Whats Sup Forums's opinion on the movie Heavy Metal?

Whats Sup Forums's opinion on the movie Heavy Metal?

youtube.com/watch?v=dAdqIl5XVHQ

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eOmbhvycci4
aintitcool.com/node/41330
youtube.com/watch?v=lriMUwVluZM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Pretty awesome 14 year old-core.

I saw it when I was 9.

Probably to early, but it changed my life.

Narratively a mess, visually fantastic, popularized bikini armor and swordswomen in Japan so I have to honor it as the roots of my fetish.

>popularized bikini armor and swordswomen in Japan so I have to honor it as the roots of my fetish.

You know, I've never put two and two together but your right, armored Bikini babes exploded in anime during the 1980's and 90's (after this movie was made).

Okay movie.

-T and A
-Second City comedians
-Sailor Jupiter asking if she can sleep with someone.
-STERRRRRRNNNNNN

Also, Elmer Bernstein does some pretty amazing music.
youtube.com/watch?v=eOmbhvycci4

S'alright.

Great animation, even better soundtrack, and the airplane segment is awesome.

best cartoon movie from the 80s

Fucking love this movie, overall. Admittedly it can be hit and miss. Could probably get rid of "So Beautiful and So Dangerous", but it was still animated beautify.

DO NOT TRY TO ESCAPE

YOU ARE IN MY CONTROL

LOOK AT ME

I AM THE SUM OF ALL EVILS

LOOK CAREFULLY

MY POWER INFESTS ALL KINDS ALL GALAXIES ALL DIMENSIONS

BUT MANY STILL SEEK ME OUT

A GREEN JEWEL THEY MUST POSSESS

BUT SEE HOW I DESTROY THEIR LIVES

Good stuff, I always loved the taxi driver's hidden backseat laser gun.

I wish the Mob Rules scene was longer, though. Best track in the movie.

Pretty great.

They had a theatrical showing of it and had a bunch of friends come, but for some weird the version they showed didn't have The Orb speak so between each segment was just a clip of a lil girl being scared of a green orb with no audio explanation why or how it all connected.

IT'S AS IF GOD CREATED THE DEVIL

AND GAVE HIM...JAWS

I fapped to it furiously in the 80's

Pic related is basically just the last Heavy Metal short but weebier and less rotoscoped

It's fantastic, Sup Forums doesn't like it becouse it lacks capes and isn't aimed at little kids

It succeed in giving you an idea of what an average issue of the Heavy Metal comic magazine was like from the 80's.

Some scary stuff, some fantasy stuff, some sci-fi, sexy stuff and some funny stuff.

>Sup Forums doesn't like it
>literally every comment praising it

This is what happens when you post without reading threads, you look fucking retarded

What exactly is that?

Favorite movie of all time. Seen it in the triple digits.
I love gritty, weird, and experimental animation. Without movies like this we never would've gotten fun things like liquid television and adult swim.
This movie is a cold and constant reminder that we'll never have something cool and experimental like this again because studios only want to make money. Damn shame. But it does help keep its uniqueness.

aintitcool.com/node/41330

This article right here is the reason I stopped visiting AICN. It got my hopes up so high and here we are 8 years later and nothing has come of it.

Legend of Lemnear

It's not complicated but it's worth a watch if you like bikini armor, brutal violence, and surprisingly realistically animated tits.

Yes you idiot an small as fuck thread, if this was about capeshit it would have 200 posts already. There's a reason. Why every user that tried to do heavy metal storytimes ends up quiting, even after Morrison took over this board doesn't give a shit. I'm sorry Sup Forumsmblr is your home board but that doesn't make this board least shitty

The music is the only part that hasn't aged like shit.

Sucker punch is the closest we will get to a heavy metal movie.

And the framing device kind of fucked that up, I would have liked it better if the girls kicking ass was "real".

True patrician choice coming through
youtube.com/watch?v=lriMUwVluZM

It holds up regardless of age. 2000 is pretty shitty though and qualifies more as 14 year old-core.

Thanks for the guy who started seeding this.

classic stuff, man
yeah that's when my dad rented it for us.
then he was like "huh.. forgot there was.. this many boobies.. oh well!"

Are you okay, user?

Deep breaths.

Except it's a pile of shit that undercuts its every cool action scene with a creepy rapey framing device.

And it's not original, like Heavy Metal was. It's pretty much just Snyder going through a list of some fedora-tippers wet dreams

>"Yeah, women in sailor costumes, punky mechs, nazi zombies, samurai....we got it!"

I'm not sure how the presence of a creepy rape angle diminishes the comparison to Heavy Metal.

One of the all time great movies

Nah, you a fag. Sucker punch was an interesting exploration of disassociation as a coping mechanism colored with katanas and explosions.

I don't know why so many people consider it exploitive when outside of the costumes there's so little TnA. You never see Babydoll strip, and when a movie has a character do that many flip kicks in that short a skirt and still have that few upskirt shots, I have to wonder if tittilation was what they were going for. Double so when the movie is about exploited young women fighting back and escaping from big bad controlling men in the first place.

Snyder's cape flicks were garbage but Sucker Punch is underrated and unappreciated.

IT'S YOUR ONE WAY TICKET TO MIDNIGHT

No it wasn't.

>Sucker punch was an interesting exploration of disassociation as a coping mechanism colored with katanas and explosions.
Man, weebs are easily impressed.

I'm not a huge Sammy Hagar fan, but the opening riff and chorus of that are just pure headbanger kino

Giving up already?

Correction: Weebs are easily impressed by all the wrong things and impossible to impress otherwise
>t. used to date a huge one

Feel free to name another live action movie then

Sucker Punch was killed by it's rating, it really needed the R rating. The Extended cut is better, but you can see that Snyder crazyness was too limited by the PG13. It's still probably one of the bravest action movies of that decade, along with Sin City it really tried to do something different.

Fuck the scenes are fantastic

To be clear, when I praise Sucker Punch, it is the Director's cut, not the theater release with the "lol i kick him in the penis" ending.

STEEERRNNNNNNNNNNN