Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=g0ba8G4jbqk
youtube.com/watch?v=sE8JcqaXSIg
youtube.com/watch?v=ySk4PnphZCg
youtube.com/watch?v=lJV202TpGrY
youtube.com/watch?v=hRjWnIQlJlg
youtube.com/watch?v=5285kr1J4xE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I stopped watching this ages ago. After the first few seasons and the story ended...they kept it going and now it's this weird as shit action series more focused on lore than entertainment.
Whatever happened to Church since season 5?

Same deal as fp - stopped watching after the whole Church is Alpha thing or whatever that was.

Did the show ever get good again?

As stated above in my rankings, seasons 11-13(The Chorus arc) is RvB's absolute peak.

The stuff after one season of alpha Church (season 6 onwards) are indeed garbage, but the Chorus arc is a return to form.

Good to know, something to do this week.

Make a thread about it after if possible. Reactions to RvB are always interesting as there's so many different opinions about different parts of the series, it's just a mess of contradictions.

I marathoned them all together so honestly I don't know where they begin or end.

Was season 7 the one where they introduced The Meta and the rest of the project freelancer biz? Cause that was a great one.

>Whatever happened to Church since season 5?

Died in season 6.

6-10 are the seasons that focused on freelancer.

>kill a dozen people by locking up their armor in various states of pose and having them slowly starve to death, restricting all movement but keeping them fully conscious

That's fucked up

Seasons 7 and 11 are my current favorites

Mostly because because they're flat out comedy seasons like the original idea instead of full on action oriented.

9 and 10 were awful. I REALLY don't care about the Freelancers.

I don't think I watched all of Blood Gulch Chronicles but I do remember watching a bunch of episodes of it. I think I watched Reconstruction. I definitely watched all of Revelation. I also remember watching a few episodes of the first season of the Project Freelancer saga when it was being released but I guess I lost interest and fell off.

Out of all the RvB that I watched, I preferred Blood Gulch Chronicles the most. I probably liked Revelation the least. It felt too serious and honestly a bit depressing, particularly with what was done with Church and Tex.

>Watching after Revelation.

Do you enjoy Burnie Burns shoving his cock down your throat that much?

>Died in season 6.

But he was in season 7 and 8.

That was his memories

That's Epsilon, a "backup" of Church who was mostly considered a separate character and died in season 13.

Was Church was a real person then or was he just an AI like Epsilon-Church?

There was a real person that Church was based on but Church himself was always an AI.

Was Tex an AI too?

Yes

Yes, Beta. Since all the Freelancer AI are born of Alpha/Director Church, Beta is his memory of a woman named Allison(?) he loved who died.

How do you think temple should die?
I'm thinking a full BR mag to the gut, then crush his windpipe with the butt of the rifle.
Carolina a qt. Four-Seven-Niner is best girl, though.

So then 7 would be the one where they put Church's mind in an ancient artifact?

I'm not sure if they would die of starvation first or dehydration

dehydration.

Objectively:

6 > 15 (Projected) > 13 > 10 > 3 > 8 > 9 > 12 > 5 > 11 > 14 > Recovery One > Out of Mind > 4 > 7 > 2 > Relocated > 1 > MIA > Where there's a Will there's a Wall

I doubt anything will dethrone reconstruction, everything below season 1 is bad, everything above is good.

>3
>that high

you must be high as well

3 is by far the funniest season, no contest

What do you guys think Kimball looks like under the helmet? My money's on pic related, maybe just without the hair going down to the chest.

Okay I realized I meant to say that I think I watched Recreation not Reconstruction. Though I may have actually watched Reconstruction too now that I think about it. Was Reconstruction the one where its revealed that Church is an AI and ended with an EMP attack or something?

I can't be the only one who didn't like Church and Tex being revealed as AI's, right?

>BGC
>Not best seasons

This is why we don't let Blues vote.

So the last RvB season I watched was Revelations. What ended up happening with Church and Tex was pretty depressing IMO. Did it get worse for them in the seasons after?

Yes, but the closure was good

Nah it explains a lot

Nobody on RvB is that cute

Donut begs to differ.

Carolina is hot as hell. Fuck outta here

Arby n the Chief > RVB

>Blue Pyrrha
>Hot

Carolina came first.

Hot is not the same as cute

Correct.

