all the copies were "real" Stars- their experience of their entire lives was basically the same up until the few minutes inside the school. Either original Star was replaced by a newer Star, or all those new Stars died too. It's lose-lose either way for Glossy/Daron. But it's not like those copies or the original Star actually "died", they just became memories inside the wand.

Our local drawfriend still around? He was one rad dude.

Check this out.
sta.sh/21o447iar2yf

The black hands and snakes are pretty damning.

She's most likely shaking hands with Eclipsa herself

>original Star is dead
wat

That doesn't make much sense though, Eclipsa is present day frozen in a crystal in Rhombolus's Cave. You might say that these events could've happened before he got frozen, but she'd be long dead in that case - she's like Stars 9th grandmother or something, we're talking 100+ years old, so she has to have been frozen for decades and decades, unless she came unfrozen for the events of the darkest spell and then got froze again.

More likely, it's a spell/entity that Eclipsa discovered or wrote. Maybe something to do with Eclipsas monster husband, who maybe could be actually immortal.

>since we all know that our original Star is dead,

Hold on I'm kind of late to the party, what's, uh, why is original Star dead again?

there's at least 6 of them
which one?

Toffee is important enough that Moon casting the darkest spell and FAILING to kill him is still considered her most important, noteworthy accomplishment. He's clearly been around for a while.

Being crystallized seems to preserve age. It's also possible that Eclipsa made herself immortal with her powerful dark magic

Kino

see

It's hilarious that there are people who unironically believe this.

its a memory of going into the wand dum dum. the risk was being overlapped by those memories.

That's your problem. Marco doesn't "love" Jackie at all. It's purely a matter of physical attraction and nothing else. Their interactions in Starcrushed really highlighted how superficial their relationship is.

On the other hand it's ridiculously obvious that Star is by far the most important person in Marco's life.

a future memory? that doesn't make any sense

the pic of this post is what they're talking about

>at all
Don't deal in absolutes

>Marco doesn't "love" Jackie at all. It's purely a matter of physical attraction and nothing else.
Now THIS is shitposting

Well it's hardly Jackie's personality that attracts Marco, since he only knows her on a very superficial level.

I enlarged this thinking the text would be from that one NTR manga with the fat girl who gets gangbanged as part of a play.

Actually it's almost entirely her personality
The problem is Marco continues to see that personality as so perfect he doesn't want to dig deeper; he fears it would ruin the illusion

But it's asinine to say their relationship is completely superficial and worthless

>NTR manga with the fat girl who gets gangbanged as part of a play.
its time to destroy japan once and for all

she did talk to a memory marco AFTER entering the wand from something that happened when she got out of the wand. maybe the future is something set in stone in starvs? star did almost end her universe by not trying to solve a math problem, something so simple that she didnt even get right, but star has directly effected time and space before without knowing it.

She spoke two sentences to him in the episode with the teacher turning into a troll and he said "This is the most she's ever talked to me"

And you really think Marco's crush was more than a superficial attraction to his idealized fantasy version of her.

But the crush was strong enough to last since kindergarten, where physical attraction couldn't have had a part.

Im not saying it isn't even partially superficial, but I don't think you're giving it the credit it deserves

Is this fan or official art?

Marco has been enamored by Jackie for years, his speech in Sleepover is literally all about acknowledging this and saying he wants to get to know her better. It's not just because she's hot, he's been crushing on her since kindergarten. He's into her because she's always been nice and chill to everybody.
>I've put her on this sort of pedestal. So do I like the image of her or who she really is? I mean, I like her enough to know that she deserves someone who wants to get to know her, which is definitely me.
His attraction was superficial, but he wanted to go beyond that.
I wouldn't call it shallow, it's at least a level deeper than Star's crush on Oskar was.

And I wouldn't describe Marco and Jackie as "in love" because even by Starcrushed their relationship hadn't progressed much, and certainly hasn't been tested by anything more serious than Marco's insecurity.
I would describe Star and Marco's relationship as love. Just not the romantic kind.

>She spoke two sentences to him in the episode with the teacher turning into a troll and he said "This is the most she's ever talked to me"
Yes and almost a year has passed since then, so using that as a benchmark for the current state of their relationship is pretty asinine.
>superficial attraction to his idealized fantasy
The show itself addresses this.
Superficial =/= physical. I don't think Marco has once described his attraction to Jackie in physical terms, not even talking about her hair or eyes.

>His attraction was superficial, but he wanted to go beyond that.
But since then he's made no effort to do so. Marco THOUGHT he could be the guy who would get to know Jackie for who she really was, but then he didn't do it. All he knows about her is that she's nice and confident, and that she has a couple of hobbies.

Don't joke about this.

We already had CN's UG fiasco.

STARCO IS CUTE AND PERFECT!

CUTE AND PERFECT!

The cutest
The perfectest

>Jackie's going to get dropped after spending all of 3 episodes being Marco's girlfriend
I want to feel bad but it's too funny

when exactly did I go from hating Moon to loving Moon

I'm not complaining but

Tomco is cute.

nigga wat

Good thing that won't happen

Like some other user has speculated, I wonder if the "crush my heart" part had to do with Chauncey's death.

It's kinda weird he's wandering around within the wand when he was supposed to have died in the battlefield.

To be fair she did seem like a fairly one-dimensional character until the second half of season 2

If the tapestry is accurate then Chauncey was still alive at the moment of Moon casting her spell. But I probably wouldn't put that much faith in the tapestries

quads of quality

>he didn't do it
They've been together for like half an episode dude
It's too soon to say that

What if Marco turns out to be a Mewnian prince of a different dimension?