Scott Loveheart could fucking solo everyone in RvB and still have time to make a coke sandwhich

True. I never thought of that. In that case, I'd pick CT, or pic related.

You just know she has bright blue eyes

Well I guess AI's are a more plausible explanation than being able to be ghosts. Though I don't think Church and Tex being AI's is the only problem for me. It's also that things got so super serious and depressing for Church and Tex. And as a person who really liked Church and Tex's characters in Blood Gulch Chronicles, it hurts.

I do admit that I haven't watched RvB since Revelations. I may have watched the first few episodes of Project Freelancer but I don't really remember anything so that doesn't count. Maybe if I tried to get caught up my opinion on this stuff would change.

lolno

3>4>5>6>2>8>1>7>10>13>9>11>14>12

I won't judge 15 until it's finished but currently it's not great

The series picks up again in season 11.

So remember that animated short meant as a preview for a planned Red vs Blue animated series from years ago?
youtube.com/watch?v=g0ba8G4jbqk

Well, I found out today that Rooster Teeth made an extended version of it and released it on youtube last year.
youtube.com/watch?v=sE8JcqaXSIg

I guess that it's cool that they added to it after all these years. Though it's also kinda weird. Because, if I'm correct, the added stuff utilizes canon that was created after the original short.

I'm trying to think of any other examples of fan work that've had this much of a counter-impact on the original IP.

Counter-impact? Did you mean to say cultural-impact?

I miss Monty

Having an impact on the original source.

RvB really went a long ways towards establishing machinima as a viable story-telling medium, and some of the features that Bungie added to later sequels were a response to that (it wasn't the only thing they had in mind, obviously, but making it easier for players to do that kind of stuff was definitely a consideration).

The only other example I can think of is something like Garry's Mod, which did a lot to influence Valve's release of the Source Filmmaker tool.

Weird to think machinima isnt a thing anymore.

People don't bother making them when they can crank out shitty lets plays to greater success and at a fraction of the effort

Felix > Meta > O malley > Locus > Director > Wyoming > Sharkface > Chairman > CT > Hargrove

Meta > O'Malley > Wyoming > Director > Locus > CT > Hargrove > Felix > Sharkface

Hargrove is the Chairman

>Felix
Miles but somehow more annoying

What`s better? First five seasons of RvB or Freeman`s Mind?

The chorus trilogy is the best shit rooster teeth has every created

Fight me faggot

The what?

I watched everything up to when they just began the Freelancer flashbacks, and there was this weird Matrix Reloaded-esque scene with Tex (I think) being all super-agile kung fu and I dropped the series.

Are any of the later seasons actually all that good? It seems like they really should have ended it when Church's copy was put into the memory-box.

Fuck off Miles, your edgy Donut Steel was shit and no one cared about the 80 unnecessary characters you forced in

Grey was OK

She was actually the worst. The personification of 'le smart but random quirky psychopath!!!' that deviantartfags like to pretend they are

Eh. I didn't hate her that much but the fact that Doc was very conspicuously written out of the show so that Miles could replace him with his girlfriend's character was quite irritating. The payoff for Doc's return wasn't even that great

>beta was Tex
Wow, how did I never pick that up.

I never knew everyone hated Miles that much.

I mean I never even noticed he was the new writer

I knew there was something wrong with Temple, but damn if I ever saw that coming

feeling hype now

bump

plus, most amateur machinimas come off as cringe.

Did anyone watch Matchmaking? Was a good machinima. That and Freeman's Mind

youtube.com/watch?v=ySk4PnphZCg

youtube.com/watch?v=lJV202TpGrY

I always loved Phil
youtube.com/watch?v=hRjWnIQlJlg

Season 10 is pretty good, but yeah Chorus trilogy was fantastic.
Despite the contrarian memes Miles is in fact a decent writer.

>Freeman's Mind
My nigga.

>Miles is in fact a decent writer.
Remember the ending to rwby volume 2. And in Volume 4 why didn't they just take a train? Oscar did

Anyone else think Temple is actually Captain Flowers?

Pretty good taste.
Only things i'd consider changing are moving 14 one notch up and 13 one notch down.

Despite 13 having an amazing third act and ending which may or may not have made me cry, the middle was a little all over the place.

First, volume 2 ending wasn't that bad.
It was bad! But it wasn't "I'm dropping this show now" bad.

Second, Kerry wrote Volume 4.
Kerry is in fact not a decent writer
Though he's alright in supporting writer. IE. If he has someone to guide him.

Freeman's mind just started up again.

I think it's probably Illinois

They both wrote volume 4 m8. Miles even wrote the whole stupid '2 brothers' backstory himself, one of the shittiest pieces of writing in an entire show of shitty writing, and considers it one of his proudest achievements as a writer

Once the show changed to focus on the "plot" at the expense of the comedy, I stopped caring. The early stuff with the Meta was okay, but I hated Monty Oum's janky animations and terrible models, and the Halo 4 material was dull as shit.

Makes sense.

Is the Tex we see in the post-Blood Gulch Chronicles seasons the same Tex that was in the Blood Gulch Chronicles? Because I was watching this RvB video showing "The best of Tex" and I found this commenter mentioning original Tex and Epsilon-Tex, which sounds similar to how there was an original Church and an Epsilon-Church.

Fuck you

Saddest death in the series
She didn't deserve this. She should still be cruising the stars, looking for trouble. Not used as a ground base and later abandoned to be claimed by the snow.

I want her back, Sup Forums.

What?

I fucking loved the Freelancers' ship is what I'm saying.

I loved Matchmaking, that and Pre-game Lobby.
Also Digital Pheer's shit.
Sad that he's a jaded asshole nowadays, he was never able to get anywhere other than Arby and Cheif. RT is still making RvB a million years later but they're a whole company with other projects, AnC is all Jon has.

Being a recovering EVE-online addict I always had a soft spot for Clear Skies.

youtube.com/watch?v=5285kr1J4xE

Autistic write up time? Autistic write up time.

>7
If taken individually, this season wasn't bad, but coming right on the heels of one of the greatest RvB seasons meant that there were unrealistic expectations set for it. Viewers were expecting to see more plot heavy and dramatic stuff, but got jerked back to the same old Blood Gulch antics, back to square one, which was way too jarring for anyone watching the series in sequence.

Also, Washington was way out of character for this one. Suddenly going psycho, killing Donut and pairing up with the Meta of all people? 2edgyforme

>11
Similar problems as 7, but with the added fact that since we've already had 10 seasons of full on Red and Blue antics, the formulas getting really stale by now and there's really no way to carry the season anymore except through plot or character progression, and this season had almost none of that. Not to mention Church and Carolina, two of the best characters, being absent for the entire thing.

Chaos Theosis best villains

6 best season

Honestly, the RE saga gave it a better ending than 1-5 because it felt more like they wrapped everything up while 5 still had a ton of unanswered questions.

I dropped it after the REs when they were all of a sudden fighting with some rebel group to liberate a planet or whatever.

6 > 1-5 > 8 > 7 > early PSA's > 10 > 9 > 11 >>>>>>> Lazer Team >>> 12-15

Fuck Miles. At least 6-10 had an interesting enough plot to make up for the decline in humor as Geoff/Gus/Matt/Burnie started to step away from creative control of the show, and even 11 was sorta watchable as a return to simpler story, but everything else is literal fan fiction and shit characters/forced stakes. Not to mention the giant wasted potential that was season 14.

>Pre-game Lobby
Season 1: 10/10
Season 2: One of the biggest dumpster fires I've ever seen. Really, they tried to pump out WEEKLY episodes and the writing is unbelievably bad.

>Arby and Cheif
Yeah, it's become a tad artsy, but that's what finishing film school does to you. Still, you got to give the man credit for coming back YEARS later to do one last season.

Honestly, I always found Phil to be my favorite out of the Halo 3 machinimas. Chad "The Sex Machine" Waldorf was a wonderful villain.

Scott and Xanthar are the best villains, fuck off

>14
Wow. I have the first 5 on dvd, but the season 5 finale seemed so much like THE END that I didn't expect it to keep going. I thought they moved on to The Strangerhood which I didn't find funny at all and I just stopped paying attention to Rooster Teeth. I knew they had RWBY or whatever it is but I didn't get into that either.

Wait a minute...
Didn't Church die in the first few seasons? He was a ghost and everything, and Sarge saw him during his out-of-body experience when they were giving him CPR for a bullet wound to the head. He even possessed Lopez.

Retconned so that his body was a robot shell, the ghost form was his AI projection.

>the ghost form was his AI projection.
What about Sarge? He was out-of-body and saw Church's ghost.